To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )

Craigieboy

martoon
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

After catching up on this thread, this comes to mind:

IMG_6057.jpeg

Aye, but what aboot Hibs.net?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• Mikey1874

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Luckies1874
On 29/02/2024 at 21:54, Shooter McGavin said:

They’re ahead of us in every department, apart from league position, turnover, attendances, season ticket holders, Scottish cups, league cups, derby wins at Tynecastle, derby wins at Easter Road, derby wins at Hampden, derby wins in cup finals.

But for the important stuff, they’re ahead of us obviously.

Class 

:rofl:

Arthur Morgan

They did get that Moriah Welsh on a permanent though and they seem to be raving about him. From what I saw of him in the derby he's similar to Devlin, a hard worker but maybe not the most gifted technically. I guess he will stand out for them because they lacked a player like that previously.

McNelly15
3 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

They did get that Moriah Welsh on a permanent though and they seem to be raving about him. From what I saw of him in the derby he's similar to Devlin, a hard worker but maybe not the most gifted technically. I guess he will stand out for them because they lacked a player like that previously.

The boy that got taken off at half time last week for being absolutely terrible? He's Effing murder 😊

Bazzas right boot
On 29/02/2024 at 21:19, Jackhmfc1348 said:

So in other words, we are ahead in the two most important factors ? 

6677ED62-231B-4319-B935-201D11567F9A.jpeg

What ****ing measurements is he using then?

Empty seats?

Manager turnover?

Coaching badges?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Wee Mikey
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Empty seats?

Manager turnover?

Proximity to Seafield sewage works?

Ricardo Quaresma
16 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

After catching up on this thread, this comes to mind:

IMG_6057.jpeg

We're from the Capital, they're from wibble

ToadKiller Dog
32 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Empty seats?

Manager turnover?

Coaching badges?

Don't they claim they win the prematch build up and the singing .

Two massive important factors of football .

pettigrewsstylist

Apart from turnover and league points eh?

FB_IMG_1689163286903.jpg.f23d461597cdafb43262be0771840c4e.jpg

They are ahead of us in pop culture because of Irvine Welsh and the Proclaimers according to one gibbering wreck on their forum . Puts it all in perspective really and makes their one Scottish Cup in 114 years seem far less important in the grand scheme of things 

Should’vebeenten
22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They are ahead of us in pop culture because of Irvine Welsh and the Proclaimers according to one gibbering wreck on their forum . Puts it all in perspective really and makes their one Scottish Cup in 114 years seem far less important in the grand scheme of things 

122 years naw?

1 minute ago, Should’vebeenten said:

122 years naw?

Oh yeah , sorry that is correct 114 between wins but one in 122 years 

Should’vebeenten
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah , sorry that is correct 114 between wins but one in 122 years 

Shame a 122 years in a row has a nice ring to it 🙄

Mikey1874

Philip also wanted to say something though you might be surprised he cares.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Philip also wanted to say something though you might be surprised he cares.

200% ready!

Skeletor is  at it.

HeartsandonlyHearts
18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

200% ready!

Skeletor is  at it.

200%?
Really REALLY up for it then.

gordon simpson
On 01/03/2024 at 22:49, ElGee1973 said:

Players who have been caught shoplifting, snorting coke, texting under age lassies, p!shing themselves in taxis, most under 16 season tickets sold in the league, pitch invasions by fans, smoke bombs, throwing objects at opposition players, heroin addicts or those on the methodone programme. I’m sure there will be others in their trailblazing history…….

you have forgot the big one - most songs won 

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Are you saying that they actually use being associated with those rockets as a positive 😳

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Are you saying that they actually use being associated with those rockets as a positive 😳

I am . Apparently them singing that shite song they sing after a rare win has more YouTube hits than anything we have done . Might as well pack up the cones and balls and call it a day now :lol: 

The Treasurer
Just now, Sooks said:

I am . Apparently them singing that shite song they sing after a rare win has more YouTube hits than anything we have done . Might as well pack up the cones and balls and call it a day now :lol: 

You mean the one about dog shite in Leith. 

At least I think that's what they sing 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

You mean the one about dog shite in Leith. 

At least I think that's what they sing 

I will never ever understand the ****ing mental hysteria about that song . It genuinely is a terrible song and an even worse football song . Morose , shite lyrics , uninspiring , musically pish . Nothing about it is decent . I sometimes wonder if you could convince the general public that someone farting down a mic set to a slow melancholy tune could be a classic . Reminds me of when some artist takes a stupid dance pop song and sings it slowly with an orchestral backing track on Radio One Live Lounge . Everyone stroking their chins and discussing how they had never really listened to the deeper meaning behind Barbie Girl before :rofl: 

poultry
On 29/02/2024 at 21:19, Jackhmfc1348 said:

So in other words, we are ahead in the two most important factors ? 

