Independence Ref

Toggie88

How would you vote?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How would you vote?

• Independence (with the Queen as head of state)
    • Independent Republic
    • More Powers
    • Status Quo
    • Return power to Westminster

I know that we already have a poll going, but here's one that offers more options.

Chester™
Or offers no options at all... I like this one, means we stay in the UK

Surely not someone jumping in too soon there?:P

I can see it fine Toggie!

upthehill
Surely not someone jumping in too soon there?:P

I can see it fine Toggie!

It's there now, and offers the chance to scrap the jumped up toon council at the bottom of the Royal mile, that's the option for me!

Commander Harris

an independant monarchy - but with a new line and me as King. :)

in all seriousness, I've voted the way I have done but ultimately I would like to see some kind of republic, but it would have to be way down the line or else we'd end up with President Sean Connery :P

While we're on the subject, we'd need a second house as well - I'm wary of a unicameral system as it can lead to stoopid legislation with little checks or balances.

I P Knightley

I used to love Status Quo but for all their predictability and good humour, I don't think they'd form an effective government for Scotland or the United Kingdom.

Back to Westminster for me - there's too much ineffective government and too much money going into government to justify smaller assemblies based on some romantic, fanciful historical notions.

Therapist

The Scottish Parliament is basically a souped-up local authority. It is an expensive and unnecessary additional layer of government populated by a bunch of diddies who do not have the intelligence or skill to cut the mustard at Westminster.

Scrap it and spend the money that's saved on education and health.

I plumped for more powers.

I would also extend devolution in the form that Scotland has and would have with the new powers to the various parts of the UK.

I believe that the Union can last and in a much stronger form if the constituent parts of the Union are treated equally.

Westminster could exist for foreign policy, general economic guidance etc etc

Good to see the majority of JKB are not only nationalists, but also republicans.

Happy days.

Therapist
Good to see the majority of JKB are not only nationalists, but also republicans.

Based on the grand total of......(drum roll).......49 votes. :confused:

No wonder you were so easily taken in by Salmond's "100 top Scottish businesses support the SNP" scam. It's political simpleton's such as yourself, with your irresponsible Braveheart/Brigadoon influenced voting, that have got us into the disaster that is an SNP "government". :mad:

speedbump

Dovelution Plus, would probably be the option for me although I voted NO/NO in the original referendum. I know do favour minor changes to the Scotland Act.

Mr Sifter

No wonder you were so easily taken in by Salmond's "100 top Scottish businesses support the SNP" scam. It's political simpleton's such as yourself, with your irresponsible Braveheart/Brigadoon influenced voting, that have got us into the disaster that is an SNP "government". :mad:

Mmm, the guy has a differing view from Therapist......so he must be a "political simpleton".

Great basis for a debate!!!:P

NEILY1874
Dovelution Plus, would probably be the option for me although I voted NO/NO in the original referendum. I know do favour minor changes to the Scotland Act.

Good to see that people are open to change if they feel its for the better.:thumb:

Id have guaranteed that your answer would have been 'return power to westminster' as recently as 2 years ago.

Nice to see you being open minded Charger.:)

speedbump
Good to see that people are open to change if they feel its for the better.:thumb:

Id have guaranteed that your answer would have been 'return power to westminster' as recently as 2 years ago.

Nice to see you being open minded Charger.:)

True;)

NEILY1874
True;)

Give it another 2 years and you might even have the bottom half of your tattoo erased.:smile:

Only joking, each to their own and all that.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Happy days.

Nicely worded options there.

speedbump
Give it another 2 years and you might even have the bottom half of your tattoo erased.:smile:

Only joking, each to their own and all that.

Never, never, never:cool:

No credit for thinking for ourselves then? Why did I not expect that?

Oh, what it must be like to be a cynic.

bigbadbill

How would the republic work then? I'd need more details before I decided on that one. Would we elect two consuls every year, then send them off to be a governor of one of our dependencies like the Roman republics did?

Or....would we elect a president like they do in USA and France?

Or would we have elections like they have in Kenya and Zimbabwe?

This is an important decision. The devil is in the detail they say!

Guest S.U.S.S.
How would the republic work then? I'd need more details before I decided on that one. Would we elect two consuls every year, then send them off to be a governor of one of our dependencies like the Roman republics did?

Or....would we elect a president like they do in USA and France?

Or would we have elections like they have in Kenya and Zimbabwe?

This is an important decision. The devil is in the detail they say!

Im sure Alex Mugabe will let us know in due course.

Mmm, the guy has a differing view from Therapist......so he must be a "political simpleton".

Great basis for a debate!!!:P

Creme de la creme of unionist debating.

Good to see that the staff at Holyrood are changing their opinions - give a few years and you'll be a full blown republican, Tyson ;)

speedbump
Good to see that the staff at Holyrood are changing their opinions - give a few years and you'll be a full blown republican, Tyson ;)

Do you mind!:evilno::evilno:

Professor.Arturo

Independence with the Queen as head of state. Just like Canada and Oz

Anyone seen the UK wide Yougov poll?

Tories 49%

Noo Labour 23%

Liberals 17%

Labour are up a creek.

Archived