How long does it take to go through a short list?

Guest JamboRobbo

Guest JamboRobbo

According to Vlad, on the official Website, on Jan 17th, we were already going through the short list for the new manager

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1218133,00.html

What is the up to date position regarding the appointment of a new Manager and can you give assurances that he will have full autonomy on team matters?

We are going through a short list at the moment but do not want to commit to any deadlines as it is important to make the correct appointment.

We are looking for a Manager with a good knowledge of British football' date=' strong tactically and who can prepare and pick the strongest team. He will have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline.

[/quote']

So how long can it possibly take to go through a shortlist?

And how come, according to Sergie after the AGM, we "now have a short list to go through"?

no progress in 4 months?

Cliffundo
According to Vlad, on the official Website, on Jan 17th, we were already going through the short list for the new manager

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1218133,00.html

And how come, according to Sergie after the AGM, we "now have a short list to go through"?

no progress in 4 months?

It is a complete farce. this could have all been resolved within 1 or 2 weeks if he chose too. I really do not think he wants us to have a proper manager!

It frustrates me so much when I think about tbh..... just feel like he really is taking the **** out of everyone of us :mad:

Fat Striker

I've not really expected any news on this front for the past few weeks as it was clear Frail would be in charge till the end of this season.

However after the Gretna game is over the club MUST make their intentions clear. Either get the new guy in or appoint Frail. There is no point waiting until the new season is a week away.

Obviously I wouldn't be happy if Frail is appointed but we deserve to know what's facing us so as we can stock up on anti-depressants etc.

We all know that there isn't any short list.

The Mark McGhee story seems to have gone a bit quiet on here too?

Cliffundo
Shortlist= Steve Frail not long at all:evilno::evilno:

I wish they would just come out and say if frail is getting the gig!

I hate the way they refuse to accept that they fans deserve to know whats going on!

Where else would a club treat it's fans like this...unless it was a club who had no intentions of building a club the support could be proud of!

Maybe its a long list.

Or maybe its Hearts, and therefore any simple task can take anything up to 26 years to complete.

Or maybe its so short it actually consists of one or no names....

Cliffundo
Maybe its a long list.

Or maybe its Hearts, and therefore any simple task can take anything up to 26 years to complete.

Or maybe its so short it actually consists of one or no names....

Very cool siggy m8

thats probably what Vlad and rodders wear when they work from home!

colinmaroon

IF, I said IF - the top of the shortlist is someone who is employed (e.g. Mark McGhee) - then he can't be approached without permission from his current employers, and if they say not until the end of the season (or the candidate says same) no discussions can take place until then.

Just a suggestion as to what might be the situation - not an "excuse" before the hot and bothered get hotter and bothereder!!!

Jamboelite

SHOCK !!!

Why dont we have a manager thread.

Who knows whether we get one or not and lets be honest nothing is ever done quickly at Hearts whether it be bills, transfers or planning applications(perhaps that one is a bit harsh) we will see what happens in the summer.

Ideally one in now would have been good to prepare us for next season but that aint going to happen(may never happen).

What we would have gained from having a manager see players in the bottom 6 play meaningless games im not too sure he would have probably started then all on a clean slate in the summer anyway before deciding who he wanted rid of so what difference does it make to wait as long as we see one.

Perhaps the person or person's approached have advised they arent available for discussion until the summer ???

We_are_the_Hearts

The MAIN priority for Vlad and his empire is to provide an environment to showcase talent and to buy and sell for profit.

Secondary is success on the football pitch.

Any players who show ability will be sold for a profit. We will also continue to sign players that are deemed as taking a chance on.

Drew Busby !
SHOCK !!!

Why dont we have a manager thread.

Who knows whether we get one or not and lets be honest nothing is ever done quickly at Hearts whether it be bills, transfers or planning applications(perhaps that one is a bit harsh) we will see what happens in the summer.

Ideally one in now would have been good to prepare us for next season but that aint going to happen(may never happen).

What we would have gained from having a manager see players in the bottom 6 play meaningless games im not too sure he would have probably started then all on a clean slate in the summer anyway before deciding who he wanted rid of so what difference does it make to wait as long as we see one.

Perhaps the person or person's approached have advised they arent available for discussion until the summer ???

Fair point. In fact it might even be the case that their current contract won't expire until 2010.

In which case having identified the right man we should definitely wait.

