Expectations over the summer?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Whats yours?

Was going to post mine's, but think people already know mine's.

This is not, I repeat not, another ST renewal thread, so please stay off it if thats your intention.

Tell me your expectations over the summer. Hell, you can even chuck in your hopes and dreams if you want.

Be realistic, but honest. Thanks

Commander Harris

a manager, 1 or 2 decent, but not mind-blowing, signings and quite a few exits.

minor improvements but no giant leaps.

Ryan Gosling

No manager.

One surprising signing.

No significant sales.

6000 season tickets sold.

chester copperpot
No manager.

One surprising signing.

No significant sales.

Hobo...........:107years:

Thought I'd be the first in there. ;)

Commander Harris
No manager.

One surprising signing.

No significant sales.

have we not sold 7000+ already? :confused:

LarrysRightFoot

I may be losing my mind but I think there is still a chance McGhee or Davies will come to the club (im not saying they will but i hope one of them does).

IF one of them does, I think we would see a bit of a clearout (I actually think we will see that whatever happens). Then we might sign a few good signings and can look forward to the new season.

What is more likely to happen though is for us not to have a manager and Vlad sell a few players - Goncalves, Basso etc then sign a few more most of whom will be crap but one will be good ala Fysass, Skacel, Kingston.

chester copperpot
I may be losing my mind but I think there is still a chance McGhee or Davies will come to the club (im not saying they will but i hope one of them does).

IF one of them does, I think we would see a bit of a clearout (I actually think we will see that whatever happens). Then we might sign a few good signings and can look forward to the new season.

What is more likely to happen though is for us not to have a manager and Vlad sell a few players - Goncalves, Basso etc then sign a few more most of whom will be crap but one will be good ala Fysass, Skacel, Kingston.

This aint football rumours mate, this is what your expectations are for the summer, whether they be good or bad.

Ryan Gosling
have we not sold 7000+ already? :confused:

Aye, so we have.

And Tynie holds 33,000.

;):confused:

Commander Harris

you're not suggesting the club would mislead us are you?!!! :eek:

;)

Ryan Gosling
you're not suggesting the club would mislead us are you?!!! :eek:

;)

Of course not! And don't you PM me now.

The Merse

We'll sign a couple of mediore SPL players.

Frail will stay in charge and we'll finish between 5th and 8th next season.

chester copperpot
Of course not! And don't you PM me now.

Can you and your boyfriend use other alternatives to have conversations. We're having a decent debate here about Expectations. ;)

chester copperpot
We'll sign a couple of mediore SPL players.

Frail will stay in charge and we'll finish between 5th and 8th next season.

Mediocre SPL players.

I'd say last season, EFF OFF, but this season, yes please.

Ian Black - Inverness. Mark Kerr - Dundee UTD. Boy from Killie, all 3 I'd say yes please.

The Merse
Mediocre SPL players.

I'd say last season, EFF OFF, but this season, yes please.

Ian Black - Inverness. Mark Kerr - Dundee UTD. Boy from Killie, all 3 I'd say yes please.

I'd take a team full of SPL players.

Think we'll sign 2 very averages ones and that'll be it though

Geoff Kilpatrick

I never have any expectations of HMFC these days. That way, I'm not disappointed when the expectations aren't fulfilled.

My dreams and hopes are sadly in contradiction with my expectations.

I dream and hope for a new strong competent manager, I also have fantasies of a couple of top class players resulting in the memorable season which had us challenging the OF and winning a Cup.

My expectations I am sad to say are that we will have Shaggy Frail as manager, that we will sign a couple of mediocre players and we will struggle but be succesful in staying in the lower half of the top six.

My greatest wish is that I am totally wrong in my expectations.

I suspect season ticket sales will be close to but a bit lower than the season ending.

Charlie-Brown

Gradual evolution of the team with more players leaving than arriving.

Someone appointed as head coach or manager (could be AN Other or Frail)

An improvement!

Charlie-Brown
Thats all we all want mate.

I am also expecting it! :present:

(Minimum Top 6 finish if we're giving the kids a chance - Going for Europe if we can produce our best consistently)

Legend Claws

I expect some Scottish signings and a new manager and a clear out of the dross. Think it will be the season that will stabilise things in the run up to the new stand.

boabyarsebiscuit
Whats yours?

