Does anyone really miss Rangers ?

Jambo-Chappy

Was checking the footie results on the Beeb website yesterday and never gave Rangers a thought. Aside from the extra revenue we get from playing them I don't miss them at all.

Anyone...?

Charlie-Brown

Rangers? Sevco Scotland a club with less history than Airdrie United or Gretna 2008 in reality apart from the fictions perpetuated by the Charlatans at Ibrox and Hampden.

Barney Rubble

Well, this time next season and it will be almost all over and they will be back.

No the replacement hun sevco might be around singing the same songs but the old rangers are dead silly , miss them not a jot btw !

The Real Maroonblood

Well, this time next season and it will be almost all over and they will be back.

That should please you.

Forgot about them and ended up stuck in traffic heading to the Clyde tunnel yesterday...

Couldn't care less - a repulsive club.

Hopefully we manage to keep their hideous mutant fans out of Gorgie for the full 3 years.

The Real Maroonblood

Can we debate the point and not the poster

:sad:

I miss them and will join some Kickbackers and welcome them with open arms.

The Old Tolbooth

Dreading having to suffer their knuckle dragging bigoted fans again, it's bad enough with one arse cheek still coming to town.

Dreading having to suffer their knuckle dragging bigoted fans again, it's bad enough with one arse cheek still coming to town.

Again? When have we played this new club?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Everybody misses cheats, don't they? When we thought RFC cheated it was really enjoyable to play them and to hear their gloating fans singing their songs of hate. Now we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were the biggest cheats, ever, in Scottish football, it will be so much nicer to see their replacement club's divers given so many penalties!

Everybody misses cheats, don't they? When we thought RFC cheated it was really enjoyable to play them and to hear their gloating fans singing their songs of hate. Now we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were the biggest cheats, ever, in Scottish football, it will be so much nicer to see their replacement club's divers given so many penalties!

How did they cheat?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

How did they cheat?

Are you serious? Or just seriously deluded? I've no intention of going over ground that has been covered ad infinitum but suggest you try reading the topic about your 'other club' rather than Follow Follow or Rangers Media.

Haven't missed Deadco and wouldn't miss the reincarnation if it disappeared completely. A truly repulsive organisation.

Are you serious? Or just seriously deluded? I've no intention of going over ground that has been covered ad infinitum but suggest you try reading the topic about your 'other club' rather than Follow Follow or Rangers Media.

The tax thing?

Francis Albert

How did they cheat?

Apart from deliberately mis-registering players for a decade or more, with the connivance of the SFA and SPL, or at the very least senior officials in each organisation employed by Rangers?

Nobody wants to talk about how they don't miss Dundee and nobody wants to talk about how they don't miss Falkirk.

Everybody wants to talk about how they don't miss Rangers. :smoking:

Apart from deliberately mis-registering players for a decade or more, with the connivance of the SFA and SPL, or at the very least senior officials in each organisation?

I thought they won the tax case in the end? I think the decision is being appealed?

Francis Albert

I thought they won the tax case in the end? I think the decision is being appealed?

I suspect you are being deliberately obtuse, but once again the issue of mis-registration of players had absolutely nothing to do with the "winning" or "loss" of the tax case. Rangers have never been and never were going to be "punished" as a result of the tax case. They effectively got off the mis-registration breaches, incredibly because the authorities had turned a blind eye to it. The consequences they suffered were as a result of administration, then liquidation, and were not directly related to non-payment of tax.

I don't miss them aaas such, but I do miss the games against them. One of the few really big games in Scottish football.

Oh and Rangers are still Rangers, they never died. Same team, same badge, same stadium, same honours.

Loved matches against Rangers. I miss the big games against them.

I don't bother getting involved in all that old club/new club crap, it's getting a bit tedious. They're Rangers. And when we're in the same division (whenever that is) I'll enjoy our victories over them as much as I did before.

I suspect you are being deliberately obtuse, but oce again the issue of mis-registration of players had absolutely nothing to do with the "winning" or "loss" of the tax case. Rangers have never been and never were going to be "punished" as a result of the tax case. They effectively got off the mis-registration breaches, incredibly because the authorities had turned a blind eye to it. The consequences they suffered were as a result of administration, then liquidation, and were not directly related to non-payment of tax.

I'm not being deliberately obtuse at all.

If it had nothing to do with the tax case, what did it have to do with? What were the mis- registration breaches?

I don't miss them aaas such, but I do miss the games against them. One of the few really big games in Scottish football.

Oh and Rangers are still Rangers, they never died. Same team, same badge, same stadium, same honours.

:really:

I genuinely haven't missed them or games against them (wins over them were always sweet but it was never a fixture I really cared about any more than the rest). I keep an eye on their results though and it looks like the Daly signing has made them the force they really ought to have been in the lower leagues, ridiculous that McCoist needed to sign players like that to comfortably beat part time opposition.

Oh, and they're Rangers. This 'Sevco' and 'The Rangers' chat is just dire now.

I don't miss them at all and I wouldn't mind if they did eventually **** off to England. They are a horrible club with horrible fans.

Francis Albert

I'm not being deliberately obtuse at all.

If it had nothing to do with the tax case, what did it have to do with? What were the mis- registration breaches?

As part of the registration process there is a requirement to disclose players contracts and remuneration. Rangers did not disclose the EBTs nor the remuneration associated with them. The players were not therefore properly registered. This was the case irrespective of the tax status of the EBTs - if there had never been any question about the legitimacy of the EBTs as a tax avoidance scheme the players would still not have been properly registered.

Anyway, on topic, I have to admit part of me does miss Rangers. To be honest making an 800 mile round trip to see St Johnstone or Ross County doesn't give the same buzz as a Rangers, Celtic, or a derby game. Having said that I'd be quite happy if "Rangers" absence was prolonged, as there are other consolations in their absence.

People pretending Rangers are not still Rangers is about the most tedious thing ever. Wasn't even funny to begin with, just tragic now.

Francis Albert

People pretending Rangers are not still Rangers is about the most tedious thing ever. Wasn't even funny to begin with, just tragic now.

Rangers fans and sympathisers going on and on and on trying to persuade us that "Rangers" are still Rangers surely runs it close, and surely suggests that there is at least some doubt about it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I find the folk pretending they are the same team more tedious.

As part of the registration process there is a requirement to disclose players contracts and remuneration. Rangers did not disclose the EBTs nor the remuneration associated with them. The players were not therefore properly registered. This was the case irrespective of the tax status of the EBTs - if there had never been any question about the legitimacy of the EBTs as a tax avoidance scheme the players would still not have been properly registered.

Anyway, on topic, I have to admit part of me does miss Rangers. To be honest making an 800 mile round trip to see St Johnstone or Ross County doesn't give the same buzz as a Rangers, Celtic, or a derby game. Having said that I'd be quite happy if "Rangers" absence was prolonged, as there are other consolations in their absence.

If the top part is correct, FA - they should have had the book thrown at them.

Bizarre that they never

I'm not sure it's meant to be funny.

The fact is Rangers were liquidated and a new club formed. Of course, that club is basically Rangers but they should not be allowed to claim the honours won by the previous entity. Ultimately a club spent millions of pounds of other people's money to win league titles and cups and are about to return to the SPL as if nothing ever happened, with their own stadium and training ground.

I'm convinced they'll win the SPL within the next 3 or 4 years. The indignity of being regarded as a new club is hardly a harsh punishment.

Archived