Team Coming back out

IMAJAMBO

Alright know will get pelters...............................but was there as usual with 6yr old grandson and he wanted to see his Team coming back out!!!

We stood in the rain and after about 5 mins a policeman came from tunnel to tell us that the team were not coming out , they were going to be but this had now been cancelled!!!!

nothing said over tannoy...........okay maybe only 200 folk but if there had only be one they should have had the decency t appear!!! I know it probably was not their desision but frail should have stood up and told them to get out there!!!!!

The people left were not going to boo as it was nearly all fans in the family area!!!!!!!

Alright know will get pelters...............................but was there as usual with 6yr old grandson and he wanted to see his Team coming back out!!!

We stood in the rain and after about 5 mins a policeman came from tunnel to tell us that the team were not coming out , they were going to be but this had now been cancelled!!!!

nothing said over tannoy...........okay maybe only 200 folk but if there had only be one they should have had the decency t appear!!! I know it probably was not their desision but frail should have stood up and told them to get out there!!!!!

The people left were not going to boo as it was nearly all fans in the family area!!!!!!!

I agree with your sentiments, and my 11 year old daughter was disappointed that the team did not reappear, however, in the circumstances I can wholly understand, and agree with the teams decision not to reappear.

Tomorrow is another day, hopefully we'll have an enjoyable one!

J

Destruction Derby

Was not at the game as i had other commitments but this is an absolute farce, could imagine all the wee guys and girls waiting to see there "heroes" then being left disapointed, if bearing the full 90 mins of the garbage was bad enough it ends with this.

Disgraceful

Completely agree with you.

The team should be ashamed of themselves after today, they were pathetic, but the people who did wait behind are the people who have supported them all season through all the cr*p. And I'm sure many of them would have been the kids who see these guys as their heroes. They should have at least shown the decency to come out and applaud the fans for their support.

Whether the players deserved fans applauding them is a completely different matter.

Imposters - each and every one of them.

They should be ashamed of themselves after that garbage today. Doubt they will be though.

Tell your son not to worry - he will have the opportunity to boo Ivaskevicius and Ksnavicius tomorrow!

They never came out for the game why should they come out after it had finished?????????

I agree with your sentiments, and my 11 year old daughter was disappointed that the team did not reappear, however, in the circumstances I can wholly understand, and agree with the teams decision not to reappear.

Tomorrow is another day, hopefully we'll have an enjoyable one!

J

So can I ,

however I think the players thought they were coming back out as all season it has not mattered about the score Banks and some players at least aknowleged the fans today on the last home game this did not happen and they cannot make the excuse because they had lost as this is quite the norm!!!!

Email the club. Very poor form from the players. Frail should have dragged them out.

Thinking about this I am sure even when we got relegated they did not treat the fans like this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl Weathers

It would have been a cheek to re-appear.

They'll do it tomorrow anyway so I can't see this being a big issue.

At least we'll get the chance to applaud some players who once gave their all.

Ray Winstone

If we had a manager with any backbone at all he would have sent the players out to face the fans that have been let down over the last two years.

Unfortunately we have cowards at the core of our club and this is why they did not come out after the game.

Jambof3tornado

Another case of the fans being treated like 2nd class citizens.

I didnt stay to offer cheer/applause etc because of the game tomorrow,and have no doubt that if the team knew there were a few hundred left in the ground they would have come back out,so get e mailing the club and ask who made the decision not to parade the shower of ****s that currently pretend to be hearts players!!!

Ray Winstone
They must have feared the fans reaction. Totally gutless today.

They should have been made to come back out.

They should have been made to come back out.

Agreed. Frail should have had them walking about in the rain for 20 minutes after that.

The players should have it drummed into them that they cannot hide away, either on or off the pitch. They are responsible for their errors, but most importantly they are responsible to the fans. Even if they had lost 10-0, they should still have come out, to face the music if that were the case, but most of all to be there for the fans who had waited behind. Once again, Frail failed.

Agreed. Frail should have had them walking about in the rain for 20 minutes after that.

Spot on.

They should have been begging the fans to pay their wages next season.

I know I am looking forward to seeing real hearts playrers tomorrow,

however my argument is that the police and stewards all thought they were coming out and then they send ONE policeman to tell us they have changed their minds!!!!!! His words not mine!!!!!!

Any of the players could have "" popped there head out the tunnel"" and saw the fans waiting !!!!!!

In my opinion it was more of a cheek not to. Yes they were awful today, but people still turned up to watch it, and then waited behind expecting the players to come back out. Those fans deserved to at least be thanked by the players for that.

