Romanov pins faith on controversial Chilean he values at ?8m

slfjambo

boabyarsebiscuit

I'm glad that Pinilla is staying as I seriously think he can score goals in the SPL if he stays fit and gets a run in the team. I'd like to see a strikeforce of Nade and Pinilla. Think that would work.

Well we know all about Vlad's revolutionary ability to rate players :rolleyes:

Pinilla must be a "1" then

Charlie-Brown

What is benji then? a number two? :rolleyes:

What is benji then? a number two? :rolleyes:

Clearly not, he's nowhere near good enough to make it into "Vlad's Files".

Beniuses and Klimek however... :rolleyes:

super_vlad
Brooks Mileson is not paying all the Gretna debts.

Gretnas creditors will get a percentage of what is owed after sale of the club or the assets, some estimates as low as 10%. So yes, some will be written off. Same thing would happen if Hearts went bust.

You can be rest assured that romanov would take no personal hit.

major difference is brooks was not the sole owner of the club.

Guest JamboRobbo

I've think after a couple of years of watching, I have sussed out how Vlads rating system works.

1 = A Kaunus diddy who we can stick in the Hearts first team to try and see if we can turn him into a footballer

2 = A good loyal SPL player who we can **** on

3 = An overpaid superstar who never plays but we can try and make a profit on.

WindyMiller
If UKIO didn't provide loans Hearts would not have money to spend other than that they generate themselves which has been approx ?10.5M total in the last 2 financial years which the accounts have been published, prior to that the Bank of Scotland allowed Hearts to spend more than they earned.

Every penny has to be accounted for - there are only 2 ways of getting money into any business that is capital or loans, thus far Ukio have provided loans but Sergei Fedotovas said on the recent free-to-view interview after the AGM that they were looking at the tax & financial implications of converting debt into shares so if this happens would they then have still put no money in?

Roman was asked about the ?3.8m of transfer fees, at the AGM, he never gave an answer.

There was also a sum of money (=/- 400k ) that had to be paid in the last financial year, for transfers and/or loans from the previous year.

Again no answer.

walton1983
Bednars money has payed for Pinilla to stay for at least one more season. This is the only reason why he's been kept on. 8 million is far too much for at present but if scores for fun and shows his talent who nows what his value would be.

Aye Right:)

Nelly Terraces

The hilarity provided by the Lithumaniac never ceases to amaze. I'd give this one a 4.

I've think after a couple of years of watching, I have sussed out how Vlads rating system works.

1 = A Kaunus diddy who we can stick in the Hearts first team to try and see if we can turn him into a footballer

2 = A good loyal SPL player who we can **** on

3 = An overpaid superstar who never plays but we can try and make a profit on.

People laughed when Vlad hauled out his ring binders from his Ikea cabinet and began randomly writing numbers down on those printed out google player results, but who's laughing now? Ivaskevicius, Klimek, Stracheny, Zaliukas and Beniuses have already been uncovered, one darent dream of who's next.

In the future all the great's like Wenger, Mourinho and Ferguson will follow Romanov's blueprint for success in the transfer market.

lost in leith
I think you will find that the company that owns the hearts shares has only one shareholder. the assets are only worth 18 million so where will the rest come from ? Are you telling me that the rest will be written off ? Why would Bankas let this go on with out gurantees that the loans will be repaid either by hearts or vlad ! Hearts are not a public company, for all end purposes we are currently a sole trader who bears all liability ! If Richard Branson own more than 80 % of Virign then yes he would have to pay off all debts thru the courts !

Here's a tip - try and get to grips with the concept of a limited company before posting nonsense like this.

All this constant fuss about Pinilla, but who are more of a waste of money? an injured Pinilla or 5 players on 20% of his salary who are fit but not good enough or interested enough to play for the first team? One is a risk, the other are liabilities.

I think that is a great post.

Cynicism, justifiable in so many cases unfortunately, is understanable in this instance.

I have nothing to base my feeling on, however I'm quite happy at retaining Pinilla.

lost in leith
Roman was asked about the ?3.8m of transfer fees, at the AGM, he never gave an answer.

There was also a sum of money (=/- 400k ) that had to be paid in the last financial year, for transfers and/or loans from the previous year.

Again no answer.

The question about the ?3.8m was how much of it was paid to Kaunas. He waffled a bit about commercial confidentiality at first. Eventually he said none of that money went to Kaunas, but I suspect that he was making things up at that point.

WindyMiller
The question about the ?3.8m was how much of it was paid to Kaunas. He waffled a bit about commercial confidentiality at first. Eventually he said none of that money went to Kaunas, but I suspect that he was making things up at that point.

The point is, that a large percentage of the running costs of the club is not clearly accounted for.

I'd value NMH's opinion on where that money went.

People laughed when Vlad hauled out his ring binders from his Ikea cabinet and began randomly writing numbers down on those printed out google player results, but who's laughing now? Ivaskevicius, Klimek, Stracheny, Zaliukas and Beniuses have already been uncovered, one darent dream of who's next.

