Tomorrow Meeting

8skacel8

We have a meeting with SPFL tomorrow about our entrance into administration. I womder what our punishment will be.

Is it not the sfa? We've had our spfl punishment already in the form of a points deduction.

grumpyespana

It will be a transfer ban until January plus a 30.000 pound fine.

Grumpy.

Is it not the sfa? We've had our spfl punishment already in the form of a points deduction.

Did the SPFL exist when we got hit with the punishment?

Fingers crossed for suspended fine only, all clubs will insist on Transfer ban- let the expected kicking us when we're down begin :(

What punishment did Dunfermline receive?

Doesn't matter, each case is different and treated as such - (Livingston, Gretna, The Rangers, Airdrie, Dundee, Motherwell etc....)

Just have to wait and see, Different league, Different rules, Different Governing Body and Different punishments

Not holding my breath :(

Wish it ddn't matter, but we'll get hammered - Petrie's on the committee isn't he?

tartofmidlothian

It will be a transfer ban until January plus a 30.000 pound fine.

Grumpy.

That's roughly my feeling, although I'm thinking six month ban backdated to when we entered admin.

They have carte blanche to do as they please, and will be dsperate to be seen to be doing something meaty.

A big fine is counter productive. A transfer embargo is too, as most expect us to be in administration for months. I think a suspended big fine or points deduction (I'm sure I read at the weekend they can impose this).

I think we may all be surprised, lets not forget that most off all the other Premier Teams are in Financial sh-t and have felt the brunt off losing income via Rangers not being in league, driving us down a league will see yet another blow for their income and that may tip their teams over the edge... Scottish Football is in a very murky place right now and everyone knows it.

I think we may all be surprised, lets not forget that most off all the other Premier Teams are in Financial sh-t and have felt the brunt off losing income via Rangers not being in league, driving us down a league will see yet another blow for their income and that may tip their teams over the edge... Scottish Football is in a very murky place right now and everyone knows it.

Absolutely agree but what seems to be happening is that "they" seem to be hell bent in driving the bus to and then over the edge of the cliff.

You really have to ask yourself why a governing body would deliberately try to destroy Scottish Football and therefore itself.

They are either completely incompetent or they "may" have a hidden agenda.

The cynic in me says that they are actively destroying the game for, as yet, reasons unknown

tartofmidlothian

Agree with these sentiments.

Sexton Hardcastle

The fine will go straight into pocket of Longmuir for his departing golden handshake.

tartofmidlothian

Meeting been postponed until 1st August according to Forth News Twitter

Wonder if the club have asked for an extension to put our case together. Or is Darth Petrie on holiday?

Fine us ?50,000. Couple of fund raisers and up theirs.......

Wonder if the club have asked for an extension to put our case together. Or is Darth Petrie on holiday?

If Celtic, Hibs and St Johnstone are on the board then they're board members are on a holiday of sorts.

Wish it ddn't matter, but we'll get hammered - Petrie's on the committee isn't he?

I think the clubs know that the league cant afford to lose us, Rangers - we'd get by without but Hearts and Rangers 2 of the 3 biggest money spinners will send the league into crisis and imo a lot of sponsors will walk away.

The the biggest derby will then be partick - celtic :cornette:

Petrie using hobonomics will vote to keep us in (if that scenario were ever to happen just imagine the reaction on mysisternadmotherarethesameperson.net) he wont allow hibs to lose too much gate money.

itsnomarooned

They have carte blanche to do as they please, and will be dsperate to be seen to be doing something meaty.

A big fine is counter productive. A transfer embargo is too, as most expect us to be in administration for months. I think a suspended big fine or points deduction (I'm sure I read at the weekend they can impose this).

Really? I was under the impression that only the league body could impose a points deduction - could be wrong.

itsnomarooned

I think the clubs know that the league cant afford to lose us, Rangers - we'd get by without but Hearts and Rangers 2 of the 3 biggest money spinners will send the league into crisis and imo a lot of sponsors will walk away.

The the biggest derby will then be partick - celtic :cornette:

Petrie using hobonomics will vote to keep us in (if that scenario were ever to happen just imagine the reaction on mysisternadmotherarethesameperson.net) he wont allow hibs to lose too much gate money.

It's just this sort of arrogant sounding statement that gets right up others' noses. It certainly got up mine when spouted by Rangers.

If Celtic, Hibs and St Johnstone are on the board then they're board members are on a holiday of sorts.

Did they not know that their respective clubs would be playing in Europe on the date of the hearing? It is just an excuse to delay the transfer ban they are probably going to impose on us so we miss the January transfer window by which time hopefully we will be out of Administration.

Archived