Maybe they will do it tomorrow, but for many reasons I'm sure not all of the people who waited behind today will be there for it. If they were always going to do it tomorrow it should have been announced to the fans that they weren't coming back out today so they weren't left waiting around.

Maybe they will do it tomorrow, but for many reasons I'm sure not all of the people who waited behind today will be there for it. If they were always going to do it tomorrow it should have been announced to the fans that they weren't coming back out today so they weren't left waiting around.

my point exactly ! :)

letsmakesomenoise
Was not at the game as i had other commitments but this is an absolute farce, could imagine all the wee guys and girls waiting to see there "heroes" then being left disapointed, if bearing the full 90 mins of the garbage was bad enough it ends with this.

Disgraceful

Aye, i wasnae there either, had a commitment with a paint brush (which was vastly more enjoyable than the keech we've been served up this season). Think I'd have boo-ed if they'd come back out......

But it's pathetic they didn't, cos the folks left wanted to see them (especially the wee ones!)

letsmakesomenoise

Hope they do it in two waves, so we can boo the spineless feckers who are bleeding our club dry! If I had any doubt about my decision not to renew, todays shambles decided me.

heartsforglory

Disgraceful

hardly disgraceful :eek:

if they really want to go and see there "heroes" as you like to call it they can go and watch them train at riccarton

duh!

Nelly Terraces

They could've taken you all in to the changing room and shaken hands. You not getting the message mate? There were only 200 left for a reason.

This is a weird situation.

The team should've been too embarrassed to come out for a 'lap of honour', however it's a bit of a joke that they didn't appear and let all the expectant kids stand and wait for them.

I'm not sure how I stand on this decision; perhaps if I had kids I'd be raging.

portobellojambo1

While I understand the frustrations of the small number who stayed behind, I find myself asking why you stayed behind. The players coming out after the final home match of the season is similar to an encore in a concert, where the artist comes back on to take his applause from the audience, i.e. that audience showing their appreciation for the initial part of the performance.

Can anyone honestly say that over the course of this season the teams performances have justified such an encore, why would anyone want to applaud people for offering up the standard of performance we have had to endure, on many occasions, during season 2007/08.

If the players chose not to come back out because they were embarrassed by the standard of their performances I fully understand that, for well paid professionals they should be embarrassed.

Nelly Terraces

Message to HMFC 1st team squad: Please don't reappear for next season. You cocks.

Message to HMFC 1st team squad: Please don't reappear for next season. You cocks.

Nelly, have you ever considered becoming our next manager? If nothing else, the press conferences would be a hoot. :)

Sydney Devine

At the end of the match I could not believe that there was a crowd of around 30 jambos behind the home dug out clapping the team off the pitch???? Clapping a bunch of over paid, spineless tits.......!

Chatting to a few jambos during the match - we were of the opinion that fans of other clubs would not put up with this gash! The hearts support are all just so disheartened we dont even make our displeasure known - well.....apart from about 10 season ticket books being thrown on to the pitch.

heart & soul

Bang out of order! They should have been straight back out picking up litter and sweeping the stands. That's all their good for.

Hope your Grandson wasn't too upset.

At the end of the match I could not believe that there was a crowd of around 30 jambos behind the home dug out clapping the team off the pitch???? Clapping a bunch of over paid, spineless tits.......!

Chatting to a few jambos during the match - we were of the opinion that fans of other clubs would not put up with this gash! The hearts support are all just so disheartened we dont even make our displeasure known - well.....apart from about 10 season ticket books being thrown on to the pitch.

Correct Sydney...

Why anyone would want to stay and clap that overpaid shower of sh1 te of the park is beyond me?

Wage thieves.

slashishere

You know not much about this forum makes me smile anymore but that did, well done sir/madam!

Really hated them for not doing that.

Even if it was 6 people, that's six more than they deserve so they should have been out.

The cruckie cookie

Jeezo,

We have been absolutely mince all season, and they have to come out for some kids who want to see them for the last time.

Did their parents/grandparents not tell them that we were garbage this season, and if they wanted to see the players they could see them at other situations in the future.

100/200 people... get a grip.

Walter Payton
They could've taken you all in to the changing room and shaken hands. You not getting the message mate? There were only 200 left for a reason.

About 5 of us stayed after the game Nelly to wait for the players as they came out the players lounge so we could offer our "considered" opinions of their performance today and the season as a whole (you could have joined us if you hadn't forced the police to take action ;)) Few highlights (in order)...

