Victory shield

1874robbo

Tonight on sky sports 2 at 7.30pm a chance to see(if selected) our future stars in Sean Mckirdy and Leon Jones when Scotland take on Northern Ireland.

I'm almost certain Jones is captain & McKirdy is a key player so you can tune in safe in the knowledge both will be playing

I'm almost certain Jones is captain & McKirdy is a key player so you can tune in safe in the knowledge both will be playing

I agree mate but squad not announced until today.

Footballfirst

A couple of players to look out for in the Scotland squad are Ali Coote, a left winger from Dundee Utd and striker Calvin Miller from Celtic who also played in the Victory Shield last year.

Coote is another who has played U20 football well in advance of his years and Miller is very pacy and has quick feet.

I believe we (Scotland, not Hearts) have a kid called Ben Stirling involved. He's from a guid Hearts supporting family even though he's learning his trade in Ormiston!

A couple of players to look out for in the Scotland squad are Ali Coote, a left winger from Dundee Utd and striker Calvin Miller from Celtic who also played in the Victory Shield last year.

Coote is another who has played U20 football well in advance of his years and Miller is very pacy and has quick feet.

Miller seems to be great prospect from all reports

Many are prospects though but few become the finished article.

Lets hope those with Hearts connections continue to develop (and of course all young players)

Good call on Ali Coote, fine strike!!!

Footballfirst

Full Squad with teams

Goalkeepers

Ross Doohan (Celtic)

Robby McCrorie (Rangers)

Defenders

Daniel Higgins (Celtic)

Ross Lyon (Rangers)

Leon Jones (Heart of Midlothian)

Ross McCrorie (Rangers)

Daniel Harvie (Aberdeen)

Midfielders

Ben Stirling (Hibernian)

Sean McKirdy (Heart of Midlothian)

Mark Hill (Celtic)

Joshua Laws (Fortuna Dusseldorf)

Frank Ross (Aberdeen)

Regan Hendry (Celtic)

Charlie Gilmour (Arsenal)

Forwards

Liam Runciman (Motherwell)

Calvin Miller (Celtic)

Kevin O?Hara (Forth Valley)

Ryan Watters (Motherwell)

Alistair Coote (Dundee United)

Aaron Norris (Aberdeen)

Get your money on Scotland here the bookie have some crazy odds for next team to scre....Scotland evens, I've won enough to take hearts out if admin ;)

2-0 half time. Good goals so far, Mckirdy starting to get his foot on the ball a lot more and looks very good, the two boys identified before by FF also been stand outs along with the left back. Also good to hear Boothe saying the right things wanting them to play football which Scotland have done far more so than NI. All in all pretty impressive!

The_razors_edge

I like the way the goalie almost always looks to roll the ball out from the back or throw it to the winger for a quick break.

willie wallace

Good to see Scott Booth as a coach because that means he can't be a commentator and he was terrible at that

He is not easily pleased going by his comments at the end.

Footballfirst

I though Scotland were excellent, with Leon looking solid at the back and Sean was excellent anchoring midfield. Win the ball, pass it simple and keep possession.

I though Scotland were excellent, with Leon looking solid at the back and Sean was excellent anchoring midfield. Win the ball, pass it simple and keep possession.

Can't disagree with Any of that tbh.

He is not easily pleased going by his comments at the end.

I thought he was a big harsh tbh, passing wasn't as slick and fast as it can be but pitch didn't look the best to me, also young kids are going to be nervous with being live on telly etc.

I thought Sean and Leon played really well, Sean gives a 110% every time , smashing player, he never really got the ball as much as he wanted it the night though .

We_are_the_Hearts

Booth was right, accept mediocrity and that's what you will get. We need to be aiming higher. Saying that its good to see Scots teams with a bit of pace and movement in the final third. Wotte will prove to be a great appointment

Archived