Obviously :cool:

The new manager is working behind the scenes in an "incognito" kind of a fashion.

Walter Bishop

no progress in 4 months?

***UPDATE***

I can exclusively reveal the "shorlist",

Korobochka, Frail, Chernekov and current Kaunas coach. Winner will be decided by raffle on 12th may when HOMFC can officially annonce we have sold 7000 season tickets for next season.

Two options in my opinion :

1) Its a lie

2) Nobody on the 'shortlist' wants the job

Which will lead to :

1) Frail getting the gig

2) Someone from within the 'pyramid' being appointed

3) Someone we have never heard of from Eastern Europe turning up in mid July

Its probably quite hard to get every one's fag packets together with the scribblings of ideas......

IF, I said IF - the top of the shortlist is someone who is employed (e.g. Mark McGhee) - then he can't be approached without permission from his current employers, and if they say not until the end of the season (or the candidate says same) no discussions can take place until then.

Just a suggestion as to what might be the situation - not an "excuse" before the hot and bothered get hotter and bothereder!!!

A man of the cloth or not, you should be banned from this board for coming out with sensible possibilities like this.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

If that is the case it would be the first time I've ever heard of a club waiting like that. Managers are poached all the time. The only candidate for which this is possible is Mark McGhee, because our announcement was right after Phil O'Donnell's death and McGhee said he would be at Motherwell until the end of the season.

I think it's a much stronger possibility that the Jan 1st statement was just a lie. That would be another unprecedented situation. I can't think of any other club where the club simply straight-face lie (and remember, it was a planned, released statement - not some off-the-cuff response to pressure at a random supporter's meeting) and the fans just meekly accept it.

We all know that in the real world if Hearts are keen on McGhee he will have been approached by an agent on behalf of a facilitator on behalf of an agent of Hearts

But obviously officially we would have to be "coy" on this.

I'd like the McGhee reality to become clear sooner rather than later

I guess, given that discussions will have taken place, we'll know by this time next week whether the reason for the delay in appointing this new manager is Mark McGhee

Although somebody on here that appears to know something re the McGhee discussions appears to know that he was not able to secure the requisite control over footballing matters and is no longer interested.

Cant be treated as gospel but if McGhee is not on the list does that put the cat amongst anyone's pidgeons?

eddie fenwick

ive heard 3 names mentioned

levein,Mcghee and wait for it billy brown

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The sooner you accept it was just a lie the easier it will be to accept it. :)

Guest JamboRobbo

I agree, if we're waiting on McGhee, it explains it all.

But what IF, I said IF, it turns out McGhee isn't on the list? Or worse still, what if there never even was a list?

Just a subject to discuss as to what might be the situation - not a "negative post" before the hot and bothered get hotter and bothereder!!! ;)

Ray Winstone
The sooner you accept it was just a lie the easier it will be to accept it. :)

Indeed.

We just have to accept that Frail will be appointed when the announcement is made.

rossi_1983

Although somebody on here that appears to know something re the McGhee discussions appears to know that he was not able to secure the requisite control over footballing matters and is no longer interested.

Cant be treated as gospel but if McGhee is not on the list does that put the cat amongst anyone's pidgeons?

That was a sticking point, but I think this will be overcome if McGhee gets the same assurances that Frail got, i.e. No interference in selection, but signings will be made

The real problem at the moment is that McGhee is not wanting to agree to anything in acse he has a chance at the Celtic job. So until that is sorted, we won't get any further with him. FWIW, I don't think he has any chance with the Celtic job, as I think Strachan won't be pushed, and anyway, if he does walk, then Celtic would be looking at a bigger name

Guest JamboRobbo
That was a sticking point, but I think this will be overcome if McGhee gets the same assurances that Frail got, i.e. No interference in selection, but signings will be made

If McGhee is in the frame, I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see how well Vlad has kept to his word on that one......

If McGhee is in the frame, I'm sure he'll be thrilled to see how well Vlad has kept to his word on that one......

