Well done to St Johnstone

Eckauskas

He Who Cannot Be Named

Yep, well done, thought this was forgotten about amongst all the hilarity of the hibs result. FC Minsk for them in the next round, easily winnable tie, only formed in 2006 and this will only be their 4th european tie.

Just said that on the Hibs thread, with the team they're playing next week having a couple of guys sent off today they have a decent chance of progressing

rossthejambo

Agreed, fantastic result!

Does this effect the first game of the season?

Moved to Sunday I'd imagine. They're in Belarus on the Thursday though so good chance of tired legs so that's a boost for us.

Hungry hippo

Brilliant result for them. Could help us too that they'll be away 3 days before our game on the Sunday.

Great result. Credit to Scottish football. Vs regular Champions League side. Well done. New manager has got them playing well.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Just said that on the Hibs thread, with the team they're playing next week having a couple of guys sent off today they have a decent chance of progressing

Dont think Minsk recieved any red cards tonight?

Nucky Thompson

Great result for them. I must admit I had them down for a roasting tonight

Tommy Wiseau

Genuinely delighted for them. They have shown up another ****ing embarrassment of an outfit as well :D

Jambo Hoggie

Well done Saints, almost forgot about this results as it was nail biting stuff down ER with Hibs trying to sneak an equaliser.

Great result. Good to see a Scottish team NOT completely embarassing themselves in Europe.

This.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Cregg and Wotherspoon go through with St Johnstone, both at some point deemed not good enough for Hibs.

Patrick Bateman

Absolutely, I hope they make the group stages too.

Moved to Sunday I'd imagine. They're in Belarus on the Thursday though so good chance of tired legs so that's a boost for us.

It is, and I've stupidly booked transport for the Saturday :(

Oh well, just have to have a night out in Perth :thumbsup:

Hot since 86

Cregg and Wotherspoon go through with St Johnstone, both at some point deemed not good enough for Hibs.

Craig and Vine go out for Hibs, both thought they were too good for Saints!

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Craig and Vine go out for Hibs, both thought they were too good for Saints!

Correct me if im wrong, but was Vine not shooting down Saints in the media last week?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If they win the next tie is it the groups?

The lad Stevie May got the goal tonight. He's one to watch this season.

Fozzyonthefence

Fantastic result for them. In recent years, Rosenborg have been a much stronger team in Europe than Malmo, which puts the Hobos' result into perspective. They may not be the team they were but still a great scalp for Saints. I like to see all the Scottish teams do well in Europe, except Celtic, Rangers and now Hibs (since their reaction to our financial woes I'm quite happy to see them embarrass themselves and they did that tremendously tonight).

Well done St J. Good luck in the next round, at least you guys didn't embarrass the Scottish game. Not like some other 2-bit poor excuse for a football club.

An amazing win. Another good thing about it is that people can't simply write off the Hibs result as Scottish football being an embarrassment.

Hot since 86

Correct me if im wrong, but was Vine not shooting down Saints in the media last week?

Aye, said he was glad to be at a "proper" team or something like that.

That's worked out well eh?

rossthejambo

If they win the next tie is it the groups?

The lad Stevie May got the goal tonight. He's one to watch this season.

Nope, another round after that.

It is, and I've stupidly booked transport for the Saturday :(

Oh well, just have to have a night out in Perth :thumbsup:

Ditto :thumbsup:

Caspian Primrose

great result for St J. thank god scottish football has saved a bit of face tonight. Hibs should be banned from playing in europe after that.

Nelly Terraces

Brilliant result for the Saints. Well done to them. Makes the mutants scoreline look even worse. Complete winner all round. Good luck to them in the next round, should be a cracking game for the 1st one of the seaz up there, can't wait. HHGH.

Auld Reekin'

It was Stevie Banks' presence on the Saints bench that made all the difference for them tonight! ;)

Well done to them: a very good result.

If this gets moved to Sunday I'll be :seething:

Got the Saturday off work, can't swap now as the rotas have been done.

:down:

GlasgoJambo

Very well done to Saints- hope they can progress (and obviously be tired whenever they meet the JTs)

vintage1874

A great result, almost 8k at the game a very good support for St J hopefully some of those fans will stick with their team this season. The Sunday should suit us better with them having a game on the Thursday.

HMFC-TILL-I-DIE

Fantastic result for them good luck to them and there fans for the next round as for the hibs result :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In was at the game tonight as I live in Perth. For Mcdairmid the atmosphere was class, the place went crazy when May scored. They didn't look out of place and Rosenberg seemed a pretty average side to be honest! Wotherspoon was very good as were most of the Saints players. Fallon absolutely thumped the right back in the dying minutes, was rather amusing!

cousinsofnoone

As good as any result by a Scottish side in the past few years. Rosenborg were barely credibly ordinary

Feck St. Johnstone.

One of only two teams that have made me cry (2-4 in the League Cup and 6-1 v Motherwell).

Defo looking like the Sunday for us next week then, need it confirmed though so we can get train tickets.

Archived