Crowd on Sunday

ericb

Anyone have any info on ticket sales?

Could actually be quite big, especially if the weathers good.

Was going to pay in, but might be worth getting a ticket after all, to avoid big queues

WeeToonJambo

I bought my ticket about 10 days ago but it still hasn't arrived. Anyone else with the same problem?

rossthejambo
I bought my ticket about 10 days ago but it still hasn't arrived. Anyone else with the same problem?

afraid not. i ordered my 4 tickets and got them within 2 days. id get in touch to check they've been posted or to check what the problem is

Having to spoke to the ticket office regarding the testimonial I think the committee have made some serious errors regarding the way they are releasing tickets. I called the Ticket Office last week asking to book a seat in section G where my season ticket is and was told they are only selling section by section in order to cut costs. When I asked what areas where available they said they had sold out the main stand and where currently selling section C and D only of the Wheatfield with section E due to go on sale shortly (I assume this is now available given that it was last Thursday I called).

Anyway I asked of there were a number of fans trying to book tickets in there usual seats or sections and was told "yes there are" I then asked how many when told of the arrangements went on to book elsewhere if there seats weren't available and was told "not very many".

I stressed the point that I go to the games with friends and meet friends that sit around me at the game and that I didn't want to sit on my own in another section.

I fear that there decision has put a lot of people off buying tickets and judging by a lot of the guys on my supporters bus many are planning to just turn up and pay at the gate. This may well create a problem as it appears that they are trying to cut back on costs by selling only to stands at a time. So if they only sell 2/3rds of the Wheatfield by match day they wont open behind the goals which would cause issues if say 4-5k turn up on the day. If they do have both stands behind the goal open but not sold any seats in advance and use it only for walk up tickets surely this defeats there purpose of selling section by section and will have only served to put people off buying in advance?

I think the arrangements for ticketing of this game have/will put a lot of people off and as mentioned may create issues should there be a large walk up crowd on the day.

With the number of players turning out I would have expected this to sell out easily especially as its a welcome break from the dross we have been subjected to all season. I know a number of guys myself included that aren't going on Saturday so that we can go Sunday instead.

Maybe someone who has already navigated the maze known as Hearts Ticketmaster can shed some light on this but when I tried to buy tickets online for the testimonial I seem to have ended up being offered tickets in a non-existent part of the stadium... :unsure:

I opted for the Main Stand and then it offers me section BLKQ, row K? I brought up the seating plan just to check that they didn't have their own mad plan of that stand but no...it's exactly as it should be...what the heck is BLKQ???

Guest JamboRobbo
Maybe someone who has already navigated the maze known as Hearts Ticketmaster can shed some light on this but when I tried to buy tickets online for the testimonial I seem to have ended up being offered tickets in a non-existent part of the stadium... :unsure:

I opted for the Main Stand and then it offers me section BLKQ, row K? I brought up the seating plan just to check that they didn't have their own mad plan of that stand but no...it's exactly as it should be...what the heck is BLKQ???

I expect they are preparing the system for the imminent new stand.....

Prince Buaben

Block Q? Just a guess;)

Apart from that. Do you think its better to buy in advance or walk up on the day?

It is block Q

I expect they are preparing the system for the imminent new stand.....

:P

Block Q? Just a guess

Apart from that. Do you think its better to buy in advance or walk up on the day?

You know those times when you deliberate over something for ages, you think you've covered every angle and then you think bugger it...I'll ask...I won't look daft...then you figure it out the nanosecond you hit 'send'? This was one of those times.... :biggrin:

Thanks though. And yeah, I'm thinking buying in advance sounds sensible, especially if you're buying more than 1 or 2 and want to sit together...sounds like Sunday could end up being a total rammy.

:mad:I aint got mine yet either Gonna call in morning

crazy_jambo_2006

Won't be huge, imo, due to the timing of the game. 2pm on the day of the English Prem Title decider.

If the Testimonial wasn't against the Hearts 98/06 select, I reckon Tynie would be dead on Sun. I suggest most people are going for the 1998 players.

JamboGraham

You know those times when you deliberate over something for ages, you think you've covered every angle and then you think bugger it...I'll ask...I won't look daft...then you figure it out the nanosecond you hit 'send'? This was one of those times.... :biggrin:

Thanks though. And yeah, I'm thinking buying in advance sounds sensible, especially if you're buying more than 1 or 2 and want to sit together...sounds like Sunday could end up being a total rammy.

I saved myself by about a second, very nearly made the same post...I just couldn't see it...

Blocks B, L, K and P...it was the fact that it was spread across 3 stands that really threw me....spotted it just before I hit submit! Why not just add the extra two letters to help people like me???

Also, just to say that my tickets are not here today but I phoned ticketmaster who said mine were processed last night and should be here tomorrow. No idea why they waited nearly two weeks to post them out to me.

It'll be the best game of the season... a chance to see Hearts as they were and yearn for those halcion days of GB and co... I do hope we see Elvis and Pauline in some form... they really should be there.

Anyway at least i'll be going to the game free in the knowledge that my beloved Hearts won't get pumped on their home turf for a change!

Skacel to score 6!!!!:)

Prince Buaben

Surlely if me and my mates turned up together we'd get seats together...actually second thoughts...:confused:

Won't be huge, imo, due to the timing of the game. 2pm on the day of the English Prem Title decider.

If the Testimonial wasn't against the Hearts 98/06 select, I reckon Tynie would be dead on Sun. I suggest most people are going for the 1998 players.

Who the **** gives a **** about the premiership??!

