*** OFFISHUL ITS SNAW'N THREAD ***

Big Chae

It's started tonight in harthill and in wick. There was a report today indicating we could expect up to 100 days of snow this winter.

:muggy:

Slide tackles, hot chocolate etc :jjyay:

jamboinglasgow

Seen pictures just south of Paisley with snow. The heavy snow a couple of winters has put me off it, causes more trouble then fun when its more than a couple of days.

My 1 litre lupo is surprisingly decent in the snow, so getting around isn't too bad. I remember most of livingston was under about 3 feet of snow a few years back, couldn't even make it to the end of the front garden!

Gies your snow reports/stories/opinions/rants.

Hopefully this results in most of Ross County's (home) winter fixtures being postponed, them losing confidence and fitness as a result and then knackering themselves out in January by having to take part in all the rearranged fixtures, while we gradually erode their advantage to a few points by February.

My 1 litre lupo is surprisingly decent in the snow, so getting around isn't too bad. I remember most of livingston was under about 3 feet of snow a few years back, couldn't even make it to the end of the front garden!

My old Fiat Punto Sporting was amazing in the snow

Not looking forward to it with my Civic tbh, can walk to work in half an hour too so that's a bummer

My flat is at the bottom of an alley with about a 70 degree incline.

The predicted gash weather and the bursd being pregnant is scaring me a bit. :arry:

Gritters tanning the motors last night. :muggy:

Snake Plissken

It's like someone flicked a switch and the weather instantly changed.

Sunday was so mild I was walking around in a t-shirt, today I can't feel my toes.

Just had the coldest November day in about 10 years. It was only 18c.

Not to worry, though, it has still been about 26c on average this month.

Wee bit brisk down here, but nothing to get too excited about.

Talking to a car dealer in Edinburgh about a rear wheel drive motor I had a wee test drive of after the Hibs game. Couple of weeks snow just as he's trying to hit his year-end target should serve me very well. :pleasing:

Was meant to be heading back to Edinburgh for a training course for a couple of weeks in February. Discovered today is been pushed back to Q2.

Can't say I was disappointed.

Everybody loves Baz

Only disadvantage I have with work is even if it battered down continuously for days, I'd still be expected into work. I literally stay next door to work. 5 minute walk at worst

:sob:

It's like someone flicked a switch and the weather instantly changed.

Sunday was so mild I was walking around in a t-shirt, today I can't feel my toes.

take your mittens and shoes off.

Rather nippy this morning. Thick, heavy winter jaiket on, gloves on, hat on, still baltic.

1 degree outside and a young chap walked past me this morning wearing a wee flimsy summer jaiket that looked like it was made out of shell suit material. No gloves or hat. Not even a collar on his jaiket. He was blue and had an expression like this:

Idiot.

Picking up the winter tyres this week. The downsides of having rear wheel drive and a commute to Livingston. Incidentally anyone know anywhere cheap for fitting and balancing?

Everybody loves Baz

We got our tyres done on Saturday at Meadowfield Garage in Newtongrange.

Don't think it was that expensive ?

Only disadvantage I have with work is even if it battered down continuously for days, I'd still be expected into work. I literally stay next door to work. 5 minute walk at worst

Get somebody to do your ankles Misery style then advise work your wheelchair doesn't have snow tyres.

Got the reminder last week from my boss to make sure I take the laptop home every night incase weather puts the trains off so even if I can't get to the office I will still be able to work!

Hannibal Lecter

Had a very light covering in Newmains last night. Absolutely Baltic this morning but the bus I had to get to work was even colder than it is outside.

Was very cold in Colinton Mains this morning - was wrapped up for the cycle to work this morning - face was pretty cold though.

Finally got some decent snowfall with winds yesterday and overnight. Downside was that the snowmobile almost took off on me with a frozen throttle cable. Still, at least the skis won't wear out as fast.

My RX-7 is an absolute riot in the snow. Can't wait to go play when I get back to the UK :)

We got our first snowfall in my area last night. Thankfully it didn't last too long and didn't lie. Time to make an appt to get the snow tyres put on.

Got the reminder last week from my boss to make sure I take the laptop home every night incase weather puts the trains off so even if I can't get to the office I will still be able to work!

Remember to bill him for usage of your internet connection and mains power.

Carl Fredrickson

Some house insurances will not cover you for working from home - check the small print just in case. :2thumbsup:

Guest GhostHunter

Some house insurances will not cover you for working from home - check the small print just in case. :2thumbsup:

No, but most companies insurance covers equipment and liability for home workers...

Nucky Thompson

There was a report today indicating we could expect up to 100 days of snow this winter.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm sure they said the same last year and the year before. The winter we had 3 years ago doesn't happen very often

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm sure they said the same last year and the year before. The winter we had 3 years ago doesn't happen very often

Nah it was 1000 last year. Global warming ;)

Fahookin baltic in Dundee tonight :muggy:

Archived