Today - Be a Hearts Fan

Only a Game

Only a Game

Theres a game at Tynecastle later today. Its advertised as being Robbie Neilson's testimonial. But its not just that. Its more than that. Its a great opportunity to celebrate being a Hearts fan in the last ten years.

Forget this season. Forget yesterday especially. Forget Frail. Forget Romanov. Forget bottom six. Forget Rangers Celtic and Hibernian (they simply dont have what we have)

Today there is something for everyone who has watched Hearts in the last ten years and derived some pleasure from it.

Remember Robbie Neilson. Forget the negatives and think of the Basle goal and "the tackle" and how much both fleeting incidents meant to you.

Remember Stephan Adam. Forget the injuries and poorer games he had and think only of THAT BALL BOUNCING OVER GORAM'S ARMS INTO THE NET.

Remember, and cheer loudly, Stefano Salvatori, the unsung hero of the 1998 Cup final. Watch the cup final again sometime and see, like me, if you think we wouldnt have won that game without him. He was majestic.

Remember Stephen Pressley, who thumped the Hearts badge on his chest when it REALLY meant something to us and made one mistake. A true Hearts legend.

Remember Rudi Skacel, for six months the most agressive, dangerous and complete wide player EVER to don the maroon jersey

Remember John Robertson, especially if you saw him right through from his debut to his last game for Hearts. Try and get someone to convince you once more that this man is/was a HIBS FAN !!!

Remember Paul Hartley (yes I know he wont be there) but he should be and in spirit he will be as far as I am concerned.

Most of all, remember what we were not so long ago, what we could be again, what we need to be again and what we deserve to be again and what we WILL BE AGAIN.

Celebrate being a Jambo today. Go along, dream a little, remember a little, wish a little, hope a little. There is nothing better in the football world that is worth celebrating more than being a fan of Heart of Midlothian FC.

Thank you, Robbie Neilson, for two moments which define our great club. Most people dont even get the chance to provide ONE !!!

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

Bit gutted Pressley is playing as I said I wouldn't attend if he came along.

Jambo Hoggie
Theres a game at Tynecastle later today. Its advertised as being Robbie Neilson's testimonial. But its not just that. Its more than that. Its a great opportunity to celebrate being a Hearts fan in the last ten years.

Forget this season. Forget yesterday especially. Forget Frail. Forget Romanov. Forget bottom six. Forget Rangers Celtic and Hibernian (they simply dont have what we have)

Today there is something for everyone who has watched Hearts in the last ten years and derived some pleasure from it.

Remember Robbie Neilson. Forget the negatives and think of the Basle goal and "the tackle" and how much both fleeting incidents meant to you.

Remember Stephan Adam. Forget the injuries and poorer games he had and think only of THAT BALL BOUNCING OVER GORAM'S ARMS INTO THE NET.

Remember, and cheer loudly, Stefano Salvatori, the unsung hero of the 1998 Cup final. Watch the cup final again sometime and see, like me, if you think we wouldnt have won that game without him. He was majestic.

Remember Stephen Pressley, who thumped the Hearts badge on his chest when it REALLY meant something to us and made one mistake. A true Hearts legend.

Remember Rudi Skacel, for six months the most agressive, dangerous and complete wide player EVER to don the maroon jersey

Remember John Robertson, especially if you saw him right through from his debut to his last game for Hearts. Try and get someone to convince you once more that this man is/was a HIBS FAN !!!

Remember Paul Hartley (yes I know he wont be there) but he should be and in spirit he will be as far as I am concerned.

Most of all, remember what we were not so long ago, what we could be again, what we need to be again and what we deserve to be again and what we WILL BE AGAIN.

Celebrate being a Jambo today. Go along, dream a little, remember a little, wish a little, hope a little. There is nothing better in the football world that is worth celebrating more than being a fan of Heart of Midlothian FC.

Thank you, Robbie Neilson, for two moments which define our great club. Most people dont even get the chance to provide ONE !!!

You should be the next manager;) Superb mate:)

The People's Chimp

Remember the feeling when we lifted the cup; twice.

