ollie2004

The first two home games v Macedonia and Serbia at Hampden under Levein were absolutely garbage as well. He was an embarrassment of a manager and should have been fired after the cowardice away in the Czech Republic.

:spoton:

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dobmisterdobster
Have Ingurland won the 2014 world cup yet?

The denial machine will be restarted and in full swing next year, with Gary Lineker talking about Three Lions on a shirt.

The denial machine will be restarted and in full swing next year, with Gary Lineker talking about Three Lions on a shirt.

On the BBC news this morning they were talking about reaching the 1/4 finals and anything after that is a bonus. Seems the English medias perception of the national team is starting to become a bit more realistic (until as you say Gary Lineker and the rest of the MOTD mob start).

We_are_the_Hearts

On the BBC news this morning they were talking about reaching the 1/4 finals and anything after that is a bonus. Seems the English medias perception of the national team is starting to become a bit more realistic (until as you say Gary Lineker and the rest of the MOTD mob start).

I would be really surprised if they reached the 1/4 finals, maybe in the Euros but not a World Cup in South America....

Alan Hutton has to go. Shit

Not had a bad game under Strachan, considering he's not playing first team football that's good going.

Plus there isn't a better Scottish RB at the moment.

Alan Hutton has to go. Shit

Disagreed. His work rate is the highest on the back line, and he's been much more good than bad in the past year.

We_are_the_Hearts

Hopefully get Bardsley back playing for Left Back now Di Fannio has been sacked. Him or Mulgrew as Whittaker is gash.

Hopefully get Bardsley back playing for Left Back now Di Fannio has been sacked. Him or Mulgrew as Whittaker is gash.

Bardsley was barely getting a game under O'Neill either so can't see why Di Canio leaving would mean he'd have a chance. Plus he's not really that good and he's a right back.

dobmisterdobster

If they admit they are not a very formidable side, they will enjoy winning a lot more instead of thinking its a birthright.

Bardsley was barely getting a game under O'Neill either so can't see why Di Canio leaving would mean he'd have a chance. Plus he's not really that good and he's a right back.

He's played well at left back for Scotland. His positioning is much better than Whittaker's in that role. He was never getting a game under di Canio after their fall out so at least he'll have a chance. Does have a bit of a screw loose though.

We_are_the_Hearts

Thought he looked really good for Scotland at Left back.

Charlie Mulgrew is the Scotland left back.

The rest are a bit behind him.

Charlie Mulgrew is a much, much better player than he generally gets credit for on here. Happy with him at LB or CM for us. LB seems to make sense as we're shorter on options there.

I'm not a big fan of Hutton's, but noone else jumps out as being better tbh. Who is the 21s RB? McGhee!?

Charlie Mulgrew is a much, much better player than he generally gets credit for on here. Happy with him at LB or CM for us. LB seems to make sense as we're shorter on options there.

I'm not a big fan of Hutton's, but noone else jumps out as being better tbh. Who is the 21s RB? McGhee!?

I've never seen Mulgrew's ability to play football questioned on here, tbh. I have seen his parenting skills and his general hooped demon behaviour criticised though.

He's played well at left back for Scotland. His positioning is much better than Whittaker's in that role. He was never getting a game under di Canio after their fall out so at least he'll have a chance. Does have a bit of a screw loose though.

TBH, my positioning is better than Whittakers.

So Make Some Noise..

Mulgrew is a genuinely good player. Better than most that have pulled on the national teams colours in recent years.

Classic Scotland hard luck glorious failure stuff. It is ingrained in our psyche

:spoton:

That's why there's so many no voters.

Mulgrew is a genuinely good player. Better than most that have pulled on the national teams colours in recent years.

Been very impressed with him in midfield. Knew he was a good player but thought he was steady enough, physical and had a dangerous left foot. Didn't realise he had the composure he's shown. Always looking for the ball which I like in a midfielder too. Impressed.

I've always thought Bardsley has done well for us at RB and LB. Again, steady player. Whittaker has talent but no position, basically. He's not to be trusted in defence, but not quite sure he's a midfielder. He's OK as a reserve but I'd hope we don't need to rely on him in any way.

Interesting come next year when the euros start to see how our team looks. Would be massive to have D Fletcher back (if he can get back to his previous form) and to have S Fletcher keeping fit and doing well in EPL.

Something like...

McGregor

Martin Hanley Wilson Mulgrew

Snodgrass Brown Fletcher Anya

Morrison

Fletcher

And that's not to mention Naismth, Maloney, Rhodes, McArthur, Forrest, Griffiths, Adam, Mackie from the current crop.

Don't think that's bad at all and in a year's time you'd hope a few u21s may have had some game time and be ready - who knows how STevie May or a some of our, Utd and Aberdeen's kids will kick on for example.

We're looking OK.

Archived