Hearts' disiplinary record

Statto

The SFA disiplinary committee gave Hearts a warning back in December 2007 based on records from August 2007-December 2007. At the mid-season point, Hearts along with 23 other Scottish clubs (8 from top 4 leagues) were warned if their record did not improve, they faced a fine - Hearts' would be ?5000.

Between August and December we recieved 49 yellow cards and 5 red cards (includes 1 yellow in CIS Cup).

After the turn of the year, we have only recieved 33 yelow cards and 4 reds (includes 5 yellow cards in Scottish Cup) (all 4 red cards came in the 2 games after Frail said he wanted to reduce the cautions his players got) The good thing is we haven't had any red cards since the 5th of January 2008, 4 months without a red card!

I'd like to think we have done enough in this department to save a fine and another embarrassing Romanov outburst. It is also an encouraging sign for next season in terms of dicipline.

Let's face it, this is about as low as we are going to get without actually being relegated, any good news should be highlighted.

The SFA disiplinary committee gave Hearts a warning back in December 2007 based on records from August 2007-December 2007. At the mid-season point, Hearts along with 23 other Scottish clubs (8 from top 4 leagues) were warned if their record did not improve, they faced a fine - Hearts' would be ?5000.

Between August and December we recieved 49 yellow cards and 5 red cards (includes 1 yellow in CIS Cup).

After the turn of the year, we have only recieved 33 yelow cards and 4 reds (includes 5 yellow cards in Scottish Cup) (all 4 red cards came in the 2 games after Frail said he wanted to reduce the cautions his players got) The good thing is we haven't had any red cards since the 5th of January 2008, 4 months without a red card!

I'd like to think we have done enough in this department to save a fine and another embarrassing Romanov outburst. It is also an encouraging sign for next season in terms of dicipline.

Let's face it, this is about as low as we are going to get without actually being relegated, any good news should be highlighted.

I'd rather we'd tried in a few games, picked up a few bookings and a fine and most importantly more points

I'd rather we'd tried in a few games, picked up a few bookings and a fine and most importantly more points

A lot of the bookings came when we were losing games though, January the 2nd away to Dundee united, we had 3 red cards! In March/April when we were turning the season around, we very rarely picked up a booking, it's alright to say if we are winning we can pick up bookings but they all add up to suspensions, when it comes to the business end of the season, we don't want players missing for important games because of suspension. I see what you're saying about the fine, but we have to win something for a fine to be meaningless, we've done nothing this season.

Rangers won't be fined. 2 of their players should have walked today and didn't. If they're not sent off it doesn't show on stats which suggest Rangers are cleaner than us - but are they?

Robbo27_22

Hearts players get booked at a drop of a hat. Other teams players get a warning.

Hundreds of examples but from Monday night, Glen beats some muppet on the edge of the box and gets absolutely poleaxed (eventaully having to retire as a result of the injury). No booking.

Thomson puts in the same sort of tackle on the touchline 5 mins later (first foul) and gets booked.

Now, in case anyone starts their ****e that there is no bias, I agree that Thomson's tackle was a booking. Riddle me this though: Why no booking for the Falkirk player?

The Old Tolbooth
Hearts players get booked at a drop of a hat. Other teams players get a warning.

Hundreds of examples but from Monday night, Glen beats some muppet on the edge of the box and gets absolutely poleaxed (eventaully having to retire as a result of the injury). No booking.

Thomson puts in the same sort of tackle on the touchline 5 mins later (first foul) and gets booked.

Now, in case anyone starts there ****e that there is no bias, I agree that Thomson's tackle was a booking. Riddle me this though: Why no booking for the Falkirk player?

Also why are Rangers and Celtic always at the top of the fair play league?

Why does Barry untouchable Ferguson NEVER get booked?

Why do Hearts players get booked for their first foul every week, when old firm players would be allowed to carry a gun onto the pitch, load it with bullets, and gun down 6 players of the opposing team without even so much as a warning being given?

I'd be challenging the fine we got because it's certainly not a level playing field!

In reply to every post, can I point you in the direction of Craig Levein.

He knows exactly why...

sandylejambo

i dont think any hearts player has tried hard enough to be even considered for a red card since january

4 of our 9 red cards this season went to Michael Stewart and Calum Elliot.

Theres a shock.

Thats basically where our "red mist" quota goes.

Archived