Remember how it felt to be 'unbeatable.'

i'll be there.

One of the best 'posts' i've read in a long time.

Thank you.:clap:

European Jambos Mum

I salute you. What a wonderful post. I am now smiling thinking of all those moments. We are Heart of Midlothian and NO ONE can take that away from us.:):)

kirstyhearts

What a great post. Best thing I've read on here for a good while, brought a tear to my eye. That's why we support the hearts. No glory seekers allowed.

GIVE ME A H .....

Sorry OAG, but in your original post you stated 2 things that Robbie will be remembered for and that actually sums him up, 2 incidents in 10 years doesn`t exactly make me very happy, he`s got his day today after that he should be shown the door as he`s certainly not the standard of player I want to see wearing the jersey next season.

Thanks Robbie enjoy your day , then close the door when you leave.:wavey:

portobellojambo1

Super post OaG. I am unfortunately unable to make the game today, my house is up for sale, with a closing date of this coming Thursday, and today is the last day of viewing, from 12:00 until 14:00. If the game had been kicking off at 15:00 I would have been there but cannot get there for a 14:00 start.

Back to your post though, as you say today is a day to put the present troubles at the club behind you and concentrate on showing appreciation for those that enabled us to celebrate in style, and made it all worthwhile.

Superb post mate,well done,i am looking forward to today after the reception Stephen Adam got yesterday :107years:

brellierlegend

PATHETIC!

broxburnjambo

Yep, good post.

One naming missing though is Gilles Rousset, who will be in Attendance today. Man of the match in 98 final. Says it all really.

Prhessley = rheptile.

For those of you who are going along, please give the weasel dog's abuse on my behalf. Cheers. ;)

JennyJambo

Great post OaG.

I'll be there with the Other Half and kids today.

If for no other reason than to stand and applaud the men who gave me two of the best days of my life. In fact four days if you include both "cup sundays" which were also immense!

This is a day to enjoy being a Jambo.

Walter Bishop

Remember the premiership decider is on sky sports today!!;)

Guess The Crowd

Best post I've read for months. Hope everyone takes heed.

MackaysCentreSpot

So you will not be attending then?

Prhessley = rheptile.

For those of you who are going along, please give the weasel dog's abuse on my behalf. Cheers. ;)

I think I will be the first to turn down your pathetic offer.

Looking forward to it.

A game without that atmosphere we have come to expect at Tyneaste this season.

I think I will be the first to turn down your pathetic offer.

None of the lads I go to the game with are attending due to Prhessley's appearance. As a result, Robbie's wallet will be ?160 lighter.

Mick Belker

Great post mate!

Today made my mind up to renew! It was the family feeling amongst all Jambos today, great day for Robbie and all Hearts supporters! ;)

Chip Douglas
None of the lads I go to the game with are attending due to Prhessley's appearance. As a result, Robbie's wallet will be ?160 lighter.

I'm delighted, it gave Hearts fans the opportunity to salute a club legend, which they duly did.

No place for petty dinosaurs today but an opportunity to feel good about being a Hearts fan for probably the first time this season.

Only a Game

?160 pales into insignificance when balanced against the fact that 16 morons took a decision to stay away, based on a warped agenda.

They werent missed today and wouldnt be missed if they never came back.

blondejamtart

Good post - and summed up how I felt about the day! Great to see the cup winners back in action again, and thought it was a great atmosphere too - lots of laughs too! Nice to be at a game and leave feeling uplifted and happy again, especially after yesterday. Also good to see the young lads getting a run out - thought they all did well, especially Rapnik and McGowan! Well done to all!

I was there today with my wife (who is badly disabled) and my daughter and her fiance, we went corporate and had a good day, normally my wife isn't normally that interested in fitba but she thoroughly enjoyed herself, I even managed to get her photo taken with big Gilles as she's always had a fancy for him. Can't get my head around this booing Pressley carry on, by getting a taxi from Glasgow to play shows him up to be a decent human being.

