UKIO agree to proceed towards a CVA (merged threads)

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

Just heard on the radio that Ukio Bankas have agreed to a CVA one down one to go and we are out of admin not saying they have agreed to it butthey voted for a CVA good new on the park and good news off of it

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Footballfirst

Just listening to Sportsound.

At a creditors meeting today it seems that the Ukio administrator voted in favour of proceeding towards a CVA, while UBIG didn't vote.

I would suggest that it is a positive step forwards.

Footballfirst

Good news but why would UBIG not vote?

Possibly because they are in limbo waiting to see if there are any objections against the administrator being appointed.

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

Remind me, was the majority of the debt and the floating charge not with Ukio B rather than UBIG?

its with Ukio b they own tynie so its them that we realy need to please with this CVA

Footballfirst

Let's not get too carried away yet. Ukio have not agreed a CVA, but have agreed that BDO should proceed with negotiating a CVA.

its with Ukio b they own tynie so its them that we realy need to please with this CVA

Super do. That seems to be a big step then.:)

Let's not get too carried away yet. Ukio have not agreed a CVA, but have agreed that BDO should proceed with negotiating a CVA.

Will that mean that a price has been agreed?

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

true but they have agreed that a CVA is there best option so there must be somthing in there that they like or they wouldnt have voted to go down the CVA route i know its early days but good news all the same tho surley????

Correct, it's really just confirmation of what's been happening anyway, good to hear, but not really changing anything.

Gregory House M.D.

Correct, it's really just confirmation of what's been happening anyway, good to hear, but not really changing anything.

Well I take it as showing that Ukio's administrators believe that FoH will be able to offer an acceptable CVA

loveofthegame

Positive, but as another poster said, it is not a sign that they will accept what is on offer, just that they believe it is the way forward (which was always going to be the case).

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

Well I take it as showing that Ukio's administrators believe that FoH will be able to offer an acceptable CVA

this is the way iam taking it...if Ukios didnt believe that they where going to get a good deal they wouldnt have voted to go down this route like i said theres soming in FOH bid that they liked other wise they would have been told where to go

Francis Albert

Are they not objecting going into administration?

Someone has appealed against the appointment of the Ubig administrator - we don't know who or why. As a Ubig administrator is therefore not formally in place yet it is not surprising they haven't voted. I agree with others that Ukio's agreement to proceed with CVA discussions is hardly big news (though obviously preferable to the alternative!)and doesn't mean a price has been agreed. Also Ubig's vote in favour will be needed for a CVA to be approved.

Someone has appealed against the appointment of the Ubig administrator - we don't know who or why. As a Ubig administrator is therefore not formally in place yet it is not surprising they haven't voted. I agree with others that Ukio's agreement to proceed with CVA discussions is hardly big news (though obviously preferable to the alternative!)and doesn't mean a price has been agreed. Also Ubig's vote in favour will be needed for a CVA to be approved.

Okay, ta.

Hartley Jambo.

I'd love to think so, but think its a bit premature.

Could they have said anything else, otherwise the game was over.

I think it just reiterates they would prefer to go down this route, but it's still subject to an acceptable offer being agreed.

Francis Albert

this is the way iam taking it...if Ukios didnt believe that they where going to get a good deal they wouldnt have voted to go down this route like i said theres soming in FOH bid that they liked other wise they would have been told where to go

On the other hand FoH may be told "you're heading in the right direction but you have a bit to go". I am not getting too carried away by the fact that Ukio have agreed to continue to consider a CVA - what was their alternative?

Gregory House M.D.

I'd love to think so, but think its a bit premature.

Could they have said anything else, otherwise the game was over.

I think it just reiterates they would prefer to go down this route, but it's still subject to an acceptable offer being agreed.

If they thought they weren't going to get what they wanted we'd have been going into liquidation. There is no way they would drag it on and allow BDO to amass huge Administration fee's before just liquidating the club. They would do it now if they didn't believe they'd get the right price.

Gregory House M.D.

On the other hand FoH may be told "you're heading in the right direction but you have a bit to go". I am not getting too carried away by the fact that Ukio have agreed to continue to consider a CVA - what was their alternative?

Liquidate the club and stop BDO's cut growing?

If they thought they weren't going to get what they wanted we'd have been going into liquidation. There is no way they would drag it on and allow BDO to amass huge Administration fee's before just liquidating the club. They would do it now if they didn't believe they'd get the right price.

Pretty sure if no CVA is agreed BDO get nowt.

Francis Albert

Liquidate the club and stop BDO's cut growing?

I don't believe they can liquidate the club while it is in administration - the whole point of administration is that it prevents your creditors liquidating you. I don't know what the context of this vote was but I suspect it was just a routine part of the process asking the creditors to note BDO's progress.

Gregory House M.D.

Surely can't be right?

Francis Albert

They will, like Duff and Phelps with Rangers, be paid from the proceeds of liquidation.

Gregory House M.D.

I don't believe they can liquidate the club while it is in administration - the whole point of administration is that it prevents your creditors liquidating you. I don't know what the context of this vote was but I suspect it was just a routine part of the process asking the creditors to note BDO's progress.

If they said they wouldn't agree a CVA the administrators would be left no choice.

Clerry Jambo

Strange that this news hasn't reached the mega mega mega thread on losers.net, normally they're on the ball......NOT

Step by Step. Never mind this Tick Tock crap from the Hobbits. It's a slow process but I feel we will get there.

Francis Albert

If they said they wouldn't agree a CVA the administrators would be left no choice.

The process would proceed until a formal vote on a CVA proposal was held. They can't move to liquidate us now - that is whole the point of administration! Agreed if they told BDO there were no circumstances they would vote for a CVA that might speed the process up, but I think celebrating the fact they haven't done so is a bit desperate TBH.

Barney Rubble

Excellent , cant wait to inform my hobo colleagues tomorrow ( i might embellish it a little to maximise the agony for them ) .

Hartley Jambo.

Today was the creditors meeting I think, they had to say something either way because of that.

If the creditor meeting hadn't happened then I don't think you would have heard anything from them IMO.

I don't think it changes any thing in the big picture, just keeps the admin process proceeding as is.

They are already on record as saying a CVA and keeping the club as a going concern is their preferred option.

I don't think today is new news or changes the ongoing negotiation process.

The previous CVA package was rejected, another one needs to be submitted for review.

Someone has appealed against the appointment of the Ubig administrator - we don't know who or why.

Thrashing Bob? Mikey?

They will, like Duff and Phelps with Rangers, be paid from the proceeds of liquidation.

Fair enough. Must have imagined that being said.

Francis Albert

Today was the creditors meeting I think, they had to say something either way because of that.

If the creditor meeting hadn't happened then I don't think you would have heard anything from them IMO.

I don't think it changes any thing in the big picture, just keeps the admin process proceeding as is.

They are already on record as saying a CVA and keeping the club as a going concern is their preferred option.

I don't think today is new news or changes the ongoing negotiation process.

Yes. It would be interesting to know what exactly the creditors were voting on. I suspect something like "to accept BDO's interim report and note the intention to proceed towards making a CVA proposal". I doubt BDO gave them the opportunity to vote for liquidation!

Archived