Where are you spending Xmas ?

Jambo-Chappy

In Sydney. We'll probably have a swim in the morning, big lunch (inside in the aircon is better than in the backyard) and then we like to end the day having a few glasses of wine at the beach while the kids are playing football.

If you ever get the chance of Xmas or New Year in Sydney or Byron Bay (or Noosa), then I strongly, strongly, strongly recommend it.

Escaping from Sydney to avoid the ghastly New Year crap. In Malaysia as usual where the shopping malls have crimble stuff but, fortunately, it's not around the suburb we stay at.

At least the weather is predictable - 34 every day with the odd 5 min thunderstorm - unlike effing Sydney. Added bonus - no anglo-Aussies.

The White Cockade

Not aware of her. Was she one of the Jameses?

The current Elizabeth is the first Monarch of Scotland with that name as you well know

Creepy Lurker

The current Elizabeth is the first Monarch of Scotland with that name as you well know

Are you actually being serious here? :lol:

Trying to turn a thread about where we'll all be spending Christmas into some weird independence debate. My word.

Hoping to catch the Maple Leafs on the 27th Dec v the Buffalo Sabres but only single tickets left on ticketmaser. The only ones I can see are on ticket tout sites which I'm not sure are legit or not. :raging:

There are always touts selling tickets on game day at the corner of Front Street and University, just beside Union Station.

There are always touts selling tickets on game day at the corner of Front Street and University, just beside Union Station.

Hoping to catch the Maple Leafs on the 27th Dec v the Buffalo Sabres but only single tickets left on ticketmaser. The only ones I can see are on ticket tout sites which I'm not sure are legit or not. :raging:

Or book a front row table at the Real Sports bar next to the arena. Best sports bar in the world!!!

http://www.realsports.ca/BarAndGrill/Toronto/

Escaping from Sydney to avoid the ghastly New Year crap. In Malaysia as usual where the shopping malls have crimble stuff but, fortunately, it's not around the suburb we stay at.

At least the weather is predictable - 34 every day with the odd 5 min thunderstorm - unlike effing Sydney. Added bonus - no anglo-Aussies.

The last time I was in Ashfield it was impossible to spot an Aussie, Anglo or otherwise.

In Jo'burg at the wife's sister's for Xmas and then down the coast for the New Year to get badly surburnt as usual. Will have to have turkey before we go, the wife's family don't like it that much. :arry:

The White Cockade

Are you actually being serious here? :lol:

Trying to turn a thread about where we'll all be spending Christmas into some weird independence debate. My word.

really?

you started it !

nothing to do with an independence debate anyway

merely stating a fact

Creepy Lurker

really?

you started it !

nothing to do with an independence debate anyway

merely stating a fact

:cornette:

This thread has just enticed me to look at booking a holiday for this year.....

Egypt, week all inclusive, ?600pp, tempted!

Hua Hin, Thailand.

where are u staying bud? I was there in July, we stayed here http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g297922-d2516443-Reviews-G_Hua_Hin_Resort_Mall-Hua_Hin_Prachuap_Khiri_Khan_Province.html

some great seafood restuarants there and also if you get the chance go to http://www.cicadamarket.com/gethere/googledesign, its only on at the w/end, some great food stalls, enjoy

The last time I was in Ashfield it was impossible to spot an Aussie, Anglo or otherwise.

Preferable to the white bread suburbs around.

Most of those you saw are probably Aust citizens, as Aust. as anyone else. I've got an EU passport still, but most of them only have the Aust one now.

It's about the best place in Syd to stay - a few mins away from Central by train and all the shopping you need.

where are u staying bud? I was there in July, we stayed here http://www.tripadvis...n_Province.html

some great seafood restuarants there and also if you get the chance go to http://www.cicadamar...re/googledesign, its only on at the w/end, some great food stalls, enjoy

Renting a villa on Soi 102 for a month. Third time in Hua Hin. Loads of great eating places and great places to watch the games.

Most of those you saw are probably Aust citizens, as Aust. as anyone else. I've got an EU passport still, but most of them only have the Aust one now.

It's about the best place in Syd to stay - a few mins away from Central by train and all the shopping you need.

I know Asfield well. My business was in Burwood and I lived in Waverely/Queens Park, still have my house there. Glad you enjoy living there mate but to me it has nothing going for it at all, and I don't mean because of the high Asian population. From your original post though you seem to have a problem with Anglo Aussies. Not sure what you mean by that.

Renting a villa on Soi 102 for a month. Third time in Hua Hin. Loads of great eating places and great places to watch the games.

that was our first time there and we really enjoyed it, no point on telling you where to eat then as you will know where to go, as you say some great places to eat, especially the seafood restuarants, anyway enjoy :thumbsup:

Best Shanghainese restaurants in Sydney are in Ashfield - I go there for my chinese. Only 10 mins drive from home, free parking in Ashfield Mall. Easy.

It is, though, a bit of a stretch to describe it as "about the best place to stay" in Sydney.

I forgot to say, white bread suburbs around Ashfield? Really?

I forgot to say, white bread suburbs around Ashfield? Really?

No, not around Ashfield! Cantonese at Croydon, Korean at Strathfield.

Purchased two tickets for the Maple Leafs V Sabres game via Vivid Seats. A wee bit dearer but better than worrying about them nearer the time. Cheers for help guys!

Purchased two tickets for the Maple Leafs V Sabres game via Vivid Seats. A wee bit dearer but better than worrying about them nearer the time. Cheers for help guys!

Good stuff, enjoy. The touts can be hard work so it's good you're not going to be wasting your time with them. I'd still check out the sports bar mentioned above beforehand. It's decent.

Good stuff, enjoy. The touts can be hard work so it's good you're not going to be wasting your time with them. I'd still check out the sports bar mentioned above beforehand. It's decent.

Definitely, will reserve a table for a scran and numerous beverages before the game as we're in a no alcohol section apparently. Not sure what the rest of the venue is like.

Probably working, Forensic Psychiatry, It's the gift that keep's on giving. Hope all jambo's have a great time.

Probably working, Forensic Psychiatry, It's the gift that keep's on giving. Hope all jambo's have a great time.

Plenty work around Leith then !!

Archived