:rofl: aye, roll up you desperado, out of work (jail) managers. Pyramid legends (dinosaurs) welcome.

rossi_1983

I personally don't consider playing players in meaningless games to try to sell them at the end of the season as unjust interference

Frail says he was made to play Goncalves, as Vlad wants to get rid of him, but Vlad also wanted rid of Makela, yet Frail never had to play him. I think Frail uses the interference thing as a smokescreen to protect himself when things don't work

He is perfectly happy to take all the credit when we get a good result, but then when we get a crap one with an identical team, the "interference has to stop"

Guest JamboRobbo
I personally don't consider playing players in meaningless games to try to sell them at the end of the season as unjust interference

You're entitled to your opinion. I see it differently, especially in the current context of our alleged difficulty in nailing down our next manager due to the worry over interference.

In that context, Vlad interfering in any way at the moment seems like it'll only harm any chance we have of convincing the new man he'll get a free reign.

Frail says he was made to play Goncalves, as Vlad wants to get rid of him, but Vlad also wanted rid of Makela, yet Frail never had to play him. I think Frail uses the interference thing as a smokescreen to protect himself when things don't work

He is perfectly happy to take all the credit when we get a good result, but then when we get a crap one with an identical team, the "interference has to stop"

That may well be true. It doesn't change the fact that Vlad has interfered in team selection under each and every "manager/puppet" we've had since Burley left.

And it doesn't change the fact that we'll need to convince any new man (if he's anything more than a puppet) that this has changed, and will stay changed.

I don't envy the man who has to try and persuade a future manager that Vlad will butt out, especially given our current manager is talking about interference as recently as the weekend.....

portobellojambo1

I think that is why he (McGhee) is no longer in the frame apparently.

rossi_1983
You're entitled to your opinion. I see it differently, especially in the current context of our alleged difficulty in nailing down our next manager due to the worry over interference.

In that context, Vlad interfering in any way at the moment seems like it'll only harm any chance we have of convincing the new man he'll get a free reign.

That may well be true. It doesn't change the fact that Vlad has interfered in team selection under each and every "manager/puppet" we've had since Burley left.

And it doesn't change the fact that we'll need to convince any new man (if he's anything more than a puppet) that this has changed, and will stay changed.

I don't envy the man who has to try and persuade a future manager that Vlad will butt out, especially given our current manager is talking about interference as recently as the weekend.....

All good points

I think it is a fairly low risk/ high return for any potential manager though. If things don't work out, then he has the get out clause of interference. A poor run at Hearts is going to be considered a lot less damning than a poor run at any other club as a result of the interference. We offer the 3rd highest wage in Scottish football, and money talks. We also have the potential to challenge the Old Firm, as shown by Burley. If the manager does that, even for a short time, then his stock becomes incredibly high.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think that is why he (McGhee) is no longer in the frame apparently.

Interesting. Maybe Frail's not so stupid after all......

bighalders

The shortlist was ready early January and the new man has been appointed - step forward Stevie Frail. There is no one else, it was all lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lieslies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lieslies lies lies from our beloved leader.

We are a mid table team with a huge debt and very badly run that is us now and that is our future

Guest JamboRobbo
All good points

I think it is a fairly low risk/ high return for any potential manager though. If things don't work out, then he has the get out clause of interference. A poor run at Hearts is going to be considered a lot less damning than a poor run at any other club as a result of the interference. We offer the 3rd highest wage in Scottish football, and money talks. We also have the potential to challenge the Old Firm, as shown by Burley. If the manager does that, even for a short time, then his stock becomes incredibly high.

Fair points also.

On your last point about challening the OF, I reckon if the manager does that, even for a short period of time, he gets fired. As we've all seen already. :laugh:

:food-smiley-004:

rossi_1983
Fair points also.

On your last point about challening the OF, I reckon if the manager does that, even for a short period of time, he gets fired. As we've all seen already. :laugh:

:food-smiley-004:

:biggrin:

RR says "its difficult to find a manager (check http://www.leaguemanagers.com under available managers - 125 there) as they are either in a job or out of a job."

So its difficult to recruit a Manager because they have or don't have a job - what other option is there?

How is it difficult to give the job to a manager with a healthy CV who is out of

work?

:mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
RR says "its difficult to find a manager (check www.leaguemanagers.com under available managers - 125 there) as they are either in a job or out of a job."

So its difficult to recruit a Manager because they have or don't have a job - what other option is there?

