Tough Mudder

Jamboelite

Anyone stupid enough like me to be doing this on Sat before the football.

12miles and 25 major obstacles what was I thinking

:sob:

Kalamazoo Jambo

My wife's cousin recently did a Tough Mudder in Michigan. He was one of several hundred participants who contracted norovirus at the event. Just sayin' :D

tommythejambo

Not doing it personally, had to have an operation that put paid to any chance of that.

Few mates done it last year.

Heard that if you're capable of running a few miles comfortably you'll skoosh it, due to the queues for a few of the obstacles being massive.

My wife's cousin recently did a Tough Mudder in Michigan. He was one of several hundred participants who contracted norovirus at the event. Just sayin' :D

Haha great lose weight at the end brilliant !!!

Not doing it personally, had to have an operation that put paid to any chance of that.

Few mates done it last year.

Heard that if you're capable of running a few miles comfortably you'll skoosh it, due to the queues for a few of the obstacles being massive.

Yeah i have done a couple half marathons not done a huge amount for this in terms of training mind but i figure it should be ok.

Bit homo-erotic, imo.

Your rightI I would much prefer being in the gym squat thrusting weights with another man

I was going to go along and cheer on some folk I know who are doing it but it's ?10pp to watch and ?10 for parking!

I was hoping that would at least be going to charity but I don't think it is so I'm out.

It is dear for that I was thinking though that some of it goes Help for Heroes as far as im aware.

Anyone stupid enough like me to be doing this on Sat before the football.

12miles and 25 major obstacles what was I thinking

:sob:

Sure am!

What time are you starting? I'm off at 830, plenty of time to get to the pub for a pre game pint!!

Dreading the Artctic enema right at the start!!

Wanted to go at 8:30 Tokyo but we have been pushed to the 9:30 slot.

Have you seen the course layout its after 1mile in for Arctic Enema which means brain freeze and soaking before you've had a chance to do anything

Just looking at it at the moment! The guys I'm doing it with did it last year and they said the AE just knocks the life out of you, it takes a while for your leg muscles to kick start and get going again!

It'll be fun, it'll be a well deserved pint at the end!

Creepy Lurker

Your rightI I would much prefer being in the gym squat thrusting weights with another man

'C'mon, guys; let's get down and dirty in the mud together. There's even a bit with electric shocks because we are SO, SO MACHO. Kiss me x'

I'm doing it. Bloody 1300 start time for me though. My upper body strength is poor so I'm a bit worried about it all. Run long distances regularly though. Completed the west Lothian half marathon in 1.45 last weekend so the endurance part shouldn't be a problem hopefully. Good luck!

'C'mon, guys; let's get down and dirty in the mud together. There's even a bit with electric shocks because we are SO, SO MACHO. Kiss me x'

C'mon dont be afraid of a little shock and man hug CL

Guest GhostHunter

C'mon dont be afraid of a little shock and man hug CL

Methinks Creepy doth protest a little too much.

:ninja:

For arseholes with something to prove.

haha what a pile of crap im doing it cause its something different to do than the usual half marathons and it will be a laugh with mates.

I'm actually doing it to raise money for Cancer Research.

I'm raising money for the Children's Heart Federation after a friend lost his baby through a heart defect. She was 3 months old.

I'm actually doing it to raise money for Cancer Research.

Got a page link and I'll donate..........even though im an arsehole with something to prove

Creepy Lurker

For arseholes with something to prove.

For arseholes wanting filled, imo.

BoJack Horseman

Fat lad sitting in his house eating cheesy poofs type post.

So tough. Look at all these tough guys.

1333337425-tough-mudder-event-in-texas_1138093.jpg

So tough. Look at all these tough guys.

1333337425-tough-mudder-event-in-texas_1138093.jpg

Havent you just confessed your man love to Mullen13?

I was going to go along and cheer on some folk I know who are doing it but it's ?10pp to watch and ?10 for parking!

I was hoping that would at least be going to charity but I don't think it is so I'm out.

I take it there wasn't a beer tent then. :D

BoJack Horseman

Spend a fair sum of money to be tortured? No thanks.

But you get to prove how tough you are! Priceless, surely?

BoJack Horseman

If you were tough, yes.

You have to be tough to compete. They don't just let anyone in.

But you get to prove how tough you are! Priceless, surely?

Im sure for the charities Dex and Lummy are doing it for it they'll appreciate it regardless.

For me its about how tough i am though.....oh and putting money into Help the Heroes pah but better to mock from a far.

BoJack Horseman

Im sure for the charities Dex and Lummy are doing it for it they'll appreciate it regardless.

For me its about how tough i am though.....oh and putting money into Help the Heroes pah but better to mock from a far.

No one is mocking charitable deeds. I'm just in awe at how tough you are.

Creepy Lurker

Being tough for charity is commendable, tbf. Wish I was tough so I could do the same. :(

No one is mocking charitable deeds. I'm just in awe at how tough you are.

No your being a c**^ no one said this is an iron man that only 2% of the population could do but i suggest running almost a half marathon distance with obstacles isnt easy for anyway.

You bash away though mate your having fun on this and thats all that counts personally i'll have a laugh with mates doing some exercise on Sat and i'll contribute some money to charity.

Creepy Lurker

No your being a c**^ no one said this is an iron man that only 2% of the population could do but i suggest running almost a half marathon distance with obstacles isnt easy for anyway.

You bash away though mate your having fun on thos and thats all that counts personally i'll have a laugh with mates doing some exercise on Sat and i'll contribute some money to charity.

How much of that last paragraph should be seen as a euphemism?

Being tough for charity is commendable, tbf. Wish I was tough so I could do the same. :(

Haha dont you start ya WUM im having to put up with Rogers efforts.

Looking at the fitness thread i wouldnt imagine i could even remotely compete with your fitness.

Just having a laugh mate. Good luck to all taking part. :)

I know bud i even know tough Roger is being a WUM its all banter and it'll be a laugh.

AND TOUGH VERY VERY TOUGH !!!!!

ONLY FOR TOUGH PEOPLE LIKE ME!!

BoJack Horseman

I know bud i even know tough Roger is being a WUM its all banter and it'll be a laugh.

AND TOUGH VERY VERY TOUGH !!!!!

ONLY FOR TOUGH PEOPLE LIKE ME!!

Do you have to run up the Travelator at the end? That was my favourite part on the telly version.

Do you have to run up the Travelator at the end? That was my favourite part on the telly version.

I get to fight Wolf with those inflatable sticks i im tough enough.

BoJack Horseman

I get to fight Wolf with those inflatable sticks i im tough enough.

With a twist. They're ELECTRIC STICKS.

built_tough-3942.gif

With a twist. They're ELECTRIC STICKS.

built_tough-3942.gif

Haha amazing i wonder if i can get that on a tight tight t shirt.

Please don't wind up Jamboelite. After hearing the news that I would be unable to take part in tough mudder he's been quite upset.

The thought of running behind me watching my butt jiggle, mud dripping off my body, the touch of my skin as he pushes me over obstacles, muscles crying out in agony aching for the finish line where we collapse in a heap into each others arms, breathless, dirty, sweating, and then something stirs, something feels right, our eyes meet and neither of us is looking away................................I'd type more but my hands are shaking.

Please don't wind up Jamboelite. After hearing the news that I would be unable to take part in tough mudder he's been quite upset.

The thought of running behind me watching my butt jiggle, mud dripping off my body, the touch of my skin as he pushes me over obstacles, muscles crying out in agony aching for the finish line where we collapse in a heap into each others arms, breathless, dirty, sweating, and then something stirs, something feels right, our eyes meet and neither of us is looking away................................I'd type more but my hands are shaking.

You said one of the challenges was dogging......you lied

Archived