6677ED62-231B-4319-B935-201D11567F9A.jpeg

That's extremely funny, and deluded. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

200%?
Really REALLY up for it then.

Aye, 

These types of levels

200w (4).gif

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Le Chat
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I will never ever understand the ****ing mental hysteria about that song . It genuinely is a terrible song and an even worse football song . Morose , shite lyrics , uninspiring , musically pish . Nothing about it is decent .

Agreed.  It's absolutely awful.  And sung by a couple of freaks.

If they were Hearts I'd have a permanent riddy.

Jocam2325
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I will never ever understand the ****ing mental hysteria about that song . It genuinely is a terrible song and an even worse football song . Morose , shite lyrics , uninspiring , musically pish . Nothing about it is decent . I sometimes wonder if you could convince the general public that someone farting down a mic set to a slow melancholy tune could be a classic . Reminds me of when some artist takes a stupid dance pop song and sings it slowly with an orchestral backing track on Radio One Live Lounge . Everyone stroking their chins and discussing how they had never really listened to the deeper meaning behind Barbie Girl before :rofl: 

I couldn't disagree more. Its a great song. Shame of its association with Hibs but a great song. 

Cameronstheman
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Sure its about religion sung by a dwarf shagger 

Victorian
9 hours ago, Sooks said:

They've got Grant 'Widow Twankey' Stott anaw but.

47 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

I couldn't disagree more. Its a great song. Shame of its association with Hibs but a great song. 

Can you tell me what the absolute bewilderment is great about it ? Honestly , I do not get it . It has zero redeeming features 

Jocam2325
23 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can you tell me what the absolute bewilderment is great about it ? Honestly , I do not get it . It has zero redeeming features 

We all like different things. I think a lot of people 'dislike" it coz they sing it. I can see past that. 

Just now, Jocam2325 said:

We all like different things. I think a lot of people 'dislike" it coz they sing it. I can see past that. 

No , absolutely not the case for me . I quite like Never Walk Alone for example , totally detest Celtic . Honestly it is a serious question

What is great about it as a song and as a football song 

Jocam2325

What a strange question. Why do I like s song. I don't think I'll bother trying to sound clever. I like it. End of. 

6 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

What a strange question. Why do I like s song. I don't think I'll bother trying to sound clever. I like it. End of. 

Well I think it is only a fair question after you insinuated that I only dislike it because it is associated with Hibs

I gave my reasons earlier -

It is lyrically abysmal

It is musically shit

It is morose

It is uninspiring

It is melancholy

It has no real message or meaning

It is just a really bad song posing as some deep and powerful anthem . It is complete gash 

I am just asking what about it is “ great “ in your opinion 

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

A Johnny Cash classic!

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

Nope, its utter dug shit.

13 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

A Johnny Cash classic!

:lol:

It works the other way too , All Saints doing Under the Bridge was a total abomination too . Taking a song about a very personal and serious life experience and turning it in to a pop-RnB song 

That live lounge thing on Radio 1 could be brilliant at times though . Genuine pulp shite pop music sang in a sad voice to make it sound ( as Jo Whiley would describe them ) “ beautiful “ ……… such a massive cringe

Sunshine on Leith is a distinctly mediocre , pulp , run of the mill , quasi folk pop song  . It is actually complete garbage in every metric that you can evaluate a song . Complete trash :lol: 

FarmerTweedy
On 07/03/2024 at 13:26, Mikey1874 said:

It's a good question as to what it takes to get 3rd place. 

Build a good squad. Hibs look to be 2 or 3 years away from that though they could be lucky if Vente and Levitt suddenly deliver, Josh Campbell and Chris Cadden come back from imjury as better players and they can get a few good loan players like Marcondes. But it's still also dependent on the opposition. Hearts are talking about signing better players as they have more money to spend. Surely at some point Aberdeen might get a good manager. And you can't discount the likes of Kilmarnock and Motherwell.

I actually don't think Aberdeen and Hearts are aiming to be the 3rd place club. They have higher ambitions. Hibs need to start thinking about aiming to be a top six club. 

The 2nd bold bit is absolutely a fundamental factor in the answer to the question.  I'm very much in the camp of 3rd not being fully done and dusted this season yet (although I'm very confident that we'll get the job done!), but we're heading towards breaking the 70 points mark this season, and that's after a poor start where we only took 11 points from our first 10 games.