In the future all the great's like Wenger, Mourinho and Ferguson will follow Romanov's blueprint for success in the transfer market.

and people laughed when vlad told fulham we wanted 10 million for gordon...

who's laughing now...9 million later?

True, true. In some ways he has been quite shrewd although a lot of his good work gets lost in the mire of some terrible decisions.

VR's investment in Pinilla may yet pay off but not if we continue with the committee management which has done nothing for the players this season.

i know its a long shot guys but if pinigol can get his mind and body functioning to their full potential the guy has magic in both feet, pace, control, hold up play the lot, he's by far the most naturally talented player we've had at tynecastle for a while. if he can show these talents consistently over a season (very big if) he'll score for fun from all over the pitch what value is he worth then? if vlad can sell a scottish keeper that most of us would have been happy to take 5m for to a medeocre prem side for 9m, what price a free scoring chille international striker to some seria a sides? not saying its going to happen but its worth a punt this is pinigols last chance saloon maybe just maybe it'll make him grow up and realise what a chance he has in life?

Charlie-Brown

Again no answer.

I've no idea to whom that money was paid but it was accounted for & verified by the auditors as it appears in the financial accounts as you have quoted them above or else we wouldn't be able to have this discussion in the first place.

RR mumbled something about confidentiality etc. It can therefore only be for players who signed for Hearts over that accounting period these being a combination of Pinilla, Karipidis, Kingston as well as Bednar, Aguiar & Goncalves transferring to Hearts (possibly Miko & Chesney as well?) - RR said none of the money went to FBK Kaunas which is possibly true as UBIG / UKIO provide their money via sponsorship (apparently?) although precise details of how FBK are financed is opaque so it is possible at least some of this money went to UBIG or UKIO after Kaunas transferred player registrations.

I also think a fair wedge would be required to acquire Kingston and whatever ownership of Pinilla we acquired.

All of the above is just my speculations as I don't know and it appears nobody else does except those involved in the inner-workings of Hearts finances.

It is quite common nowadays for football transfers to be reported as 'fee undisclosed' even when it involves players moving clubs that would fetch several millions so it may be that Pinilla & Kingstons transfers were 'confidential' between the clubs.

Guest casper
major difference is brooks was not the sole owner of the club.

Neither is romanov.

Remember just a few weeks ago there was a farce of an AGM with loads of shareholders there.

super_vlad
Neither is romanov.

Remember just a few weeks ago there was a farce of an AGM with loads of shareholders there.

Did the shareholders vote the board out ! NO because they are absolutely powerless !

Guest casper
Did the shareholders vote the board out ! NO because they are absolutely powerless !

What's that got to do with the debate about what would happen if Hearts went bust?

The most interesting part of this new contract is that Vlad allowed the release clause to be in US dollars

The dollar is going down the pan at the moment.

If it continues to go down in value it could wipe a good percentage of the transfer fee value off in real terms.

Hearts and romanov are not the same thing.

If Hearts go out of business tomorrow romanov will not have to pay the debts. I don't think he personally owns a single share.

The company would be wound up with the majority of the debts paid out of the sale of the ground. Nothing would come out of his pocket.

Do you think if Virgin went bust that Richard Branson would have to pay all their debts?

Isn't the real point that if we went out of business, the creditors would not get all their money back. The principal creditors are UKIO Bankas as lenders and UBIG as shareholders. As I understand it, the principal shareholder of UKIO Bankas is UBIG and the principal shareholder of UBIG is Vladimir Romanov.

If that is correct, then VR definitely does stand to lose money personally if we go bust. I do not believe for one minute that losing money is any part of his gameplan and for that reason, and that reason alone, I do not believe we are about to go bust.

The real risk for us is that something happens to VR (cf Gretnas and Mileson). At that point the people running and owning UBIG might decide that it is better to cut their losses.

The hope is that VR's great plans to make Hearts a successful team come to fruition before anything happens to him. I am still giving him the benefit of the doubt that this is indeed his plan, because I cannot see any other reason at all why he would have bought us in the first place.

david mcgee

This imposter Pinilla epitomises everything which is wrong with this Hearts regime.

He is the type of player who breaks a nail and is out injured for six months.

He is not a team player, unless you list humping your fellow players wife a form of bonding.

He played fifty matches in the five years prior to signing for Hearts and eight in his two years at Tynecastle. Less than sixty games in 7 years, yet Vlad agrees to pay him ?12,000 a week, you couldnt make it up.

Sling yer hook Vlad and take Pinilla with you.

Guest JamboRobbo

Slight difference, in that CG is a football player who actually plays football, on a football pitch. As opposed to Pinilla, who doesn't bother with that sort of rubbish. ;)

Auld Reekin'
The most interesting part of this new contract is that Vlad allowed the release clause to be in US dollars

The dollar is going down the pan at the moment.

If it continues to go down in value it could wipe a good percentage of the transfer fee value off in real terms.

But will it ever go down far enough to enable us to actually sell Pinilla?;)

Archived