Season Ticket Throwers

hughesie27

hughesie27

Good place for you to admit to it here.

Today was a shambles but certainly not the worst we have played this season but still extremely reflective on our season.

I never threw mines on (left after the second went in) but certainly don't blame those who did and actually feel happy for both the guy who stood up for the team in section F against the fans and the many who felt it necessary to descend their season tickets onto the pitch. Do you think it was the right thing to do?

Thankfully I'm not renewing next year for not only this years performance but financial reasons as well. I'll be at every derby though. Thanks Hearts for another season.

Think some good looking, witty and intellectual young chap already posted a thread about this.

Think some good looking, witty and intellectual young chap already posted a thread about this.

No, it was you, wasn't it?

No, it was you, wasn't it?

Hang on, you're right. Must've been getting myself mixed up with someone else there. :sad:

Hang on, you're right. Must've been getting myself mixed up with someone else there. :sad:

Yes, me. ;)

allystrachan

i dont thnk it was a gesture to say i wont be back this season... more of a 'keep your season tickets, i wont be renewing'

but maybe not cause i didnt throw mines and i have mines for next season.....

guy in my section threw his weeks ago! when ivascevichusguy was being subbed on.

Perth to Paisley

I never threw mines on (left after the second went in) but certainly don't blame those who did and actually feel happy for both the guy who stood up for the team in section F against the fans ............

The said genteleman was actually making a fair comment against one specific muppet who who has berated Michael Stewart all season regardless of performance. He was simply highlighting that he was being inconsistent when No 28 did something less than 100% 'without comment'. its been building all season.

Made my day as it shut the loudmouth up and he left early [before the second goal] with tail firmly between his legs. Hope it is a lesson remembered for next season if he renews his ST.

Big 'Thanks' from those in the surrounding seats :)

Craig-Section Z

Big gesture throwing your season ticket book away after the last game of the season, big big gesture.............bet everyone of them has a nice new book at home for next season!!

if they throw that away it might send a message, but to throw an empty one away?? Laughable!!

hughesie27

Not really. I think the message is clear that they were disgusted with this years performance. I won't be back next year and I would place a bet that most of them who threw theirs away won't be either. Do you think the only reason they done it was to look good?

The message is loud an clear.

zicoinexile
Not really. I think the message is clear that they were disgusted with this years performance. I won't be back next year and I would place a bet that most of them who threw theirs away won't be either. Do you think the only reason they done it was to look good?

The message is loud an clear.

I didn't throw my ST book but I won't have one next season to throw unless........

you know the rest.

Yes, you ARE a better fan than me, my bad.

The People's Chimp

It was a really hard hitting, and extreme gesture. It means a lot to throw an empty book onto the pitch.

zicoinexile

PS - Hughsie 27 - the above post was not meant at a dig than you. Sorry if you thought it was.

Groatallar

I was extremely tempted to throw away my scarf but as I've renewed and am too mean to buy another one decided not too bother. :)

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

Left at half time, did the players come out after the game?

nope, and no clapping (what was left of) the crowd at the final whistle either.

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
nope, and no clapping (what was left of) the crowd at the final whistle either.

Good, they are a disgrace.

They should hang their heads in shame, no doubt they will be out on the bevvy tonight with not a care in the world.

*****s.

If I'd had my book I'd have thrown it away, it was funny seeing them rain down, and meant nothing. But I've renewed for next season, no danger i'd throw that one away

portobellojambo1
Good place for you to admit to it here.

Today was a shambles but certainly not the worst we have played this season but still extremely reflective on our season.

I never threw mines on (left after the second went in) but certainly don't blame those who did and actually feel happy for both the guy who stood up for the team in section F against the fans and the many who felt it necessary to descend their season tickets onto the pitch. Do you think it was the right thing to do?

Thankfully I'm not renewing next year for not only this years performance but financial reasons as well. I'll be at every derby though. Thanks Hearts for another season.

A friend I was with threw his away as we got onto the concourse at the bottom of Section E. I didn't ask him why, but suspect it had a lot to do with frustration, as many have said it was a futile act in many ways, (a) it is never going to get used again anyway and (B) if you are going to make a gesture like that last December would have been a more appropriate time to do so

Littering is a crime. Please do not dare try to condone it.

As an aside, is it a coincidence that a certain poster on JKB who is a huge fan of sanctimonious, OTT gestures attended his first game in months today. Bet a pound to a penny he was one of the ones running up with a tear in his eye to launch his empty book at the pitch.

The Old Tolbooth

They didn't even come out for the second half mate!

Archived