Time to start showing support for Lockey.

Jambo-Chappy

Would be nice to hear our fans singing "Lockey give a us a wave" at our next home game. He's a young manager with a lot to do. No one should fault his commitment to the club. He's one of us.

The future's maroon !!.

He is in charge of a team of young boys that are expected to get relegated, if he somehow manages us out of it then it would be a miracle. So let's be realistic, what we are looking for is signs that we will progress, improve and be ready for a promotion push next season .

The only issue I have is that I wish Locke (good motivator) had someone with the tactical knowledge to complement that. Unfortunately at the moment Billy Brown offers much the same as Locke...oh how I wish Paolo was there to guide him

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

I've never met him but sat close to him in the stands at away games. I know he is a die heart Jambo supporting Hearts at games before he was a coach or manager. But I do not think he has enough experience of being a top flight manager. I know I'm in the minority but I think we are going down. We need to ask him to go back to coaching an appoint a proven manager.

I don't want to bad mouth him but I'm very worried.

I honestly can't believe the way people look at things on here. Of course he is inexperienced, and of course we want a more experienced team and manager, but guess what we ain't in a position to do those things. He has my full backing, realistically we were living in hope of staying up this season no matter who was in charge.

Would be nice to hear our fans singing "Lockey give a us a wave" at our next home game. He's a young manager with a lot to do. No one should fault his commitment to the club. He's one of us.

The future's maroon !!.

It would be nice to get three points. Locke will get praise when he delivers. Hearts fans can only do so much.

It would be nice to get three points. Locke will get praise when he delivers. Hearts fans can only do so much.

So how come we support the team then, because they've not delivered either!

The reality of things are we have a very young squad of players who are not good enough at this stage in their careers to compete in the SPL Locke is no different, that's the hand we've been dealt so we need to just buckle up and get on with it.

The reality of things are we have a very young squad of players who are not good enough at this stage in their careers to compete in the SPL Locke is no different, that's the hand we've been dealt so we need to just buckle up and get on with it.

Correct!

So how come we support the team then, because they've not delivered either!

Jesus. If you need the answer to that then there is no point telling you.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think he's had a fair bit of support to be honest. If it was not for the circumstances of our embargo etc, he would be seriously under pressure.

Personally, I think results will improve and we will go on a wee decent run.

Yes, he's inexperienced, and if we were not in admin, would not be my first choice.

But he is where he is, and we as a club where we are.

No point in moaning and critising, i'm sure he's trying his best!!

After all

You can only p**s with the ****** you were born with.

Diadora Van Basten

The future's maroon !!.

Lockey sheep type post IMO

But seriously he speaks well and represents the club well but the jury is out regarding tactics and his team selections.

Jesus. If you need the answer to that then there is no point telling you.

I know the answer mate, hence the sarcastic answer!! It was a dig at your stupid comment.

I think he's had a fair bit of support to be honest. If it was not for the circumstances of our embargo etc, he would be seriously under pressure.

Personally, I think results will improve and we will go on a wee decent run.

...and there it is. All that needs said.

I know the answer mate, hence the sarcastic answer!! It was a dig at your stupid comment.

Ha!

Oh Rudiboy, you've really got my number haven't you!

:rofl:

He's the manager of HMFC. Should get full backing doubled on match days.

like the support McGlynn received, if result don't improve sections of our support will turn on him

like the support McGlynn received, if result don't improve sections of our support will turn on him

Rightly so, Hearts man or not if he's not doing a good job he's going to get criticism.

Ridiculous that being a "Hearts man" somehow excludes you from criticism if you're not doing a good enough job.

Theres no room for sentiment, especially this season.

As always in football, results dictate things.

Its unfortunate that the feel good factor and the "never enjoyed a season so much in ages" has hit reality street.

I try to show support as much as possible for Lockie as he is a Hearts legend and loves the club but, I've been saying for weeks that his rigid tactics and style of play is holding the team back.

Change within the team is needed badly. And, I know he's not got a big squad to pick from at all but the problem is not the players on the park, more how they are deployed.

The players are set out to play a fairly long ball game and it's not working. One up front isn't working either.

We were giving it all the 'every match is a cup final' chat prior to this season, yet I can't think of a match this season where we didn't set out negatively and play with a bit of urgency.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I supported McGlynn from the start... results managerial decisions and performances changed that.

Many had the knives out for McGlynn before a ball was kicked though. Locke suffered nowhere near the same level of pre-emptive ire.

The circumstances are a bit different now though, what with the registration embargo, 15 point deficit and the team of young kids.

Young coach young team. I'll be supporting them both. A long and difficult season for everyone.

Surely our director of football (whose silence is deafening) should be helping out here

Probably is - prefer if he didn't.

He's like McGlynn without the humility.

McGlynn had a stronger squad than Locke has at his disposal.

Fozzyonthefence

Rightly so, Hearts man or not if he's not doing a good job he's going to get criticism.

Ridiculous that being a "Hearts man" somehow excludes you from criticism if you're not doing a good enough job.

Theres no room for sentiment, especially this season.

Fair enough but I never get how a Hearts man as manager has take ridiculous amounts of abuse, lots of it personal, but non Hearts men (and Hearts men alike) as players are exempt from it despite being shite. Managers' job are dependent on their results, players are not it would seem (even though players' performances are easier for us as fans to judge)..

Fozzyonthefence

McGlynn had a stronger squad than Locke has at his disposal.

Yes, he did, although at that time it was still the weakest squad we had had for many a year, but his results in the league were also better than Locke's to date (as you would expect), averaging more than a point a game and coming very close to beating Liverpool at Anfield. Both McGlyn and Locke were dealt a pretty shite hand imo.

Yes, he did, although at that time it was still the weakest squad we had had for many a year, but his results in the league were also better than Locke's to date (as you would expect), averaging more than a point a game and coming very close to beating Liverpool at Anfield. Both McGlyn and Locke were dealt a pretty shite hand imo.

When Locke took over last season, his PPG ratio was 1.4. Significantly better than what McGlynn achieved, and even then he had a far worse squad than McGlynn had for most of his tenure.

I dread to think what McGlynn would have got us this season. We'd probably be on minus 20

Lockes had an easy ride from the fans so far the majority have been right behind him but that will change if results don't improve

Tynecastle Valhalla

The point is that the administrators won't sack him due to cost regardless of results

On that basis every hearts fan should get behind him and the team and hopefully we can stay up

I think the part that fans can play can be overstated but every little helps

All roads lead to Gorgie

I know he gets criticised for playing a long ball game but we do have a midfield that sprays poor passes around at times plus a panic stricken back four. So until we can sign better, more experienced players we have to get right him. I would rather have someone who feels the pain as we do in charge right now.

Archived