• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy Wiseau

• BoJack Horseman

• Rand Paul's Ray Bans

• Shanks said no

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a llight mayo in a piri piri chicken & rocket salad wrap, and I am middle class as **** B)

We gathered that from the piri piri chicken and rocket salad wrap.

Mayo is acceptable in sandwich/roll filling form. However, weirdos such as my mrs that have it on chips should be locked away forever. That's massive in Holland too apparently.

Should be kept in the fridge though, as should ketchup.

Mayo in the cupboard is disgusting.

Mayo on chips is decent.

I shall however, throw into the mix Salad Cream... I personally like it....

Not sure how tomatoes mixed with vinegar and spread on food is for kids, but egg whites mixed with vinegar and oil and spread on food is ok. Both are minging. One is definitely for children. The other is a remnant of a poorer time. Stick it along side prawn cocktail, corned beef, cauliflower, beetroot, angel delight, smash, spam, and fray bentos pies.

Agreed with pretty much all those things, but what's the poor old cauliflower done to incur your wrath?

BoJack Horseman

Agreed with pretty much all those things, but what's the poor old cauliflower done to incur your wrath?

It's just an old food that you don't really see much of. Like butter beans. I was going to stick sprouts in as well, but I don't think I'd get much agreement from the old farts on here on that one. Lemon curd, marmalade, and semolina pudding can all be included.

BoJack Horseman

Roger, you fair talk some shite. Should get some bites from the lemon curd brigade though.

Cupboard full of fray bentos pies. Nap.

Mayo on chips is decent.

I shall however, throw into the mix Salad Cream... I personally like it....

Mayo and chips is quality.

And in my defence to the mayo and cupboard thing. Just because it is in the cupboard, it does not mean it is warm. It is just not cold, and why would I put cold sauce or mayo on hot chips?

Personally, I quite like red wine slightly chilled on occasions, but usually you do not put it in the fridge. When you don't, it does not become warm. Not unless you have cranked your central heating up.

BoJack Horseman

Mayo and chips is quality.

And in my defence to the mayo and cupboard thing. Just because it is in the cupboard, it does not mean it is warm. It is just not cold, and why would I put cold sauce or mayo on hot chips?

Personally, I quite like red wine slightly chilled on occasions, but usually you do not put it in the fridge. When you don't, it does not become warm. Not unless you have cranked your central heating up.

Do you live in a shed?

The People's Chimp

Trying to troll me about Fray Bentos pies. :rofl:

Is that what you're reduced to nowadays? Adopting a faux-pretentious tone and mocking people who eat mayonnaise?

Tommy Wiseau

We gathered that from the piri piri chicken and rocket salad wrap.

Let's just say I cause quite the stir in the staff room at lunch, Norm B)

The Great Khali

A bungalow. Do you live in a kiln?

I think Rog must live in mansion, with only the finest foods and women.

BoJack Horseman

Trying to troll me about Fray Bentos pies. :rofl:

Is that what you're reduced to nowadays? Adopting a faux-pretentious tone and mocking people who eat mayonnaise?

Takes mayo with his tinned pie.

It's mandatory for EVERY cupboard in the land to have a Fray Bentos pie sitting suspiciously in the Cupboard, forlorn, unloved and never, ever, released from it's tin prison.

Mayo with fries (frites) is excellent, something to thank the Belgians for.

And stop with the spam bashing. Too expensive a tin to be the food of the proles any more. And nothing better than a Spam Fritter supper. With BROWN sauce, eaten straight out the paper/carton.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

Tomato sauce is bogging.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a llight mayo in a piri piri chicken & rocket salad wrap, and I am middle class as **** B)

You're not middle class until you've got a bit of hummus (organic, of course) in there.

Edited by Iago

Tomato sauce is bogging.

You're not middle class until you've got a bit of hummus (organic, of course) in there.

Or couscous....

Tommy Wiseau

Tomato sauce is bogging.

Couldn't agree more - but not IN the wrap for goodness sake. :lol:

Genuinely had the piri piri and rocket salad job for lunch yesterday, then a tuna steak and mixed root vegetables for tea, and organic houmous and carrot batons as an afternoon snack. :lol:

Tommy Wiseau

Jesus Tommy. You're going to overdose on middle class-ness if you even go near a copy of The Guardian. :lol:

I also read The Guardian online :vrface::lol:

Craig Gordons Gloves

I see reference to Prawn Cocktail somewhere - i remember when it was the height of sophistication - back in teh early 90s at the hote i worked in we'd charge 4.95 for a wine glass filled with shredded lettuce, a handful of prawns and some marie rose sauce (essentially just mayo and tommy sauce mixed together) and the people couldn't get enough of it. In my opinion, it's boggin.