This is not, I repeat not, another ST renewal thread, so please stay off it if thats your intention.

Tell me your expectations over the summer. Hell, you can even chuck in your hopes and dreams if you want.

Other teams run normally will strengthen by signing decent SPL type players. Hibs have shown that signing decent quality SPL players can work (Nish, Rankine, Van [filter edit]), and if he is free from injury I think St Mirren have picked up a decent player in Tom Brighton. Aberdeen will pick up the likes of Michael Stewart, Yogi Hughes will pick up his usual complement of decent signings and we will sign nobody (cost cutting, dahling, it's so "NOW"!), or just the usual rubbish from Kaunas. We'll screw up another pre-season as we lack direction and a decent manager.

Sorry. Under Mad Vlad McMad, the only way is down. I despair at the damage this psychiotic Russian piece of crap is doing to our club. Makes me want to spew. Really. It does.

Other teams run normally will strengthen by signing decent SPL type players. Hibs have shown that signing decent quality SPL players can work (Nish, Rankine, Van [filter edit]), and if he is free from injury I think St Mirren have picked up a decent player in Tom Brighton. Aberdeen will pick up the likes of Michael Stewart, Yogi Hughes will pick up his usual complement of decent signings and we will sign nobody (cost cutting, dahling, it's so "NOW"!), or just the usual rubbish from Kaunas. We'll screw up another pre-season as we lack direction and a decent manager.

Sorry. Under Mad Vlad McMad, the only way is down. I despair at the damage this psychiotic Russian piece of crap is doing to our club. Makes me want to spew. Really. It does.

unfortunately I believe that your post is closest, IMHO, to what will happen.

Oh happy fffffffff@@@@@@@@rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg days

bighusref

Expectations

Hearts will confirm that Frail will continue to run the football side of Hearts FC mere days before the start of pre season. A coach will be brought in to "help" Frail, the inference will be the coach will work under Frail, some time later it will become clear that the coach has far more involvement than that. I suspect it will be a coach from the pyramid or possibly EM again.

We will still sign players from Eastern European clubs, probably around three or four. I also suspect that one or two of Frail's targets will be signed by VR.

Hopes

Real manager appointed within seven days after the end of the season, given complete control over all footballing affairs. Conceding that VR will still want to identify players, I would let him identify players to bring in as long as they are not to be guaranteed selection. The manager would be the main man hen it comes to selecting new signings though.

I would clear out half a dozen of the high earning players that are doing little to earn it, plus the obvious players that are not good enough. Bring in about seven or eight new players to augment the youngsters that are ready for the first team. I would look at Mark Brown from C*lt!c, Darren Barr and Scot Arfield from Falkirk, Mark Reynolds from Motherwell, Lee Miller from Aberdeen and Willo Flood from Dundee United. I would also try to tempt Hamilton to sell their good young players; Brian Easton, and the two James' McArthur and McCarthy.

We_are_the_Hearts

I would expect Vlad to employ an experienced manager who will get full autonomy over signings, team selection and tactics. He will be given the ?10million player budget that Vlad said we would operate at.

This is what he has said, it's just a sad reflection on our football club that over two thirds don't believe a word that comes out his mouth. If you don't believe me then see peanuts poll.

We will get a proper manager and then someunlucky club will apooint Frail as their new manager.

The likes of Jose, Larry, Tall, Beslija will all leave along with a few others.

We will bring in a couple of SPL players.

A couple of players who ply their trade in England.

A couple of players from outside the UK.

We will win our first 37 games then lose the 38th and the new manager will get sacked resulting in Frail being re-appointed after relegating his new club.

Seriuosly though except from the couple of lines above I reckon the rest will happen. We will end up third 20 points of the old firm but 7/8 away from 4th.

Although Frail being appointed is just as likely.

The appointment of a MANAGER, the clearing out of at LEAST 10 players & THE SIGNING of at least 4 decent SPL standard players.......but as others have already stated , we`ll probably end up with Frail appointed and any players signed will be via Kaunas or elsewhere from the pyramid, but I can at least DREAM of better times ahead.

Cut The Crap

My hopes are that I'll be able to get the barbecue out more often than was the case last year, and that I'll play more rounds of golf, but take fewer shots in doing so. :P

My expectation is that my hopes will be dashed.

