Tonight's Football

Gigolo-Aunt

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...a bit disco

Listening to the Norwich game on BBC sport and as the Celtic game drew to a close we were treated to Alison Walker commentating.

Pish it may have been but still far, far superior to Dung and McClod.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Given we've had 2 (and even 3 with mchattie's) non pens given against us this season it'll be interesting if the media will again support celtic's inevitable camapign against the refs after just one dodgy decision against them.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What was soft about that? His hand was out from his body and if it had for past him as it should have Morton would have had a shot at goal.

Morton for the cup.

For the last three seasons, then team that beat Celtic has gone on to win the cup. (St Mirren, Kilmarnock & Rangers)

The last team to break the sequence was ........ you've guessed it, Hearts. Beat Celtic in the Q/F then lost to St Mirren in the S/F.

NotVincentGuerain

the bbc stats show

- morton had 1 shot on target.

-celtic had 67% possession, 25 shots, 10 on target. 27 corners to 2

this celtic team might not score in the champions league this season.

and they were "unlucky" against AC Milan.

He's a reporter not a commentator. He was commentating only because it went to extra time.

He's paid to broadcast - we suffer endless hours of his inarticulate, incoherent attempts at communication. You'd have thought that in terms of being on the radio he'd fall at the first hurdle in the selection process as a result of not being able to speak English.

"Clean-cut chances" is another of his recent favourites. WTF is a "clean-cut" chance? One that doesn't get reeking every night or jerk off in front of the computer and always manages to look dapper in the morning?

Bin this cretin now.

Fozzyonthefence
:pleased: Just saw the Celtic result on the news. No OF winner of the League Cup again - good stuff, just a pity it's highly unlikely to be us.

He's paid to broadcast - we suffer endless hours of his inarticulate, incoherent attempts at communication. You'd have thought that in terms of being on the radio he'd fall at the first hurdle in the selection process as a result of not being able to speak English.

"Clean-cut chances" is another of his recent favourites. WTF is a "clean-cut" chance? One that doesn't get reeking every night or jerk off in front of the computer and always manages to look dapper in the morning?

Bin this cretin now.

Perhaps some heard him earlier re Manchester United with his ill informed comments and this from a man whose career is in football..........taliking about cut backs and how his 'friend' was having to work within a strict budget as things were tight at Old Trafford...................

Except Moyes had just been asked about a ?90 million bid for Bale and did not deny it and .................

'Just lagging a tiny bit behind Real in the financial stakes, Manchester United are projecting that they will generate more than $680 million this season after breaking their revenue record while winning a 20th English title.

United pointed to the enduring success of their commercial operation in helping to maintain the club as a force on and off the pitch, as they face the challenge of David Moyes replacing Alex Ferguson after more than 26 years as manager.

Owned by the American-based Glazer family, United reported revenue rising by 13 percent to $578 million in the year to June 30. The club expects it to soar to between $669 million and $686 million in 2013-14.

Our commercial business continues to be a very powerful engine of growth enabling the team to continue to be successful

Ed Woodward, Exec vice chairman

United reported a net profit of $27 million from $7 million the year before, while the cash balance rose by a third to $151 million.'

Hardly a team/club with money worries unless you are Chick Young trying to defend his friend with a couple of little porkies.

Bin this cretin now.

All true. I remember getting a row from my dad in about 1997 when we came out of a midweek home defeat and that idiot was dribbling through the radio and I came out with a choice rant about him. He's unbelievably unprofessional, not well-informed, inarticulate and tedious.

NotVincentGuerain

neil lennon was quite peaceful there. maybe he is relieved, and gets to think more about champions league.

said " (with celtic and rangers) out...blah... one of the provincial clubs will, if thats what you call it" or something like that.

the sooner celtic and sevco accept scottish football=us, rather than "us 2 and them lot" the better.

Final at Murrayfield ?................great chance though SFA may still try Ibrox

Ibrox or Parkhead, no Old Firm means they don't need to worry about picking one or the other. No danger it'll be at Murrayfield.

Ibrox or Parkhead, no Old Firm means they don't need to worry about picking one or the other. No danger it'll be at Murrayfield.

Can't play it at Parkhead/Hampden due to Commonwealth games.

NotVincentGuerain

hibs refused murrayfield , when mowbray was in charge, cos of us playing there.

but they played at hampden, even tho celtic played there when parkhead was getting rebuilt.

just saying.

(they are 2 faced)

Knew it couldn't be at Hampden, no idea why Parkhead can't be used.

Knew it couldn't be at Hampden, no idea why Parkhead can't be used.

It can be, Hampden is closed to put the track and field areas in as well as other things, so unless the running track stretches from Hampden to Parkhead it can be played there. Considering Celtic will be playing home games in March we can assume the running track doesn't stretch to there.

Wrong!

Unless Celtic are planning playing their remaining league games elsewhere this season??

Hampden is getting a running track installed, hence it can't be used for either the league cup or Scottish cup.

Parkhead can't be used for their champions league qualifier as it clashes with opening ceremony.

No need to thank me. B)

It can be, Hampden is closed to put the track and field areas in as well as other things, so unless the running track stretches from Hampden to Parkhead it can be played there. Considering Celtic will be playing home games in March we can assume the running track doesn't stretch to there.

As I thought, the only reason it wouldn't be Parkhead would be if Celtic were to get to the final.....