Back to the question - all our condiments - mayo, mustard (about 4 types), salad cream, HP sauce, tomato sauce, worcester sauce, chilli sauce, hot sauce etc are all kept on teh shelves on the inside of the fridge door - one of the reasons i love american fridges, plenty of room for these.

Couldn't agree more - but not IN the wrap for goodness sake. :lol:

Genuinely had the piri piri and rocket salad job for lunch yesterday, then a tuna steak and mixed root vegetables for tea, and organic houmous and carrot batons as an afternoon snack. :lol:

The wrap I can handle. Even the houmous.

But **** off with the calling carrot sticks "batons"!

Guest C00l K1d

Carrot batons feck off :laugh:

Pretty sure tesco were doing a 3 pack of humous. Normal, corriander and lime and red pepper. Red pepper is extraordinary :cool:

Tommy Wiseau

Thoroughly enjoying this turning into a "slaughter Tommy for being a middle class arsehole" thread :D

Surprised no one has posted a picture of Hyacinth Bucket at me yet tbh :lol:

Craig Gordons Gloves

The wrap I can handle. Even the houmous.

But **** off with the calling carrot sticks "batons"!

I discovered today that our work canteen calls grated carrots - carrot matchsticks...

I opened this thread just after reading the guardian while eating carrot batons dipped in red pepper humous. You're not alone, Tommy.

rossthejambo

I always thought people eating carrot batons with hummus was a sick joke, I didn't realise it was rife on here.

Nothing wrong with hummus btw, but carrot batons? Some nice pitta bread or some breadsticks do the job nicely. Not sure if this makes me middle class or not :lol:

Thoroughly enjoying this turning into a "slaughter Tommy for being a middle class arsehole" thread :D

Surprised no one has posted a picture of Hyacinth Bucket at me yet tbh :lol:

1605921.jpg

BoJack Horseman

But definetely brown sauce on bacon rolls.

What a waste of bacon.

Your posts are very arriviste, Roger. It's all rather desperate.

It's a thread about ketchup. Lighten up.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

I always thought people eating carrot batons with hummus was a sick joke, I didn't realise it was rife on here.

Nothing wrong with hummus btw, but carrot batons? Some nice pitta bread or some breadsticks do the job nicely. Not sure if this makes me middle class or not :lol:

Hummus is great. I can't have it without craving falafel to have with it, though. :lol:

I'm not generally a fan of any foods bought from a wholesale health-store by hippies, pretentious students and middle-class wannabe bohemian arseholes, but red pepper hummus is damn tasty even if it looks like baby boak.

Ketchup in the fridge.

Brown sauce in the fridge

Mayo in the fridge

Beer in the fridge

Hummus in the fridge

Red-pepper hummus in the fridge

Pre-chopped carrot batons in the fridge

Carrots (to later be chopped) in the fridge

Bacon in the fridge

Wraps (once opened) in the fridge (then re-heat them on a dry frying pan)

It is clear that you only keep things that come in packets, boxes or tins in the cupboard.

Unless you live in the top half of a frigid desolate island off the north-west coast of Europe...

Ketchup in the fridge.

Brown sauce in the fridge

Mayo in the fridge

Beer in the fridge

Hummus in the fridge

Red-pepper hummus in the fridge

Pre-chopped carrot batons in the fridge

Carrots (to later be chopped) in the fridge

Bacon in the fridge

Wraps (once opened) in the fridge (then re-heat them on a dry frying pan)

It is clear that you only keep things that come in packets, boxes or tins in the cupboard.

Unless you live in the top half of a frigid desolate island off the north-west coast of Europe...

Here is someone with serious cupboard issues.

Out is that list, beer and mayo are the only ones for the fridge FFS. Everything else in the cupboard apart from carrots, vegetable basket and hummus, should only be used for hanging wallpaper.

Now, I'm going to put the cat amongst the pigeons now, so you keep jars of pickles in the fridge or cupboard?

Guest C00l K1d

Here is someone with serious cupboard issues.

Out is that list, beer and mayo are the only ones for the fridge FFS. Everything else in the cupboard apart from carrots, vegetable basket and hummus, should only be used for hanging wallpaper.

Now, I'm going to put the cat amongst the pigeons now, so you keep jars of pickles in the fridge or cupboard?

Cupboard, alongside the beetroot.

Liking the houmous chat. I love hummus but used to work with a chef that made it from scratch and since tasting his I find any supermarket humus turgid and artificial tasting. I used to eat it everyday in a baked potato with a salad accompaniment with a few (importantly) green olives. I think he must have put crack in it.

My girlfriend keeps putting my marmite in the fridge. Nightmare.

People DO get food poisoning from ketchup that's stored badly. That makes you a moron if you don't keep it in the fridge.