Darth Sidious

I know one thing. I will not be looking for an internet cafe like the last two years to come on here and see if there is any news.

Waiting to fly out to Spain 2 years ago I was told some mad old Russian was the new manager. I laughed it off. Came back and Malofeev had destroyed pre season!

No expectations this Summer. Been let down last two years!

The appointment of a MANAGER, the door shown to at LEAST 10 players & the signing of at least 4 SPL standard players [ABILITY WISE]......but I can always dream that things will take a turn for the better for 2008-2009 season . [see post 26]

The Old Tolbooth
Expectations

Hearts will confirm that Frail will continue to run the football side of Hearts FC mere days before the start of pre season. A coach will be brought in to "help" Frail, the inference will be the coach will work under Frail, some time later it will become clear that the coach has far more involvement than that. I suspect it will be a coach from the pyramid or possibly EM again.

We will still sign players from Eastern European clubs, probably around three or four. I also suspect that one or two of Frail's targets will be signed by VR.

Hopes

Real manager appointed within seven days after the end of the season, given complete control over all footballing affairs. Conceding that VR will still want to identify players, I would let him identify players to bring in as long as they are not to be guaranteed selection. The manager would be the main man hen it comes to selecting new signings though.

I would clear out half a dozen of the high earning players that are doing little to earn it, plus the obvious players that are not good enough. Bring in about seven or eight new players to augment the youngsters that are ready for the first team. I would look at Mark Brown from C*lt!c, Darren Barr and Scot Arfield from Falkirk, Mark Reynolds from Motherwell, Lee Miller from Aberdeen and Willo Flood from Dundee United. I would also try to tempt Hamilton to sell their good young players; Brian Easton, and the two James' McArthur and McCarthy.

Sadly, I'm in your camp.

My hopes are for Vlad to actually stick to a promise for once in his life, but my expectations are that we will soldier on like a rudderless ship in stormy waters, and there won't be a Gretna in the league to bail us out so easily next season.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Bottom six finish for next season IMO.

Frail is doing an average job and over a season I doubt he will have what it takes, especially with the diddies we will end up with over this summer.

I predict one maybe two monumental disasters next season.

Maybe Malofeev back, maybe Ogilvie sacked, maybe an increase in Kaunas losers.

speedbump
New manager and some signings.

Hopefully but still no season ticket for me just now.

Hopefully but still no season ticket for me just now.

That reminds me. Must renew over the weekend.;)

speedbump
That reminds me. Must renew over the weekend.;)

I'm gonna wait and see who we bring in.

Guest JamboRobbo

I've seen nothing to indicate a change in direction from the club, so I expect the same ****e we've had for the past few years.

No manager, no coherent plan or direction, random signings for random positions, one or two stars (most likely NOT in the positions where we need them), and a lot of duds from Kaunas.

We need a match winner. Someone who's going to lead the team where it counts - goals/creating chances.

lambojambo
We need a match winner. Someone who's going to lead the team where it counts - goals/creating chances.

I hear that Roy has just been released from Melchester! ;)

Jim Jefferies to take over with Frail as assistant Brown stays on to take top job at Rugby Park. Christian Nade to be put on an intensive Fitness regime, Pinilla to finally find true love with a lovely girl from Bruntsfield and settle down happy and contended in Edinburgh allowing him to get his mind back on playing for Hearts. Michael Stewart to embrace Buddhism resulting in his disciplinary record improving. Dermot Desmond to be found by the news of the world being spanked by hookers wearing balaclavas. Robbie Neilson announces intention to enter politics. Rod Petrie shaves off that moustache and bizarrely looks even more dodgy without it. Celtic postpone their opening fixture as a tribute to Bambi's mother. Hamilton have a look at the state of the SPL and decide they don't fancy joining after all. Barry Ferguson announces he's finished his first Book, it's "The Hungry Caterpilar". Vladimir Romanov announces that he's going to play no part in managing the footballing side of the business, Celebrations are cut short when he appoints himself head of PR. Wayne Foster finally gets a "Hearts Legends" poster at Tynie, Neil McFarlane is told he'll have to wait. Gary MacKay takes over Santini the upmarket Bar/Restaurant next to the conference centre and does it up as a faithfull recreation of his rather more downmarket pub "Mackay's centre spot" that used to stand there, Thanks to the Credit crunch it's a great success. Derek Riordan arrested at a party at Amy Winehouses flat. Christophe Berra grows a beard, people stop questioning whether he should be captain. Larry Kingston Dyes his dreadlocks Maroon, it doesn't suit him, we don't care. Rocky Balboa finally gives up on Hibs and buys a season ticket for Hearts.

