What age were you when you realised you're getting old?

punkrockcroc

I recently heard The Ramones on an advert then i

heard The Clash on bargain hunt that's when i realised i was getting old, when did it hit you that were getting old?

Aged 25 - going into Why Not & the bouncer asking me if I was sure I wanted to go in -it was filled with 18/19 year olds, apparently...

Aged 25 - going into Why Not & the bouncer asking me if I was sure I wanted to go in -it was filled with 18/19 year olds, apparently...

What a daft question?!

When my daughter turned 10. I had a kid in double figures. Only lasted a couple of hours though.

That doesn't sound good, she is OK and is now 20. The feeling of being old only lasted a couple of hours. I was 38

When my 14 year old destroyed me 9-1 on Fifa. Reactions slowing down. :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Ricardo Quaresma

Well, there's your biological age, psychological age, spiritual age etc....

But if you think you're getting old before you're 30, you have a lot of learning to do

Earth years hasn't as much relevance as common perception would seem to dictate

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Driving with my 12 year old nephew and 14 year old niece last week. Radio 2 played Waterboys and Cranberries.

1991 and 1993.

Feels like yesterday for me.

20+ years and last century for the young un's....

Just turned 29 and the dreaded 30 is less than a year away. Seeing all the Freshers around Edinburgh makes me feel ancient; can't believe that was me ~10 years ago. :sob:

When I realised I can't deal with hangovers any more after a night out.

Absolutely this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Ricardo Quaresma

Just turned 29 and the dreaded 30 is less than a year away. Seeing all the Freshers around Edinburgh makes me feel ancient; can't believe that was me ~10 years ago. :sob:

Just remember that the average (or even above average) freshers are really quite dense

i dropped my son off today to return to Glasgow Uni. We drove past the main University Buildings and the union, which were thronged with freshers. He is starting 3rd year and said to me "I wish I was a fresher again". I told him it is now 35 years since since I was in that situation and I wish I could do it all over again. And it seems like yesterday. To those of you who are saying you realised you are getting old at 20 or 30 something - don't be ridiculous. But remember to try and always have fun and be nice to people. Be a human doing, not a human being. Because in no time, you will wake up to find you have fewer years in front of you than you have behind. You only really become old when you can no longer do things you want to do (as opposed to what you used to do!)

Just remember that the average (or even above average) freshers are really quite dense

Even if that were true (which it isn't), at least they get a ridiculous amount of holidays, can go out pretty much whenever they want and there are plenty of tidy burds who also happen to be Freshers. I'd happily take that lifestyle back in a heartbeat, even if it meant having no money again.

Ricardo Quaresma

Even if that were true (which it isn't), at least they get a ridiculous amount of holidays, can go out pretty much whenever they want and there are plenty of tidy burds who also happen to be Freshers. I'd happily take that lifestyle back in a heartbeat, even if it meant having no money again.

Well, go back & do your Masters' then

I get the creeping fear every now and again.

Nothing too major, but sometimes it's the wee things that can throw you for a loop.

Most of the Freshers starting university this month would have been in Primary 2 when The Strokes 'Is This It' came out.

Some of them wouldn't have been born when 'Se7en' was at the cinema.

I don't feel old just now, but definitely feel older if that makes sense.

What I do find weird though is seeing/hearing about footballers today who are the sons of players from when I first started going to matches!

The Old Tolbooth

I've always felt older than I am because I've been going bald since I was 15, and never once was challenged about my age when trying to get into a pub!

Nowadays, I have a real problem in that my brain still thinks I'm a teenager, but my body very clearly disagrees, and sometimes when my brain wins that evil little battle between heart and mind, it can be quite painful! :D

I'm 42 now

:sob:

When I realised there were no Hearts players older than me, which was a few years back (I'm 36). When we were p!ssing money away, I always hoped we'd sign a crafty veteran just so I'd feel better. Now, I'm old enough to be most of the players father so it doesn't really matter....

I've always felt older than I am because I've been going bald since I was 15, and never once was challenged about my age when trying to get into a pub!

Nowadays, I have a real problem in that my brain still thinks I'm a teenager, but my body very clearly disagrees, and sometimes when my brain wins that evil little battle between heart and mind, it can be quite painful! :D

I'm 42 now

:sob:

Must be a gala thing. I started receding about 15. Only pub I couldn't get served in was the cuddy green, but that was down to a mates mother working there t the weekend. I'm 40 now. Only this year I actually felt old though.

Only 31 but retired form playing of any level football years ago, grey hair appearing more on a daily basis, thinking of buying nose hair trimmer, realising that I've spend nearly half my time on the planet working full time, girls in pubs/clubs may not have even have been born when I supped my first pint, spent hours deliberating over my works pension options!

Do I feel old? Not in the slightest! Still go out most weekends, occasionally still DJ in clubs and still getting 20 yr old girls chatting me up when I do!

Only as old as you want to be!

When I got an invite to a school reunion a few weeks and decided not to go as it's a bunch of people most of whom I haven't seen for almost 30 years.

Then I thought about that statement; almost 30 years. It means I left school longer ago than a lot of the people I work with have been alive.

When I got an invite to a school reunion a few weeks and decided not to go as it's a bunch of people most of whom I haven't seen for almost 30 years.

Then I thought about that statement; almost 30 years. It means I left school longer ago than a lot of the people I work with have been alive.

Two of the managers who work for me were born in the year after I finished school.

You're only middle-aged once.

Had a bit of a crisis when I turned 30 but since then I've been happy with me age. On my 50th a few weeks ago we were on holiday and the girls got me a beautiful birthday cake which I was given in a restaurant, After the meal I took the cake up to the apartment and we went on the lash. After a couple of beers all I wanted to do was go back to the apartment and have a cuppa and eat me cake, My only child is nearly 23 and leaving home for a year next year. My wife and me have decent jobs and a bit of dough. Never been happier.

A couple of weeks ago I played football at World of Soccer with the lads from work.

I run 10ks and half marathons but I am WAY too old for that now :online2long:

I get the creeping fear every now and again.

Nothing too major, but sometimes it's the wee things that can throw you for a loop.

Most of the Freshers starting university this month would have been in Primary 2 when The Strokes 'Is This It' came out.

Some of them wouldn't have been born when 'Se7en' was at the cinema.

This could be my feeling old moment. That's scary,

Was that on Sunday night? It was a Freshers week night - probably just wanted to prepare you for the fact it wouldn't be the usual crowd in.

scottish_chicP

I don't feel old (apart from when the hangovers hit!) and I'm 27. Dad will be 50 on Sunday so keep getting wee digs in :teehee:

I'm 52. In May I went to a party at a mates house. He's 32. I woke up in bed with a woman who was 25. I said "so you like older men?" and she said " no, I was just really drunk."

I'm 27. I think more about the transition from one stage of life to another. In terms of being old, there's still a few stages for me to go through yet.

While I no longer have the desire to hit the town every Weekend (or during the week as the case used to be), I'm still a long way off from settling down and moving into that phase of life.

I think everyone should go at their on pace too. Never let what those around you do dictate how you choose to live your life.

I could take my pick.

Grey hair at 15.

Horrific hangovers kicked in at 24.

Walking into the local nightclub and walking straight back out because it was full of bairns at 27.

Ankles in bits after 5's at 28.

I'm 52. In May I went to a party at a mates house. He's 32. I woke up in bed with a woman who was 25. I said "so you like older men?" and she said " no, I was just really drunk."

:yas:

lad

Archived