First time in ages I've left Tynie 'with a song in my heart' :P

It was also the first time since probably January that I've actually stayed till the final whistle too :)

ELVIS IS A LEDGEND HE TRAVLED FROM GLASGOW TO THE GAME BY TAXIS AND GOT A GREAT RECEPTION TRUE GENTLEMAN AND A LOYAL MAN THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES ELVIS

?160 pales into insignificance when balanced against the fact that 16 morons took a decision to stay away, based on a warped agenda.

If you were a proper Hearts fan you'd know it was ?8 to get in today. :rolleyes:

Ryan Gosling
If you were a proper Hearts fan you'd know it was ?8 to get in today. :rolleyes:

?10 at the gate.

I assume since you didn't buy tickets beforehand you knew it would be ?10.

JamboRossi79

Great post OAG and a great day out. Good game with 7 goals as well.

Well done to all. Only slight disappointment was (not so ;)) wee Robbo no scoring or Adam for that matter. I reckon the roof would have came off if either had found the net.

stawberry2

What a great day it was, nice to sit and watch and no have to worry about the score, just a shame people still moaned about certian players ,get a grip it was a fun day so what if (28) played can`t be bothered to find out how to spell his name (can`t mind what number he was today) if only he had scored yesterday ;)

today was a really good day

yes it was a bit of a kick about for most of the day but there were laughs aplenty. robbo in the goalmouth for the late free kick was very funny. quitongo and lockie sunbathing at the dugout while watching the game, and a wee dance from quitongo too....

loads of smiles from both sides, and the legends were well into it. some of them still played well too, if a little slower

it was criminal though that they never let robbo score though, cos as contrived as robbies penalty was, we coulda made sure there was an open goal for the wee fat striker

gary mac was tip top, flogel still a handsome bugger, neil mcann looking eager, baggio looking puggled....

it was in all a fun and highly enjoyable afternoon

JamboRossi79
What a great day it was, nice to sit and watch and no have to worry about the score, just a shame people still moaned about certian players ,get a grip it was a fun day so what if (28) played can`t be bothered to find out how to spell his name (can`t mind what number he was today) if only he had scored yesterday ;)

Ivaskevicius

Made my niece and nephew happy after the game as he (amongst others) signed their tops. Cheers Kes :thumb:

florahearts

What a great day, how good was it to see, Adam, Wee Robbo, all these guys back at Tynie. Can we please please have Tam Flogel back for good, he looked as though he had never been away. A great turn out and a day to remember

Graham Thomson

it was a brilliant day, much bigger crowd than i expected, good atmosphere, great to see the old players, just a real feel good day.... some of our players should have been taking notes, as to the quality play of the cup winning teams..

meant to say, Neil Mcann was superb........,

aye, i thought he was terrific!

What a fantastic post, thumbs up to the OP....

And what a fantastic day. I was looking forward to this game more than I had done for any other game this season and it didn't disappoint. The sun shone (eventually!) and the turnout was brilliant. The crowd were fabulous - despite having the worst season, people were upbeat and enthusiastic about it all somehow. At times this season I've worried that all this crap we've had to deal with was sapping my affection for the club but I realised today that it hasn't at all - I felt very proud to be a Jambo. Hearts are about so much more than one horrific season and today you would never have known what a rubbish time we've had lately - Jambos are really a resilient bunch. ;)

I took lots of pics and they're not really the best but I'll upload them and post a link at some point. It's nice to have some good memories of this year.

Congratulations Robbie - the boys in maroon (past & present!) and the fans did you proud today.

Only a Game

Have to say that it was just the kind of day that a lot of Hearts fans needed. I think it gave people a lot of renewed enthusiasm and hope.

All our club needs is the spirit of 98 to be instilled back into it. The fans clearly still have the spirit. We're just waiting for a bit more from the team, the management and the owners to show it at its best again.

Tynecastle still has the potential to feckin rock if a couple of things are sorted and the team starts to really get what playing for Hearts is all about.

Overall, a surprisingly good day to be a Hearts fan.

Archived