U20 youth cup

Tayside Jambo

The Hibs coach is raging

Talking about poor quality of the squad.... now you have to ask if this helps the youngsters

'McDonaugh says he was far from satisfied with his squad's performance as they meekly tumbled out of the competition and stresses that some players will need to work harder to improve or suffer the consequences.

He said: "The shouting and bawling is all over and done with now in the changing room, but with too many players you are just wondering where they are going or where they are going next.

"It's always the same mistakes and the same things that they have been told to work on, but they don't improve.

"You always compare them to the bunch last year and the year before that, but there is just too many of them that, I'm afraid to say, aren't cutting it.

"Now it is time for them to improve or we will need to replace them with better ones."

The Head of Academy Coaching served a reminder to his players that they are expendable by declaring that they need to turn things around quickly, or risk losing their status as Hibernian Academy players.'

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Hibs coach is raging

Talking about poor quality of the squad.... now you have to ask if this helps the youngsters

'McDonaugh says he was far from satisfied with his squad's performance as they meekly tumbled out of the competition and stresses that some players will need to work harder to improve or suffer the consequences.

He said: "The shouting and bawling is all over and done with now in the changing room, but with too many players you are just wondering where they are going or where they are going next.

"It's always the same mistakes and the same things that they have been told to work on, but they don't improve.

"You always compare them to the bunch last year and the year before that, but there is just too many of them that, I'm afraid to say, aren't cutting it.

"Now it is time for them to improve or we will need to replace them with better ones."

The Head of Academy Coaching served a reminder to his players that they are expendable by declaring that they need to turn things around quickly, or risk losing their status as Hibernian Academy players.'

Hibs Training Center and accademy are showing us up again. Those lads are "living the dream". :smug:

jamboinglasgow

The Hibs coach is raging

Ouch, that is a real bollocking. Dont know if I think that is a good thing or not. Also signing Butcher is not going to give Hibs young players confidence, given petries willingness to get as many players as possible to bring in, and Butchers style of sign as many as possible, hardly going to be a good time for young hibs players.

Rangers an okay u20 team?

As far as I know Sevco signed most of the Rangers youth players when they (Sevco) formed a new club and bought some of the assets of the liquidated Rangers club.

Sounds a decent game mate.

Is that your match report mate?? ;)

As for Hibs youth, they've not got a hope under Butcher, can anyone name the last young player he brought through at ICT??

He buys them, he doesn't develop from within, that's always been his tactic, so I can't see it changing now to be honest.

Tayside Jambo

As for Hibs youth, they've not got a hope under Butcher, can anyone name the last young player he brought through at ICT??

He buys them, he doesn't develop from within, that's always been his tactic, so I can't see it changing now to be honest.

not sure who wrote it, got the link to it from the hearts website.

The kit in those pictures looks quality without the Wonga on it :thumbsup:

(This isn't a dig at Wonga, their business model or anything. The kit just looks good sponsorless!)

I'm not sure if you can say much about this.. Do Inverness even have a youth set up.. Even if they do i can't imagine much money is spent on it..

Also for teams around the lothian and strathclyde can attract players from all over Scotland.. I am not sure if Inverness could convince anybody that their child would be better off training up there a few nights a week.

Having said that no teams outside Motherwell (Hamilton in the past) really give a lot of youths their chance.. Obviously we do it now but more because its all we have left rather than looking to bring them through.. Some of the poor performances in the past couple of seasons makes you wonder why we didn't give more opportunity to the youngsters.. not throw them all in at once but give them some regular playing time alongside more experienced players.. Instead Laszlo, Jeffries and Sergio only gave very fleeting game time to youngsters preferring to stick with the tried and tested..

ooh-aah-cantona

I went along with a mate to watch Easthouses Lily versus the Hibs U20 side in the East of Scotland league, in a top of the table clash a few weeks back. Up in until that point Hibs had played 8, and won 8 and the previous week had won 6-0.

After a first half littered with chances for Hibs it was 1-1. 2nd half they were battered and it finished 4-1 to Easthouses and could, and should, have been by a couple of more to the Lily. I don't think Pat Butcher will have any choice but to fill the Hibs team with Gateshead and Sutton Utd benchwarmers.

I'm not sure if you can say much about this.. Do Inverness even have a youth set up.. Even if they do i can't imagine much money is spent on it..

Also for teams around the lothian and strathclyde can attract players from all over Scotland.. I am not sure if Inverness could convince anybody that their child would be better off training up there a few nights a week.

(Just catching up on some older threads.)

Yes Inverness do have a youth set-up as do Ross County, I'm probably correct to say that Ross Counties is better and well thought of. One graduate playing in the EPL and one on the Hearts subs bench, to mention just two.

I doubt many parents would consider sending their kids to Inverness or Dingwall for an hours training a couple of times a week, if they lived in the central belt. But plenty do from the Inverness area and Highland region. Both clubs have a huge area to cover with only really Aberdeen and maybe St J's able to compete with them in some of the fringe areas.

The Hibs coach is raging

Anyone know the coach for hibs u20s? Same mistakes and theyre not learning, maybe its down to poor coaching itself. Not been many stand out youth players from their academy recently apart from Harris

Footballfirst

With the outstanding last 16 ties completed yesterday, the q/f draw for the Youth Cup will take place next Monday (9th Dec).

In yesterday's games Killie beat Motherwell 3-1, Morton beat Ayr 3-2 and St Johnstone beat Celtic 3-1.

The last eight comprises:

Dunfermline

Morton

Hearts

Kilmarnock

Queen's Park

Rangers

St. Johnstone

St. Mirren

Archived