Stephane Adam

Coco

Great reception for the great man today, obviously the biggest cheer of the day.

When he was really fit, which unfortunately for us was not often enough, Stephane was absolutely unplayable. Outside of flashes from Bednar, I've not seen a Hearts forward who understood how to make such great runs. His best game in my opinion was after his best period - when he came back in the Dunfermline 7-0 or 7-1 game - it was the best single performance I have ever seen from a Hearts player. He was utterly brilliant that day.

Looking forward to seeing all the stars play tomorrow.

rossi_1983
Great reception for the great man today, obviously the biggest cheer of the day.

When he was really fit, which unfortunately for us was not often enough, Stephane was absolutely unplayable. Outside of flashes from Bednar, I've not seen a Hearts forward who understood how to make such great runs. His best game in my opinion was after his best period - when he came back in the Dunfermline 7-0 or 7-1 game - it was the best single performance I have ever seen from a Hearts player. He was utterly brilliant that day.

Was an awesome player, who unfortunately had a bad time with injuries in the latter stages of his career

You are right about that performance in the 7-1 game, he was exceptional

His hat-trick against Killie was no bad either :)

Strawberry Jam

I remember a game at Easter Road when Mccann scored the winner, Adam didn't score but he had the Hibees on toast with some of his running off the ball!!

Great player, shame about the injuries though.

Hearts legend.

zicoinexile

A bitter-sweet experience today - glad I went to so I could participate in the reception Stephane gladly deserved - but it put into sharp perspective the pile of shee-ite that we have to watch these days.

Ineptitude at every level at Hearts just now - it is just depresssing.

:mad::mad:

vlad on the tyne

First season Adam produced the goods

2nd season near pinilla like figure, IMO.

Pistol1874

I hope tomorrow that the fans attending show the current mob what it is like to be revered by the Hearts fans by getting right behind the old boys, who to a man tried whenever they played for us and at least gave the impression that playing for Hearts mattered to them, evidenced by their returning tomorrow to play in front of us one more time.

Limited talent I can accept, limited effort I cannot.

sheesh, cant believe the chap appeared in front of the Jambo massif openly sporting a 'man bag' :evilno:

Great unselfish striker. Had a blinder in what was his debut (I think) against Aberdeen at Tynecastle. We won 4-1 and he ran them ragged.

Agree on the slight similarities with Bednar - he could have onto become another Adam for us with proper guidance.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That 7-1 game was probably one of the best individual performances I have ever seen.

What a hero.

A guy who knows what playing for Hearts is all about.

0,,10289~3628733,00.jpg

Snake Plissken

I think he was best summed up in 1997/98, the 5-3 game v Killie - he'd already scored a hat-trick and was in a scoring position but passed it to Quitongo for a goal.

Clever and unselfish.

Could do with another one of him.

That 7-1 game was probably one of the best individual performances I have ever seen.

What a hero.

A guy who knows what playing for Hearts is all about.

0,,10289~3628733,00.jpg

I remember all the snow the morning of the game and thought it may be called off, thankfully it wasn't as as previous posters have noted we witnessed one of the best individual performances I have seen from anyone.

NB,

His hamstring injury that day must have been bloody painful because I heard his scream from up the back of the wheatfield stand

Yep, his running off the ball that day was phenomenal. A forward of real intelligence.

Yep, his running off the ball that day was phenomenal. A forward of real intelligence.

He still has that intelligence.

His movement to get passes and run off defenders today was just as good as it ever was. Obviously lacks the pace he used to - but what we could do with a player with his ability up front these days.

Bordeaux 03

Was good to see him back today. Forgot about how he used to warm up on his own, just running across the pitch continously.

Archived