Go on Utd... stuff those chelski basts!;)

Pete Seeger
Having to spoke to the ticket office regarding the testimonial I think the committee have made some serious errors regarding the way they are releasing tickets. I called the Ticket Office last week asking to book a seat in section G where my season ticket is and was told they are only selling section by section in order to cut costs. When I asked what areas where available they said they had sold out the main stand and where currently selling section C and D only of the Wheatfield with section E due to go on sale shortly (I assume this is now available given that it was last Thursday I called).

Anyway I asked of there were a number of fans trying to book tickets in there usual seats or sections and was told "yes there are" I then asked how many when told of the arrangements went on to book elsewhere if there seats weren't available and was told "not very many".

I stressed the point that I go to the games with friends and meet friends that sit around me at the game and that I didn't want to sit on my own in another section.

I fear that there decision has put a lot of people off buying tickets and judging by a lot of the guys on my supporters bus many are planning to just turn up and pay at the gate. This may well create a problem as it appears that they are trying to cut back on costs by selling only to stands at a time. So if they only sell 2/3rds of the Wheatfield by match day they wont open behind the goals which would cause issues if say 4-5k turn up on the day. If they do have both stands behind the goal open but not sold any seats in advance and use it only for walk up tickets surely this defeats there purpose of selling section by section and will have only served to put people off buying in advance?

I think the arrangements for ticketing of this game have/will put a lot of people off and as mentioned may create issues should there be a large walk up crowd on the day.

With the number of players turning out I would have expected this to sell out easily especially as its a welcome break from the dross we have been subjected to all season. I know a number of guys myself included that aren't going on Saturday so that we can go Sunday instead.

Likewise. I got my girlfriends tickets last week but I'm just going to pay at the gate to get my seat in section G. Pathetic that they couldn't sell you your actual seat to be honest

Got tickets today and had to buy tickets in either the main stand or Wheatfield F or B (went for F) I asked for my own seat behind the goal in section X which was unavailable aparently.

footieman

Am in section E due to not being able to get my seat but hey ho, I cant say it concerns me duly.

Is it definitely 2pm?

I've seen a couple of conflicting reports on the official site that it's 2pm AND 3pm!!!

I think my tickets say 2pm though...

WalterEgo

Why pay ?3.50 for the privilege of using Ticketmaster? I called the ticket office, clarified that I couldn't buy my own seat, bought another one, and received it the next day. No surcharge.

Why pay ?3.50 for the privilege of using Ticketmaster? I called the ticket office, clarified that I couldn't buy my own seat, bought another one, and received it the next day. No surcharge.

I've given up completely, it's clearly designed for people with advanced computing qualifications and that's definitely not me.

I'm going to take advantage of this lovely weather and wander along to the TO tomorrow morning. Hand over cash - get tickets. I like that sort of simplicity. :)

There was no surcharge for the testimonial tickets with Ticketmaster or delivery charge!

lambojambo

And not for the Legend that is Robbie???:eek:

Prince Buaben

Rousset,Mcpherson,Ritchie,Fulton,Adam and Robbo have Retiered,

McCann,Salvatori(if he asnt already) and Flogel are nearing the end of there careers

Looking at it the Current team are lucky its a Testimonial and Robbies team will win because they'd a dooing..

DarthVodka

I ordered them a couple of weeks ago and still havent arrived either. This isnt the first time ticketmaster have done this

will have to phone the useless feckers in the morning

Ben Dover

With all the pesh on the park of late I'd almost forgotten what a pigs ear Hearts generally make of all ticket events :sad:

I was just going to pay at the gate and with the weather supposed to be staying nice I would imagine quite a few will be doing likewise. Usual one turnstyle job I imagine though :evilno:

paulyjambo

I bought 2 tickets today and was offerred the main stand or the wheatfield.

Graham Thomson

went up today, got 2 tickets, section D Wheatfield, girl said the sales were goin well, well she would say that, she said once u r in, u can basically sit anywhere in the Wheatfield,

Should be a great game. See some actual footballers playing at Tynie that ain't the opposition ;)

PresidentRomanov
went up today, got 2 tickets, section D Wheatfield, girl said the sales were goin well, well she would say that, she said once u r in, u can basically sit anywhere in the Wheatfield,

Sounds like two men and a dug then - Prhessley's fan club maybe :)

Guest S.U.S.S.

I think its great SP has decided to return, i for one hope he gets the welcome he deserves. He will from me.

I'll turn my back as he takes his bow so i dont have to see his horrible Judas face again.

Chest pump yourself back to Parkhead Mr Hearts!

I agree, its bad i cant let it go, but its my opinion and im entitled to it, rightly or wrongly.

Old Pivotonian
Sounds like two men and a dug then - Prhessley's fan club maybe :)

Who would that be then?

11K max, with only two stands open, and no gates open at Gorgie Road, I predict chaos, plus the need to hurriedly open the other stands. :evilno:

lambojambo
I think its great SP has decided to return, i for one hope he gets the welcome he deserves. He will from me.

I'll turn my back as he takes his bow so i dont have to see his horrible Judas face again.

Chest pump yourself back to Parkhead Mr Hearts!

I agree, its bad i cant let it go, but its my opinion and im entitled to it, rightly or wrongly.

SPOT ON MATE!!!

Prince Buaben

Just got tickets for Section E just now.

Hearts Heritage

Tickets are also on sale in the St James Centre shop. Got ours last week.

Eastender

Got mine yesterday ... taking my kids and four other bairns ! Looking forward to it ... could be 'last chance to see' a few of the names mentioned.

Remember to bring your Cup Final programmes along for autographs !

Tams bird
Likewise. I got my girlfriends tickets last week but I'm just going to pay at the gate to get my seat in section G. Pathetic that they couldn't sell you your actual seat to be honest

Unless its already been sold...

Archived