Oh wait :jjyay:

Park head is used for opening ceremony and media/ training facilities, Hampden for athletics and ibrox for rugby sevens, all no go.

Not in March though! The Games aren't until August.

Park head is used for opening ceremony and media/ training facilities, Hampden for athletics and ibrox for rugby sevens, all no go.

Unless they are moving the Commonwealth games to March then Celtic Park will be fine. CELTIC ARE PLAYING HOME GAMES THERE IN MARCH. It is not a no go.

how can nobody ken where the final is? (with a link)

bloody scottish football/spfl , doncaster

To be fair they don't usually know where the semi finals are either until the draw is made. This year due to the Hampden work they were probably waiting to see who would be there or likely to be there before announcing.

In July!!!!!!

FFS, the opening ceremony is on 23rd July, unless the SFA have gone all Sepp Blatter on us then I'm sure that the league cup final in March, yes March, a whole 13 weeks minimum before the opening ceremony will take place at either Ibrox or Parkhead. Where you guessed it, both will still be playing league games.

The Scottish Cup final will again take place at either Ibrox or Parkhead in May, yes May, a whole 6-8 weeks minimum before the actual opening ceremony begins and guess what, up until the week before, both will still be playing league games there.

The only game to be affected by the commonwealth games will be Celtic's qualifier for the champions league which takes place in July, slap bang in the middle of the games, hence the need for them to potentially use Murrayfield.

There is no danger of the SFA holding either cup final at Murrayfield regardless of who gets there, as there will be a stadium free in Glasgow and they won't want to give money to rugby rather than football.

NotVincentGuerain

To be fair they don't usually know where the semi finals are either until the draw is made. This year due to the Hampden work they were probably waiting to see who would be there or likely to be there before announcing.

fair enough.

just in england, they know, or advised in advance.

up here it not unusual to not know stuff like this. (which cant help with the mrketing/advertising thrust either)

fair enough.

just in england, they know, or advised in advance.

up here it not unusual to not know stuff like this. (which cant help with the mrketing/advertising thrust either)

We always know where the final is up here its only due to the Commonwealth games we don't. Considering Celtic are away that weekend and Rangers are at home I imagine it will be announced soon. 6 months in advance is quite a bit of notice.

In England up until recently the venues of the Semi finals of the FA Cup weren't known until the draw was made.

NotVincentGuerain

We always know where the final is up here its only due to the Commonwealth games we don't. Considering Celtic are away that weekend and Rangers are at home I imagine it will be announced soon. 6 months in advance is quite a bit of notice.

In England up until recently the venues of the Semi finals of the FA Cup weren't known until the draw was made.

thanks, you know more than me about these things.

i'm saying wembley to millenium was well known. this should have been clarified likewise. it's not like the commonwealth games just appeared.

if you reckon the spfl are a platinum standard communicators, we will just have to agree to disagree.

(this scrambling by about by fans, to find out a fact that should have been communicated, is a bit amatuer, imo)

thanks, you know more than me, about these things.

i'm saying wembley to millenium was well known. this should have been clarified likewise.

if you reckon the spfl are a platinum standard communicators. we will just have to agree to disagree.

(this scrambling by about by fans, to find out a fact that should have been communicated, is a bit amatuer, imo)

I don't reckon the SPFL are great communicators, in fact I often criticise them but I fail to see what the issue is this time. The final is 6 months away, the choices pre tournament would have been Celtic Park/Ibrox or in the case of an Old Firm final Murrayfield. I imagine Celtic Park was first choice (due to not having a home game that weekend) but they couldn't announce that until Celtic went out.

Since no club teams played at the Millennium stadium it was easy for the FA to announce the finals would be there when Wembley was being done up. I imagine if the Millennium stadium wasn't available to the FA, they would have held off announcing the Final venue until Man United/City/Arsenal etc were out of the tournament.

NotVincentGuerain

I don't reckon the SPFL are great communicators, in fact I often criticise them but I fail to see what the issue is this time. The final is 6 months away, the choices pre tournament would have been Celtic Park/Ibrox or in the case of an Old Firm final Murrayfield. I imagine Celtic Park was first choice (due to not having a home game that weekend) but they couldn't announce that until Celtic went out.

Since no club teams played at the Millennium stadium it was easy for the FA to announce the finals would be there when Wembley was being done up. I imagine if the Millennium stadium wasn't available to the FA, they would have held off announcing the Final venue until Man United/City/Arsenal etc were out of the tournament.

you should volunteer for the spfl.

write that somewhere on their website.

unless i am mistaken, they haven't.

you should volunteer for the spfl.

write that somewhere on their website.

unless i am mistaken, they haven't.

Or I could just use common sense. You are making a mountain out of a molehill with this issue, there are many things to criticise the SPFL for. This isn't one of them. Celtic only went out a matter of hours ago and with 6 months to go till the final they maybe don't think its high priority to make a final venue announcement before the 3rd round is even completed.

alwaysthereinspirit

Please let Sheltic lose, just to hear Lennon complain about the penalty that should never have been.

"never deliberate handball. These decisions always go against us"

My night is complete. GIRFUY Lennon

Got to be said that unless Hearts get there you could probably fit all the fans into Tynecastle or Easter Road.

Have I seen the correct clip for the pen?

It hit his hand and moved the direction of the ball - it's a penalty. No different from Hamill's (or the one we should have got last week against them that Lennon seems to have forgotten about) so seriously, what's the issue?

Archived