Folk who would be in a job if they weren't convicted paedophiles? Nah, even Vlad wouldn't go that far.....:eek:

I don't think I've ever come across anyone with such an obsession about a manager. You'll never know for certain who is /is not on the list or if there is one. You're so totally anti-Romanov that reason goes out of the window. Can you honestly say that if you owned a club (which BTW is also a business) you would never interfere. I think I would if I thought things were not going how I wanted them. I would also decide which players I wanted to buy and who I should get rid off. That is not to say that I would ride roughshod over the Manager/Head Coach and I would certainly seek/listen to his/their professional opinion(s) but in the end I would need to have the final say. Tell me you're different and say how it should be done.

Incidentally if Billy Davies is the man, it seems that 4 months on would have been inevitable and another fortnight to the end of the season is relatively unimportant - except in your eyes.

Guest JamboRobbo
I don't think I've ever come across anyone with such an obsession about a manager. You'll never know for certain who is /is not on the list or if there is one. You're so totally anti-Romanov that reason goes out of the window. Can you honestly say that if you owned a club (which BTW is also a business) you would never interfere. I think I would if I thought things were not going how I wanted them. I would also decide which players I wanted to buy and who I should get rid off. That is not to say that I would ride roughshod over the Manager/Head Coach and I would certainly seek/listen to his/their professional opinion(s) but in the end I would need to have the final say. Tell me you're different and say how it should be done.

Incidentally if Billy Davies is the man, it seems that 4 months on would have been inevitable and another fortnight to the end of the season is relatively unimportant - except in your eyes.

And I don't think I've ever come across anyone with such an obsession about discussing a poster, rather than discussing the subject at hand.

I shall answer your points right after you explain when and where the thread subject become "JamboRobbo"?

Folk who would be in a job if they weren't convicted paedophiles? Nah, even Vlad wouldn't go that far.....:eek:

:)

Nelly Terraces

My quick theory of why it's taking so long for them to annouce it, (I hope I'm wrong mind!):

1. It's Frail, without question.

2. They knew that all along, and there was no 'shortlist'.

3. They are now cacking it about when to announce it following on from the feedback from this site and from the HMFC support in general who are almost to a man and woman against his appointment.

4. They are clueless wuckfits.

Cheers.

The cruckie cookie

Anton Joore.

Currently withing the pyramid and has knowledge of Dutch and British football.;)

colinmaroon
I agree, if we're waiting on McGhee, it explains it all.

But what IF, I said IF, it turns out McGhee isn't on the list? Or worse still, what if there never even was a list?

Just a subject to discuss as to what might be the situation - not a "negative post" before the hot and bothered get hotter and bothereder!!! ;)

Plagiarist!!!! :cool:

In answer to your question:

Then the skoobala hits the fan!!!

Anton Joore.

Currently withing the pyramid and has knowledge of Dutch and British football.;)

Joor, would that be pronounced HOOR... sounds about right a manager Vlad can screw with out the guilt of rolling over and only speaking to them via fax.

Guest JamboRobbo
Plagiarist!!!! :cool:

In answer to your question:

Then the skoobala hits the fan!!!

It is the sincerest form of flattery......

alwaysthereinspirit

The list may be short but some of those Eastern bloc countries names are hell to pronounce.

Wouldn't want to say the name wrong when it's pronounced with a silent K.

Wankhimoffski. Rankmanagur. ****bossman.

IMA MAROON
My quick theory of why it's taking so long for them to annouce it, (I hope I'm wrong mind!):

1. It's Frail, without question.

2. They knew that all along, and there was no 'shortlist'.

3. They are now cacking it about when to announce it following on from the feedback from this site and from the HMFC support in general who are almost to a man and woman against his appointment.

4. They are clueless wuckfits.

Cheers.

1. Yes. It looks that way.

2. No, it is just no other manager they have spoke to is willing to work the Vlad way.

3. They know it will not go down well.

4. :) What is a wuckfit?

no progress in 4 months?

IMO the reason that we would appear no further forward from January is that the original statement was/is a hollow one. It was done to buy time, to appease the supporters, just like the many statements/ramblings before that. I really believe that S. Frail will be our "frontman" come July/August.

I also really hope I am wrong!

alwaysthereinspirit
IMO the reason that we would appear no further forward from January is that the original statement was/is a hollow one. It was done to buy time, to appease the supporters, just like the many statements/ramblings before that. I really believe that S. Frail will be our "frontman" come July/August.

I also really hope I am wrong!

I also hope you're wrong but unfortunately believe you're on the money.

Frail is the man and it's another season of :eek:

Archived