Englands extra place in the UEFA Cup - what would you do?

Say What Again

Say What Again

I see on the BBC site that England have been awarded another place in the UEFA Cup as they topped the fair play rankings.

Man City would benefit as they currently sit 5th in the Premier League's fair play rankings - behind Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd & Spurs who have all already qualified for Europe next year.

Man City have a meaningless game away to Middlesborough on Sunday.

Will the players be instructed not to put in any hard challenges? A booking-free defeat sees them in to the UEFA Cup next season.

I might have a wee punt on Boro. :cool:

JamboGraham

Hmm...

Interesting situation this...surely given this simple route to an extra UEFA cup place it would be worth the SFA reviewing the policies that it applies to refs..(even if done "off the record")...

i.e. no bookings for players leaving the park to celebrate...but hammer the clubs in private? No extra cards for off the field incidents (fines for the club instead)?

What else....???

Hmm...

Interesting situation this...surely given this simple route to an extra UEFA cup place it would be worth the SFA reviewing the policies that it applies to refs..(even if done "off the record")...

i.e. no bookings for players leaving the park to celebrate...but hammer the clubs in private? No extra cards for off the field incidents (fines for the club instead)?

What else....???

It's a fair point. Does that just mean that England has the most lenient referees?

Say What Again

I think it's awarded for fair play in European competition.

eg: disciplinary points / games played

alwaysthereinspirit
Hmm...

What else....???

Dont we already do something along these lines with OF players.

Anyone know the number of Scottish players outwith the OF who have been booked for leaving the field after scoring, booked for diving or touching an other player with your hand. Bet it makes good reading.

Rules for some.........Not in Scotland.

Say What Again
I might have a wee punt on Boro. :cool:

One of the better ideas I've had :rolleyes:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Well done.

Did you have correct score?:P

Seriously, good stuff mate.

$ilvery_Moon
Wonder what you'd have got for predicting the score too?

Archived