Obviously, it remains to be seen if we can keep this form up to the end of this season and into next season (particularly if we have group stage European football next season) and beyond, but if we can, and we're consistently hitting circa 70 points, or even pushing 80s, which we'd be looking at this season if our start had matched the rest of the season, that's a very high benchmark for h1b5, the mutton molesters, or anyone else with aspirations of getting 3rd, to reach. It's a very different story to last season, where a very mediocre Aberdeen were able to take advantage of a poor season from us and finish 3rd with only 57 points. 

Tbh, while of course I want to see us getting at least 3rd ourselves all the time, if we're sustaining that sort of level ourselves, it would actually be tremendous for Scottish football on the whole if another club was also able to reach that level. In fact, it would probably mean the Glasgow arsecheeks were seriously in play, as whoever else was getting towards the 70 points level would almost certainly have to be taking some points off them, as we'd almost certainly be having to too.  

FarmerTweedy
20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

:lol:

It works the other way too , All Saints doing Under the Bridge was a total abomination too . Taking a song about a very personal and serious life experience and turning it in to a pop-RnB song 

That live lounge thing on Radio 1 could be brilliant at times though . Genuine pulp shite pop music sang in a sad voice to make it sound ( as Jo Whiley would describe them ) “ beautiful “ ……… such a massive cringe

Sunshine on Leith is a distinctly mediocre , pulp , run of the mill , quasi folk pop song  . It is actually complete garbage in every metric that you can evaluate a song . Complete trash :lol: 

If you're evaluating a song on metrics, you're doing it wrong! 

Fxxx the SPFL

Since 1902

you’ve won the cup once since 1902

could bring that song back slightly different words 

martoon

I don't like any Proclaimers songs and aye, feck it, it is because they're ugly Hibs bassas.

It's just the way I am.

One five
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

I don't like any Proclaimers songs and aye, feck it, it is because they're ugly Hibs bassas.

It's just the way I am.

I can’t stand them they are a couple of pr***s.

Jamhammer
7 minutes ago, martoon said:

It's just the way I am.

I can’t get past it either 

I Remember being at the piggery on one of their very very rare derby victories and them playing Sunshine on Leith as we left 

I just can’t like them

Edited by Jamhammer

9 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Not when it is a football ‘ anthem ‘ ……… what possible box does it tick ? It is not enjoyable to listen to because it is so poorly written both musically and lyrically thereby removing any emotional merit . It does not get the blood rushing with any emotions whatsoever 

It is an absolutely terrible song but as a football anthem ? It is just utter garbage . Reminds me of Travis or something , just looking around and writing anything you see as a lyric like flowers in a window . Stick a shite melancholy tune behind it and pass it off as something powerful ………… nut it could be written and performed by Colin Chisholm and Frightened Rabbit with a video of Robbos goals vs Hibs and it would not alter the fact it is a pile of shite 

12 minutes ago, martoon said:

It's just the way I am.

I think Letter from America is a brilliant song 

18 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Ah sorry , you are pointing out my use of a measurement system for distance and volume ect ………… like the oft misused “ turgid “ ……….. fair point 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

No , absolutely not the case for me . I quite like Never Walk Alone for example , totally detest Celtic . Honestly it is a serious question

What is great about it as a song and as a football song 

Never heard of “ never walk alone “ 

Tommy Brown
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not when it is a f😁ootball ‘ anthem ‘ ……… what possible box does it tick ? It is not enjoyable to listen to because it is so poorly written both musically and lyrically thereby removing any emotional merit . It does not get the blood rushing with any emotions whatsoever 

It is an absolutely terrible song but as a football anthem ? It is just utter garbage . Reminds me of Travis or something , just looking around and writing anything you see as a lyric like flowers in a window . Stick a shite melancholy tune behind it and pass it off as something powerful ………… nut it could be written and performed by Colin Chisholm and Frightened Rabbit with a video of Robbos goals vs Hibs and it would not alter the fact it is a pile of shite 

Can I just make sure Sooks.

You don't like the song or singers, do you?

😁

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think if you're actually from leith then it has a special meaning for you. I'm from Leith and every time I hear that song it brings a lump to my throat because I always think of my late dad...a born and bread  Leither. I never think of Hibs when I hear it...just my dad

18 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Never heard of “ never walk alone “ 

Oh aye , right enough Judy . I really should have typed out the whole title . Sorry mate , I will certainly make sure I do not post anything as cryptic as that again . Thanks for pointing it out , it is the only way standards can be improved :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I think if you're actually from leith then it has a special meaning for you. I'm from Leith and every time I hear that song it brings a lump to my throat because I always think of my late dad...a born and bread  Leither. I never think of Hibs when I hear it...just my dad

One of my best mates is a Leith Jambo . Maybe if you could explain it to me and what I am missing that makes it so powerful for yourself and others ? Is it the lyrics ? They chord ? Genuinely not getting it and neither does my pal who was born and bred there 

• davemclaren changed the title to To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )