R.I.P. JIM LUMSDEN (BONNYRIGG)

GORGIE CAMBO

GORGIE CAMBO

I would just like to pass on the sad news that life-long Hearts fan Jim Lumsden, sadly passed away this morning at the Marie Curie Centre.

Life long Hearts fan Jim, comes from a large dyed in the wool Hearts family from Bonnyrigg, and ran the Chesters Hearts Supporters Club, and could count Hearts legends Gary Locke, Gary Mckay and John Robertson amongst others as his friends.

Our thoughts are with Lizzie, Roslynn and the rest of Jims family.

"Rest in peace mate, we will never forget you".

Guest Tynie Bubbles

On behalf of the Cryans family of Bonnyrigg, deepest condolences to all of Jim Lumsden's family and friends.

Rest In Peace Jim x

GORGIE CAMBO

Could this please be made a sticky mods, to allow people to pay their respects.

desperate

Very sad news indeed.

Jim was always there to assist in any way he could.

He would regularly make reference to the "Jambo Family," of which he was a true member.

A great loss to all who new him.

My condolences to Ros and the kids and all members of his extended family

munki boy

Oh No!!!

I knew he was ill but boy what a shock

R.I.P. Jim

Condolences to all the family

Everybody loves Baz

Thought Jim would've beat that horrible disease but alsas it wasn't to be.

Rest in peace Big man

And our thoughts are with your family.

Baz.

Tom Heaney

Crikey, Knew Jim very well in bygone years from Lasswade High, Danderhall Hearts, Gary MacKay Hearts and numerous sessions in the local bars around Bonnyrigg.

Not seen him in a long while so did not know that he was not keeping so good. My thoughts and prayers are with his family

RIP Jim

This terrible disease strikes again, i hope one day we can find a way of curing people from this, more or not always takes the good guys.

RIP

R.I.P. Jim, deepest condolences to his family. The quicker they find a cure for this disease the better , it is really one b@stard of a disease affecting so many folk,I know having lost my mum to it on the morning of the cup final in 2006.

Italian Lambretta

RIP Jim

Very Sad news.

Spoke to him a few weeks back and didn't even know he had taken ill.

A very sad day.

As many have said he was a die-hard jambo and will be sadly missed.:sad:

Chris

Bonnyrigg

stawberry2

sad news knew the family from my time working in bonnyrigg.

my thoughts with them at this time

Jambof3tornado

Another true Jambo gone.

Thoughts to all his family and friends at this the worst of times.

Peace Perfect Peace.

RIP Jim.

:sad:

dejackamo

R.I.P Jim. Condolences to the family. Was the best man for my inlaws. Very sad news.

tinydancer

Even knowing how ill Jim was I am devastated with this.

I have been lucky to have been a friend of Jim forever and words cannot express how sad I am just now.

My thoughts and prayers to his family

RIP JIM

Eccles

What a shock. I used to go to school with Jim. Used to bump into him in the most unlikely places. An all round gem.

My sincere condolences to Jim's family.

RIP

boabyarsebiscuit

Very sad news. Knew Jim from school, watching Hearts and playing football for the snooker club. Bumped into him at the TO maybe 2 or 3 years ago, believe he was a taxi driver?

My thoughts are with his family.

Jimmyshoes

RIP Jim.

Knew you for a number of years and will be sadly missed.

Jim Martin

The Count

Another great Jambo lost to the world, a true gentleman and legend, a man who couldn't do enough for his friends. We will miss you big time pal, from all your friends in the old Goodies Hearts Supporters;AFC Oxgangs and big Scotty (the fat hibby).

XXX

Fauldsy.

davemclaren

Jim used to travel on the the same bus as I did ( Gary Mackay bus from the Four in Hand ) a long time ago. Certainly a real Hearts man.

R.I.P.

anwenlovesg4

rip jim our thoughts are with his family love from alfie wright and family

Jim's brother Jonny would like to thank everyone who has posted messages regarding Jim's death. It has been a great comfort to all the Lumsden family seeing these.

Jim was a life long hearts fan, a season ticket holder, a share holder and he travelled abroad on many occassions to see his team. The price of Jim's first ticket to a match cost 1 shilling and sixpence in 1967.

He will be sadly missed by everyone.

James Bennet Lumsden

05/11/1963

much appreciated, the Lumsden Family.

The funeral will be held on Thursday at 3pm in Cockpen Cemetary. All friends welcome.

Jambof3tornado

Back from the match and it was a fitting tribute to see Gary Locke wearing a tribute T shirt. Well done gary.

RIP

i knew jim for to many years to remember. the big guy signed me up to play football for the snooker club.i was only 16 years old and bricking it to play in that league. and i will always remember jim telling me not to worry we'll look after you and you just knew he would so when time calls jim and you need a wee fat right back you can count on me pal.

franny murray and family would like to pass on there condolences to the family. rest in peace jim

Only a Game

As a former member of Danderhall Hearts SC in the 70's I recall the name Jim Lumsden but time has evaporated a definite memory of him, except to say that the family name was well known in Bonnyrigg around my time there.

I'm sorry I cant recall you specifically Jim, but you were a Jambo I must have met at some stage and thats easily good enough for me to wish you well where you are right now. We perhaps didnt know each others names but we were bonded by something far stronger

I am so sorry that your last year in this life could not have been a more memorable one as a Jambo but I am quite sure you'll be watching from up there safe in the knowledge that the Jambo cycle is as sure to take ups as it is to take downs.

All the best and hope you enjoy the Jambo corner in Heaven. RIP.

Shocked to hear this devastating news, even though we knew Jim was fighting this disease.

Our thoughts are with all the family.

Mairead and Andy Rae and Donald, Ella and Donna Ferguson. (Four In Hand)

Horse Head

RIP Jim, will always hav special & happy memories of some of our many pre season road trips namely belfast & dublin! one of the great,funny & honest guys we had the pleasure to meet, who always told it how it was. youl be sadly missed mate, our thoughts with friends & family- the McWhinnie brothers

Archived