Denny Crane
I hear that Roy has just been released from Melchester! ;)

No surprise given he had his foot amputated after that helicopter crash.

hearts_crazy

Expect - the unexpected

Want - New Manager. If that is the only change this Summer that will do for me as long as he has the ability to get the most out of our players, possesses some tactical nous, has a winning mentality and doesn't rate Calum Elliot it has to be an improvement.

It's not that I don't like Shaggy BTW, it's just that we need a proper Manager not a fluffy teddy bear.

Frail will be appointed manager. Hearts will cite that continuity was the overriding factor. We will also hear the usual pish about Vlad no longer intefering etc etc, but the speculation will continue with the same mind baffling team selections and subs etc etc.

We will sign a couple, maybe 3 at the very most new players - There wont be much sense in the signings, they will be quite underwhelming signings at that. Youth is the name of the game and that will be the reason for not adding to the squad further.

Ibby Tall will leave, probably Goncalves too. Nade will be told to get a grip or leave, Kingston will attract a couple of decent offers, we will prob sell.

With regards to the new stand, we wont hear much at all, certainly not before the new season starts. Season tickets sales will reach little more than 11K. Final ST figure (including newbies, returning fans) will prob reach 11,500, maybe 12K but I doubt it.

New strip wont be much different from this seasons effort, sponsor? I havent a clue.

The above is what I think but certainly not what I hope, we all hope for a lot of things but sadly under this current regime our hopes are not going to be realised.

The cruckie cookie

Vlad will see the error of his ways and,

1. Appoint Jose Mourinho

2. Give him a ?15 transfer fund for the first part of the season.

3. We will start the season with 10 wins unbeaten.

Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, Jeez is that the time. I've slept in.

Reality check

Frail as Manager

Limited funds for him/Vlad to spend

Lucky to scape into the top 6.

hearts_crazy

1. Appoint Jose Mourinho

Reality check

Frail as Manager

We could buy Gretna's remaining players for that plus Calum Elliot

Midloth_Iain

1. Appoint Jose Mourinho

Reality check

Frail as Manager

You never mentioned we were buying 4 Hibs players !:cool:

I want to see a manager, an honest, hardworking, talented but not over paid, squad of players fighting for 3rd place, giving us something we can work on and be optimistic about for the following couple of seasons. Get the foundations right and build from there.(And I aint talking about the stand) :)

Sadly, I think we will drag our feet once again this summer, end up with S.F., still have overpaid underachievers and miss out on the best "bargains" through our own hesitant attitude. Any players we do get will meet their teammates a few days before the season starts and we will struggle through our first few games due to lack of proper preseason preparation.

After 6 games, I am guessing 2 wins, 2 defeats, 2 draws and mid table beckons once again.

I get my season ticket tomorrow ;)

Whats yours?

Don't have any, that way I will not feel let down (yet again).

Mine is not to expect anything and then anything that does happen will be a bonus.

This excludes of course the obligatory influx of second rate Lithuanian's just before the transfer deadline but after the season ticket sales have reached a new record ( not sure if it will be high or low).

Whats yours?

Dirk Diggler

Hopes:

A 'manager' appointed.

13k season tickets sold.

Lots of players to leave.

A couple to sign.

Council to approve planning application.

Easter Road to be bombed.

Expectations:

All of the above (Ok maybe not the last one) :)

Only a Game

I EXPECT them to bring in a manager who THEY will say fits the criteria but actually doesnt.

I EXPECT this appointment to be made way too late into the pre-season.

I EXPECT JKB to argue for several weeks over whether or not the new manager fits the criteria.

I EXPECT them to offload some of the higher profile players in the current first team squad, either for decent money or simply to get them off the wage bill.

I EXPECT Hearts to go with a significant number of academy players next season.

Archived