Tomato Sauce

Shanks said no

Shanks said no

Once opened should I keep the tomato sauce bottle in the fridge or in the cupboard? Wife favours the fridge but I'm for the cupboard, as the colder the sauce is, the quicker it cools my food.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy Wiseau

• BoJack Horseman

• Rand Paul's Ray Bans

• Shanks said no

Once opened should I keep the tomato sauce bottle in the fridge or in the cupboard? Wife favours the fridge but I'm for the cupboard, as the colder the sauce is, the quicker it cools my food.

Always the fridge!!!!!

Likes Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce.

Loves fresh tomatoes.

Hates Tomato Sauce.

What's wrong with me? :muggy:

It used to be the cupboard, but they changed a preservative (or some shite) a few years back and now it is the fridge.

Heinz made an advert about it I think at the time.

When you buy it at the supermarket it's kept on shelves not in the chilled area.

Case closed.

Its not been opened in the supermarket though.

BoJack Horseman

Loves fresh tomatoes.

Hates Tomato Sauce.

It's the vinegar.

It's the vinegar.

To be fair I can't stand vinegar so you're most prob right! :lol:

Tommy Wiseau

When you buy it at the supermarket it's kept on shelves not in the chilled area.

Case closed.

They display mayonnaise on a shelf as well - do you keep that in the cupboard, you deviant? Seeing you in a whole new light recently :dry:

Tomato sauce should be kept in the cupboard, always - unless, of course, you are over the age of 8, in which case it should be left in the supermarket for a wean's mum to pick up.

I P Knightley

Tomato sauce is for kids and brown sauce should be kept in the cupboard.

This is correct but I have kids so I have tomato sauce. I believe that, like they do in all hotels and restaurants, the stuff should be kept in a cupboard - away from my beer. Likewise the brown sauce and the vinegar and the mustard and every other condiment.

Mrs Knightley, though, had an unshakeable belief that it goes in the fridge.

Should I fight her?

Shanks said no

Think that's conclusive gents, by my alcohol fuelled arithmetic that's 15 cupboards and 7 fridges. However to quote her indoors "just because those idiots on kickback say cupboard doesn't mean its happening in this house". Surprisingly we have never kept Brown sauce in the fridge!

Edited by godandgorgie2012

dobmisterdobster

Loves fresh tomatoes.

Hates Tomato Sauce.

Love Tomato Sauce but HATE ketchup.

...a bit disco

Both are right apparently!

Unopened bottles of ketchup may be stored up to one year in a cool, dry place. Once opened, you may store it in a cool environment, away from sun and/or heat, for about 1 month. For longer shelf life after opening, refrigeration is recommended. Refer to expiration dates on the container.

Storing opened ketchup in a heated environment such as in direct sunlight or in a kitchen that is constantly hot can invite fermentation which can actually cause a minor explosion when opening the container. The explosion makes the ketchup squirt out when opened which probably won't be harmful to you, but it will make quite a mess and stain your clothing. Discard any ketchup that shows signs of fermentation.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/howtocookwithcondiments/a/ketchupstorage.htm

I P Knightley

Think that's conclusive gents, by my alcohol fuelled arithmetic that's 15 cupboards and 7 fridges. However to quote her indoors "just because those idiots on kickback say cupboard doesn't mean its happening in this house". Surprisingly we have never kept Brown sauce in the fridge!

She'll regret that attitude to Kickback advice when she's in urgent need of a medical opinion due to going out and getting herself some bad bum aids.

This is correct but I have kids so I have tomato sauce. I believe that, like they do in all hotels and restaurants, the stuff should be kept in a cupboard - away from my beer. Likewise the brown sauce and the vinegar and the mustard and every other condiment.

Mrs Knightley, though, had an unshakeable belief that it goes in the fridge.

Should I fight her?

This. Sauce, mayonnaise and the likes in the cupboard. The fridge is for wine and beer.

This. Sauce, mayonnaise and the likes in the cupboard. The fridge is for wine and beer.

Sauce in the cupboard is the right thing, but, mayonnaise in the cupboard? That is almost illegal. Warm mayo on a h salad roll? What you been smoking boy?

The People's Chimp

Mayo in the cupboard?

:cornette:

Hopefully don't end up having a chicken mayo roll you've prepared.

BoJack Horseman

Ketchup is for children. Mayonnaise is for peasants. Neither should be found in your home, never mind debating between fridge and cupboard.

Tommy Wiseau

Ketchup is for children. Mayonnaise is for peasants. Neither should be found in your home, never mind debating between fridge and cupboard.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a llight mayo in a piri piri chicken & rocket salad wrap, and I am middle class as **** B)

The Great Khali

Mayo is acceptable in sandwich/roll filling form. However, weirdos such as my mrs that have it on chips should be locked away forever. That's massive in Holland too apparently.

Should be kept in the fridge though, as should ketchup.

Mayo in the cupboard is disgusting.

Edited by The Great Khali

rossthejambo

Warm mayo? Cold toast? WTF is going on on this board?

As for tomato sauce it belongs in the cupboard.

BoJack Horseman

Not sure how tomatoes mixed with vinegar and spread on food is for kids, but egg whites mixed with vinegar and oil and spread on food is ok. Both are minging. One is definitely for children. The other is a remnant of a poorer time. Stick it along side prawn cocktail, corned beef, cauliflower, beetroot, angel delight, smash, spam, and fray bentos pies.