Stefano Salvatori came out and probably spent the most amount of time out of anybody speaking to the fans that were around (lots of kids and overweight women (for some reason) wanting players (whether Killie or Hearts) to give them any pieces of kit they had in their bag). He had people trying to hurry him up out of the rain, but he was intent on spending time with everybody. Great to see.

Robbie Neilson came out- Asked him what happened to the "lap of honour". He replied "lap of shame more like" and shrugged apologetically.

Andy Driver came out (didn't ask him about his opinions as he hadn't played) and spent time with the kids, taking part in photos and signing stuff- obviously waiting for Eggert Jonnson who I don't think spoke to anyone and left in a rush.

Christophe Berra came out- for a captain of the club he had remarkedly little to say. Ducked low and refused to say anything to anybody, almost running to get away.

Laryea Kingston- came out obviously expecting everybody that was waiting to want to shake his hand and massage his ego and was obviously shocked to find people telling him to pull his finger out, that he'd been hiding on the pitch and to play to his potential rather than settling to the standard of the other crap on the pitch.

Stephane Adam and Gilles Rousset came out- more handshakes all round and posing for photos. Asked what their opinion was on Hearts just now and Stephane's response was "it's sad to see". Other than Salvatori, Adam spent the most amount of time speaking to the supporters.

Karipidis, Goncalves and Zaliukas came out- All kept walking (I think they signed a few things) but obviously weren't too worried about things.

Michael Stewart- All of us from Section N had been pretty measured in what we were asking the players so far (why they didn't do a "lap of honour" or did they have any pride in the club- there were kids around) but some guy who was also there had obviously been waiting for Stewart and didn't let anyone else get a word in edgeways- Went absolute mental at him, calling him a wage thief, telling him he was just as bad as the "foreigners" at the club and telling him to go back to Hibs. Stewart just kept on saying "thanks" and "ok" which I can understand, but his style was very much "this is what a professional player does when faced with criticism" rather than "I actually do care but I'm not allowed to say any more".

Steve Banks came out- shook hands with quite a few guys (chatted to Andy about Stoke for a bit) and apologised that the players hadn't acknowledged the fans at the end- he said a few had wanted to but they were expressly forbidden to (think he said it came from Shaggy but I can't be certain). Said he realised the fans deserved better and he definitely wanted things to improve.

Appreciate we'll probably get some stick for being sad enough to stick around, but we just wanted a chance to let them know how some of us felt. A lot of the responses were probably only to be expected, but being there it was pretty clear who felt sorry for the fans and who didn't.

Walter Payton

Absolutely- if this had been a club in Italy there would have been a lot more of us wanting a chat with the players after the game. Romanov's got a lot to answer for but the players are indulging in our tolerance.

was sitting beside bruno and robbie and can confirm that when second goal went in they were told not to go to pitch as was originally the plan but to go home. to be fair to robbie he said it would be a walk of shame if it had gone ahead

MackaysCentreSpot
While I understand the frustrations of the small number who stayed behind, I find myself asking why you stayed behind. The players coming out after the final home match of the season is similar to an encore in a concert, where the artist comes back on to take his applause from the audience, i.e. that audience showing their appreciation for the initial part of the performance.

Can anyone honestly say that over the course of this season the teams performances have justified such an encore, why would anyone want to applaud people for offering up the standard of performance we have had to endure, on many occasions, during season 2007/08.

If the players chose not to come back out because they were embarrassed by the standard of their performances I fully understand that, for well paid professionals they should be embarrassed.

I really think the point being missed PJ is that the players should have come out not for the fans to applaud them but for them to applaud the fans after sticking by them all season.

portobellojambo1
I really think the point being missed PJ is that the players should have come out not for the fans to applaud them but for them to applaud the fans after sticking by them all season.

As I said Vinny I suspect their non appearance is reflective of the fact that they were embarrassed by what they have produced this season.

I understand what you are saying, in theory it should be a two way thing, them offering their thanks, and the fans doing likewise, in reality it was never going to happen was it, so they took the easy option and hid.

MackaysCentreSpot
As I said Vinny I suspect their non appearance is reflective of the fact that they were embarrassed by what they have produced this season.

I understand what you are saying, in theory it should be a two way thing, them offering their thanks, and the fans doing likewise, in reality it was never going to happen was it, so they took the easy option and hid.

The thing I really worry about is that it was because they were not embarrased and that the majority of the players were not ashamed or were not concerned by what they have produced this season so they did not bother their backsides to come out.

Archived