16 points guaranteed

loganjambo

to much negative crap on here, we have a bad run lately but were just about to turn round the corner, forget wed is a diddy cup anyway, we will get more pleasure in the hobos cup humped in the final for sure.

league games.

st johnstone 3 points home game

aberdeen 1 point away game

ross county 3 points home game

united 0 points away game

inverness 3 points home game

ugly sister 0 points away game

killie 3 points home game

st lie down 3 points away game.

total 16 points, 3 or 4 senior signings in the new year, killie/ross county/st lie down collapse in the new year and we are safe, onwards and upwards

I'd like some of what you're taking mate... I can only assume you haven't been going to many games lately...

I like it. 2 home wins and were back in the game.

to much negative crap on here, we have a bad run lately but were just about to turn round the corner, forget wed is a diddy cup anyway, we will get more pleasure in the hobos cup humped in the final for sure.

league games.

total 16 points, 3 or 4 senior signings in the new year, killie/ross county/st lie down collapse in the new year and we are safe, onwards and upwards

Not a chance is any of that going to happen

I'd like some of what you're taking mate... I can only assume you haven't been going to many games lately...

season ticket holder and caught quite a few away games got to b positive mate

Snake Plissken

16 points by Hogmanay is feasible if you mean our total points for the season.

league games.

Lovin it mate. 7 points in the next three games would be kinda nice!

I honestly don't think we'll pick up a single point away from home for the rest of the season.

Admire your optimism though.

season ticket holder and caught quite a few away games got to b positive mate

There's positive and then there is posting threads that make you sound like you been smoking that bob marley lol

I like positive posts as much as the next guy but I think we have to be realistic. These guys are playing under a extreme amount of pressure right now, and based on recent form it seems a bit far fetched to assume we will just stroll through games now.

I think we will beat Hibs on Wednesday night, but the league campaign is a different kettle of fish for us right now.

Anyways I don't buy into the whole prediction of where we will be come christmas ect, One game at a time!

Pish. United will almost definitely beat us!

Sadly this is almost a foregone conclusion! Even half the positive results in that list look beyond us now that the early season bubble is well and truly burst. I should never have taken the bet with a United fan a few seasons ago. It has not been a money spinner. Does not look like it'll cost me anything next season though!

Alwaysinourshadows

I'd be surprised if we even win one of those games tbh. A draw at home to county and killmarnock are the only points we'll get

league games.

st johnstone 3 points home game D

aberdeen 1 point away game L

ross county 3 points home game W

united 0 points away game L

inverness 3 points home game L

ugly sister 0 points away game L

killie 3 points home game W

st lie down 3 points away game.W

What Im hoping for.... (Obviously im being realistic with the WLD)

There's a number of winnable games coming up. We won't win them playing the way we have recently but s return to early seasons form and we could definitely pick up a good number of points this quarter.

Worth remembering our home form has been far better than our away form as well.

From that run of games, the absolute maximum would be 9 points. Genuinely can't see anything more than that at all.

My guess would be 7.

Tayside Jambo

league games.

st johnstone 3 points home game - possible

aberdeen 1 point away game - lose

ross county 3 points home game - possible

united 0 points away game - we can win this

inverness 3 points home game - draw

ugly sister 0 points away game - hope for draw but probs will lose

killie 3 points home game - must

st lie down 3 points away game. - must

Still a base of 16 points, but not from the same games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generic Username

Getting to zero as quickly as possible is going to take us all season if we keep trying to put balls into orbit.

Considering the way we're playing at the moment,the only optimistic thing Ican say is we will be in a plus point situation after that run of games.

Sad but true.

the amount of points is irrelevant kind of

but the minimum we need before the turn of the year is 2 more wins than St Mirren

I think we shouldnt look at points targets - we need to focus on second bottom team and ensure we get to minimum 9 points behind before 2014

league games.

Its possible but not with Locke & Browns tactics. To achieve the points we need to play to the current squads strengths which is not this hoofball tactic we have been watching for the last 6 or 7 weeks, teams know how to play us now, St Midden at home was the prime example.

HillmanHearts

Win our homes and beat StMidden away - and we are back in it !!

Forget about a point at Pittodrie - that aint happening !

Jambof3tornado

I was still optimistic until I watched us at Kilmarnock. I'm sorry but while there are lots of points to be played for our team isnt good enough to not finish bottom in a really poor league.

Our only hope is that we hang in around 15 points behind and are allowed to strengthen in jan/feb. 39 points to play for after 1st feb. Cva etc needs approving first of course.

Big picture this next few years is about more than the football being played.

kevinmackenzie14

I think we have been playing decent at home minus the st mirren game, Celtic performance wasn't bad and hibs Aberdeen games we got 3 points and a very credible draw against united when they were in form, I'm still in the optimistic camp myself, once we get one win I think our fortunes will change. Starting with hibs on Wednesday then 3 points on Saturday and I can see us on the way up. Form is only temporary at the end of the day.

Win our home games and beat st liedoon away and we'll stay up. Beating hibs and st johnstone will kick start our survival bid.

Pish. United will almost definitely beat us!

Yeah and the tic too, I concede the op has 2 results right there.

portobellojambo1

league games.

