Best CM

DC_92

Who Is Our Best CM  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who Is Our Best CM

Who is our best central midfielder? I'm interested to hear what people think.

Stewart, Bruno, Ruben or Jonsson?

Nucky Thompson

I think Ruben will turn into a great player for Hearts.

id say when on form it has to be Kingston.

Yeah, I'd agree, i originally had it s best DM, but then I wondered if you could class Stewart as a DM;)

Incidentally, I went for Jonsson as he is reasonably good in the tackle and is decent on the ball and there is still roo for improvement. I would say Bruno comes second for me, edges out Palazuelos because he has goals in his game. Stewart has been pish since September.

I voted for Ruben.

But just looking at the four players it just makes you wonder why the hell are we thinking about Mark Kerr!

He will add nothing different. We need a player who is going to get forward. Get his foot on the ball in the final third and create something.

We have lacked this for the last two seasons. Someone who has got a great shot on him and isn't afraid to have a pop. Someone who will get in poitions that the opposition can't pick up. Someone who will get us 10-15 goals a season or at least 10-15 assitis.

Someone who is going to take the game by the scruff off the neck when we are up against it.

Someone who will win us a game.

It amazes me that those that are supposedly running the team cannot see this.

Ibrahim Tall

Eggert > Bruno > Ruben > Stewart.

Would rather we gave Eddie Mearns a shot though to be honest.

Pete Seeger

I went for Eggy because I think he'll turn into a top player for us although I'd say Bruno is probaly slightly better as it stands. To be honest I'd say they are 4 average centre mids just now.

bighusref
Jonsson has the most potential IMO.

Agreed.

I voted Jonsson due to the potential, I would then vote (from the choices) Palazuelos, Stewart then Aguiar.

Although, if it were down to me, Aguiar would be further back than every young midfielder in the club though.

Kingston.

I don't quite get this poll. I think one of the most vital purchases of our summer is right midfield so we can move Kingston back into his best position.

JamboGraham
I went for Eggy because I think he'll turn into a top player for us although I'd say Bruno is probaly slightly better as it stands. To be honest I'd say they are 4 average centre mids just now.

A wee bit unfair on Bruno seeing as he hasn't played in about a year...I think Bruno (fit) is well above average.

For me Ruben has poor first touch and can look a little clumsy at times. However, his work rate is good and he does seem to get on the ball a lot...I think there is a lot more to come from him...

It's funny, but for all on paper we appear to have a very strong midfield (which I think we have) it kind of underperforms.

Individually each player has on balance more pro's than cons imho.

What we miss is a player that can really get stuck in. I think we are quite lightweight.

Kingston.

I don't quite get this poll. I think one of the most vital purchases of our summer is right midfield so we can move Kingston back into his best position.

And I agree with that. I wanted to know who people think should play alongside him.

MacDonald Jardine
It's funny, but for all on paper we appear to have a very strong midfield (which I think we have) it kind of underperforms.

What we miss is a player that can really get stuck in. I think we are quite lightweight.

As said above we have a number of the same type of players.

We don't have a real ball winner or an attacking midfielder with pace.

JamboGraham

I feel this about most of our squad...on paper we have the third strongest squad in the SPL. I am not in any doubt about that.

The missing link for me is strong management, organisation and motivation...!

I feel this about most of our squad...on paper we have the third strongest squad in the SPL. I am not in any doubt about that.

The missing link for me is strong management, organisation and motivation...!

I'd say that's a pretty fair point.:sad:

As said above we have a number of the same type of players.

We don't have a real ball winner or an attacking midfielder with pace.

We have a bunch of saps no good in the SPL in Aguiar, Ksnavicius, Miko, Chesney, Palazuelos, McCann, Ivaskevicius.

A guy with real talent who doesn't give a hoot in Kingston.

Players with no talent who don't give a hoot in Ivaskevicius, Ksnavicius and McCann.

A player who thinks he is way better than he actually is in Stewart.

And 2 good young players who now need proper coaching in Driver and Jonsson.

It is a toss up between midfield and attack as to where our weakest area of the team is.

It is a toss up between midfield and attack as to where our weakest area of the team is.

Full backs...

Full backs...

Disagree.

Our first choice full backs (well what should have been our first choice) in Neilson and Wallace are as good as any other team in the leagues.

We are not close to that level in any other positional group in the league.

We have no full back back up but that is another matter.

Bunny Munro
We have a bunch of saps no good in the SPL in Aguiar, Ksnavicius, Miko, Chesney, Palazuelos, McCann, Ivaskevicius.

A guy with real talent who doesn't give a hoot in Kingston.

Players with no talent who don't give a hoot in Ivaskevicius, Ksnavicius and McCann.

A player who thinks he is way better than he actually is in Stewart.

And 2 good young players who now need proper coaching in Driver and Jonsson.

spot on except bit in bold.

spot on except bit in bold.

Didn't like him anyway, but it really got my goat that he decided that he would not suffer a 'bit of inconvenience' and play through to the end of the season before having the latest operation. The guy has taken a million pounds out of Hearts this time around and has contributed 20 rubbish games. And then when we are stretched with Kingston out etc and struggling to get into the top 6 he can't face a 'bit of inconvenience'. As I said couldn't give a hoot.

Charlie-Brown

Eggert Jonsson, Ryan McGowan can play in virtually any position in the team & Gary Glen is an excellent attacking midfielder.

Danny Thomson, Shaun McCallion, Steven Husband & Jonathon Woods are a quartet of excellent young midfield prospect - Husband is furthest ahead & could be involved in part of the remaining 3 1st team games (2 SPL + friendly)

This season, Ruben has been the most consistant performer in that position.

Eggert has a great deal of potential and just has to smooth off a few rough edges his game has at the moment.

Mikey S is a headless chicken who thinks he is better than he actually is.

Bruno has been out for ages but I really liked him when he was playing. He fitted in seamlessly into the 05/06 team, so he must be good.

But then again, Robbie fitted into that team too.

Eggert Jonsson, Ryan McGowan can play in virtually any position in the team & Gary Glen is an excellent attacking midfielder.

Danny Thomson, Shaun McCallion, Steven Husband & Jonathon Woods are a quartet of excellent young midfield prospect - Husband is furthest ahead & could be involved in part of the remaining 3 1st team games (2 SPL + friendly)

I would agree to a certain extent with you about the four young guys you mention, husband is i think about a year older than the other 3 but i think it would be too early to throw thomson and wood in although they have had reserve football which may be part of their development plan by coaching staff.

been out for ages but I voted Bruno.

Eggy has potential and Ruben is very ordinary. (Bruno is nothing special but I think hes more likely to create something when at the top of their games)

Archived