Today's Ref

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The ref was good but the standside linesman was a joke.

His reluctance to put up his flag until the player got the ball could have seriously injured McDonald.

I liked the other linesman falling though.

Dr Ian Malcolm

The ref was good but the standside linesman was a joke.

His reluctance to put up his flag until the player got the ball could have seriously injured McDonald.

I liked the other linesman falling though.

Said this at the game. There was no doubt the boy was making a move towards the ball given he was haring after it. Luckily the linesman's inexplicable failure to get his finger out his arse didn't result in MacDonald getting clattered.

Used to play 5's with him about 10 years ago when he was starting out as a ref. He's a nice, quiet guy and his wife is a Hearts fan so if we hadn't equalised he wouldn't have been getting any dinner tonight.

Two things really stuck out, one, actually pulling up a foul throw and two, a couple of excellent advantage calls.

Excellent match - in control through out and let the game flow. The three minutes extra time at the end was a real mystery given five substitutions in the second half and the blatant time wasting - I though there should have been at least six minutes.

Excellent match - in control through out and let the game flow. The three minutes extra time at the end was a real mystery given five substitutions in the second half and the blatant time wasting - I though there should have been at least six minutes.

Ref had an excellent game, let down at times by stand side linesman and the lack of time at the end was thanks to our good "friend" Ian Brines.

Decent, but had a very careful look at which player he was booking in the second half as he clearly didn't want to send a second player off.

will-i-am-a-jambo

I normally give the refs plenty of criticism throughout a match and usually rightly so but I never complained once today. Therefore, I think the ref had a very good game today. However, like others have pointed out, the 3 mins injury time was a complete joke. I don't think that that is the ref's fault though, maybe 4th official? If it was Brines as 4th official then I'm not entirely surprised, that man is an absolute disgrace when it comes to 'officiating' Hearts games!

Ref had an excellent game, let down at times by stand side linesman and the lack of time at the end was thanks to our good "friend" Ian Brines.

Fraid not mate. Hate Brines with passion, but the ref decides. He signals to the 4th official.

Tayside Jambo
He did have a good game. 3 mins injury time was a joke, but was that brines?

Ref has final say on how much added time is added. Brines just indicates how much he thinks there should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fraid not mate. Hate Brines with passion, but the ref decides. He signals to the 4th official.

Cheers fella.

Only thing that let the ref down today, as he was excellent apart from that.

On a slightly adjacent point, i liked the way scott wilson emphasised Iain Brines was the 4th official not once but twice for some subtle booing

All roads lead to Gorgie

I did not find myself shouting at ref today so I think that points to him having a good game. The county fans singing you don't know what you are doing points a ref being fair at long last.

CRAWFORD ALLAN MARRIED A GIRL OUT OF THE HEARTS TICKET OFFICE AND HIS BEST MATE WAS A JAMBO BUT HE IS AN ABERDEEN FAN WITH A HUGE SOFT SPOT FOR THE JAMBOS

Didn't really notice him - gave Brown a yellow for time wasting, thought their no.6 could have got one too with all that p***ing about before a throw-in.

Doctor FinnBarr

CRAWFORD ALLAN MARRIED A GIRL OUT OF THE HEARTS TICKET OFFICE AND HIS BEST MATE WAS A JAMBO BUT HE IS AN ABERDEEN FAN WITH A HUGE SOFT SPOT FOR THE JAMBOS

Do you have to shout?

Archived