As someone who has attended every game this season I would immediately knock off the 4 points you suggest we will pick up away from home. I think we will do well to pick up any points on the road between now and the end of the season. Of the home games I think we could beat Ross County at home. The other three, ICT, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, I think we could potentially lose all three. The main difference between those sides and us is that they have people up front who can convert the chances they make. We don't create in midfield, produce very few chances up front and we have no one clinical at finishing the few chances we do make. If we took even three points from those 9 I think that would be a success, given our performances are getting poorer each week rather than better (when I watch the team I get the impression the size of the task is playing a part, and the team seem to be playing with an element of fear, where it is simply get rid of the ball as quickly as possible).

Might sound harsh, and I hope I'm proved to be horribly wrong, but come hogmanay I think we could still be on a negative total. I think we just have to accept where we are, what the situation is and continue to offer as much support as we can to the team

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A positive approach would be nice all round. Not that simple without the vital parts

I realise 90% of folk have jumped on the Road to doom bus. I also realise that current form is poor and 16 points is more than I think we'll get from those games. The fact remains that the 4 home games are all winnable. 4 of our 5 home performances have been decent and none of the teams we're playing are any better than Utd or Aberdeen.

St Mirren and Killie have both had impetus after getting the confidence boost of one decent result. We need to do the same. A win on Saturday will be tough to achieve, but it'd hardly be Alloa beating Real Madrid.

We better hope its not wet when we play any of these games, or we will not get a single point!

league games.

Not understanding your comment about Hibs and final?

Jambof3tornado

We better hope its not wet when we play any of these games, or we will not get a single point!

I have it on good authority that a lesson in footwear choice is part of the training schedule for this week.

Boab fi sports direct shall explain the benefits of the long stud!!!!!

As someone who has attended every game this season I would immediately knock off the 4 points you suggest we will pick up away from home. I think we will do well to pick up any points on the road between now and the end of the season. Of the home games I think we could beat Ross County at home. The other three, ICT, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, I think we could potentially lose all three. The main difference between those sides and us is that they have people up front who can convert the chances they make. We don't create in midfield, produce very few chances up front and we have no one clinical at finishing the few chances we do make. If we took even three points from those 9 I think that would be a success, given our performances are getting poorer each week rather than better (when I watch the team I get the impression the size of the task is playing a part, and the team seem to be playing with an element of fear, where it is simply get rid of the ball as quickly as possible).

Might sound harsh, and I hope I'm proved to be horribly wrong, but come hogmanay I think we could still be on a negative total. I think we just have to accept where we are, what the situation is and continue to offer as much support as we can to the team

You're probably right.

Your last sentence is definitely right.

I wouldn't be surpised if we didn't win another game all season.

However, assuming we do turn the corner at some point (if indeed we find the corner) we need a dramatic change in form. We have played 11 games and realistically we haven't seen a team worse than us - St Mirren are closest and they beat us at home fairly easily.

We need to win 5 games with at least one other team winning none just to close the gap. Realistically most teams will probably win at least 5 games between now and the end of the season so we need to win 10. We have 27 games left and we could perhaps drop the 2 against Celtic as I simply don't see us winning those.

So, we have to win 10 out of 25 games between now and the end of the season. I don't see too many away wins coming our way so most of those will have to be at home - in other words we need to win almost every single home game between now and the end of the season.

I'm not convinced we have what it takes. If we carry on like this until January - and we are allowed signings - we'll need to bring in Ronaldo, Messi and Bale and even then we could still go down.

I honestly don't think we'll pick up a single point away from home for the rest of the season.

Admire your optimism though.

We were 2 minutes from 3 points in Dingwall.

St Johnstone have scored more goals in the last 3 games than we have all season long!

As much as I want to beat them on Saturday I'm fearing some rumpy pumpy :(

We were 2 minutes from 3 points in Dingwall.

That's very good.

Remind me how many we came away with?

I got slaughtered on here last weekend for telling someone that they were kidding themselves on that we were about to go on a winning streak of 3 games. He never had the decency to apologise on Saturday when he came on shouting the odds about getting beat.

Your predictions are even more bat shit mental.

I was still optimistic until I watched us at Kilmarnock. I'm sorry but while there are lots of points to be played for our team isnt good enough to not finish bottom in a really poor league.

Our only hope is that we hang in around 15 points behind and are allowed to strengthen in jan/feb. 39 points to play for after 1st feb. Cva etc needs approving first of course.

Big picture this next few years is about more than the football being played.

You are so right. If we are out of admin and debt free on the 1st of August next year I will be delighted. It will be a bonus if we are also still in the Premier League.

I wouldn't be surpised if we didn't win another game all season.

However, assuming we do turn the corner at some point (if indeed we find the corner) we need a dramatic change in form. We have played 11 games and realistically we haven't seen a team worse than us - St Mirren are closest and they beat us at home fairly easily.

We need to win 5 games with at least one other team winning none just to close the gap. Realistically most teams will probably win at least 5 games between now and the end of the season so we need to win 10. We have 27 games left and we could perhaps drop the 2 against Celtic as I simply don't see us winning those.

So, we have to win 10 out of 25 games between now and the end of the season. I don't see too many away wins coming our way so most of those will have to be at home - in other words we need to win almost every single home game between now and the end of the season.

I'm not convinced we have what it takes. If we carry on like this until January - and we are allowed signings - we'll need to bring in Ronaldo, Messi and Bale and even then we could still go down.

Not sure Bale is right for us but it will be good to have the other two - and Rudi of course.

Archived