Have you renewed yet?

Commander Harris

Have you renewed yet?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Have you renewed yet?

• YES
    • NO

Commander Harris

yes, it is yet another season ticket poll. a very simple one - have you renewed yet, yes or no?

The reason for yet another poll is today's statement from the club that 7000 people have renewed already, that's more than half the current season ticket holders.

I suppose I'm trying to see how representative JKB has been with the arguments on renewing as a casual read of such threads seems to give a vastly different picture.

This thread is more about the nature of JKB, how comfortable people are sharing their opinions for fear of abuse/ridicule, whether the person that shouts loudest wins the arguement etc rather than a debate on the rights and wrongs of renewing. There have been plenty of threads on that subject and I encourage people that want to debate that issue to seek one out.

Commander Harris
More than happy to renew 2 ST's when we appoint a real manager.

fair enough, like I say I'm not wanting to get into the rights and wrongs of renewing. I just want to see what the actual picture is on JKB and compare that both with what is percieved on the site in the discussions on the subject and the reality of 7000 sales so far.

Yes.

My reasons are that I would be lost on a Saturday without going to see Hearts.

Uberjambo
fair enough, like I say I'm not wanting to get into the rights and wrongs of renewing. I just want to see what the actual picture is on JKB and compare that both with what is percieved on the site in the discussions on the subject and the reality of 7000 sales so far.

Sorry mate, I meant no. Can't help it!!:sad:

I was told last Weds that we had sold nearly 6,000 - so I suppose the 7,000 figure ties in.

Sexton Hardcastle

Not yet ..but will when i can be arsed to sort a few things out.

Uberjambo
Yes.

My reasons are that I would be lost on a Saturday without going to see Hearts.

I will still go to watch and support them. But no ST

Guest casper

If it can take 5 months and counting to appoint a manager I demand more time to renew my season ticket. In fact when one happens, the other will follow.

Commander Harris

does anyone else get my point? do you agree that there has been a big disparity between what people think on the issue of renewals and what has appeared on the forum?

or am I on my own here!

Yes

And apparently I did so as an expression of my complete satisfaction with every decision made by those running the club. I think the Romanovs are so Brilliant it's surprising that I'd not considered hanging on till the prices went up so I could give them more money as a token of my appreciation.

Dr. Bapswent
does anyone else get my point? do you agree that there has been a big disparity between what people think on the issue of renewals and what has appeared on the forum?

or am I on my own here!

I get you.

And your right.

But some people are only kids and some say whatever gets a reaction.

Some people want to throw a tantrum to show how much they care about Hearts, whilst still knowing all the time they would go to the games.

Some just want to be on the Romanov is the devil bandwagon.

Others are just Hearts supporters.

Ben Dover

There has been much debate on what VR's plans were / are and the way in which he has gone about his

business these last two years ?

However I've renewed simply on the basis of this little ditty

"The Board of Heart of Midlothian Football Club (Hearts) has

begun the search for a football manager to fill the current

vacant post at Tynecastle.

The manager, who will have full responsibility for team

selection, will be an experienced football manager and will

preferably have experience of management in British football.

The new manager will work with sport director Anatoly

Korobochka and assistant head coach Stephen Frail.

In the interim Stephen Frail will assume the "caretaker

manager" role at Hearts with full responsibility for team

selection and coaching of the first team squad.

The Board of Directors of Hearts acknowledges it is not

acceptable for Hearts to be in its current position in the

league.

The new manager's task will be to drive the club forward on

the playing side to fulfil the club's ambitions.

The move by the Board of Directors has the full backing of

Hearts majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov"

That statement CANNOT be misconstrued or find it's meaning 'lost in translation'

It's now or never for VR, if the spirit HE himself helped to rekindle in 05/06 is not to be lost for another generation ( or perhaps forever :sad:)

or am I on my own here!

Not alone on that,last week some one started a poll just saying renew or not,30 odd % said not renewing without any other options,you know like ,when a new manager is appointed,Vlad leaving,signing world class players,etc.

Thats 30% or so just not renewing at all,if you boil that down thats almost 4000 ST not getting renewed straight off and look at how many say they will renew if 1st jan statement is true,christ you could argue that another 20-30%.

I know that JKB is not the true reflection of the Hearts support IMO it,s more the hard core on this site,those that kinda see it as their duty to renew or follow Hearts,so if there is 7000 already renewed it does come as a wee bit off a surprise and that not every one is telling the truth,that includes Hearts ticket staff as well because they were quite open about the fact that people are not renewing because of the way things are being run.

Nelly Terraces

I'm NOT surprised 7thou have renewed up to this point, neither will I be surprised when only about another 1000 do so after that.

For the record, no I've not. I won't miss it either.

Mysterion

did it last minute yesterday.

somewhat "unsurprised" at the extension for the ?30 discount.

look on the bright side - i have a mate who is a ST Holder at East End park. they are getting no discount/early bird price - only the chance to be entered into a draw to win an upgrade to a directors box for 2 people all season.

I still think the reality of 7000 sales is up for debate

But this poll is a good test of that also

Can it be presumed that JKB is a fairly accurate representative of the breadth of Hearts support?

7000 tickets would be more than half the total of last year.

So if this 7000 figure is true, presumably this poll will read that more than half of JKB-ers have renewed?

I guess you have to throw in some completely new season ticket sales - non-renewals

Still, an interesting poll

donaldius fordovich

NO x 3, which will remain a NO x 3 until we get a proper manager in.

troonjambo
I'm NOT surprised 7thou have renewed up to this point, neither will I be surprised when only about another 1000 do so after that.

For the record, no I've not. I won't miss it either.

i would imagine your figures are acturate NT i will be stunned if more than 8000 sts are sold this year

i have not yet nor will i be able to renew untill ive sold my flat whitch hopefully will be before start of season but i am in no way worried my seat will not still be avalable even at last minute ;):P:p:p:p

failing that ill pay at the gate something that if there is not some progress will be back with a vengence next season

..I am in the Wilie Bauld suite, and haven't even been asked yet!!. They never write, they never call...!

I feel abandoned.

I will renew though. Maybe.

not yet,still waiting for vlad to show his hand.

He already has mate,infact it was two hands showing a two fingerd salute.

Father Tiresias

I'll make up my mind once I see the announcement of a new manager.

I have lots of other things to do on Saturday afternoons.

JamboRossi79

or am I on my own here!

Yes I think it is quite clear that this website bears little relation to the real life Hearts supporters out there.

Yes I think it is quite clear that this website bears little relation to the real life Hearts supporters out there.

Or you.

peebles jambo

yip, should've heard the missus after last night, she said i was mad, just a wee bit yes, but a jambo first

Jambof3tornado

I think most people who were going to renew have done so by now so I wouldnt expect that 7k figure to rise by more than 2k max. I have renewed mine and sons tickets coz I knew I would and couldnt afford the ?30 hit for waiting any longer(though I would rather have renewed after that much needed manager was brought in and paraded b4 my very eyes!!)

yip, should've heard the missus after last night, she said i was mad, just a wee bit yes, but a jambo first

Before what?

Guest Dipped Flake

Quite agree. Afraid this message board, just like other ones gives the vocal minority a voice, who tend to be extreme in their views. I suspect that most fans just want to go along and watch their team and not get too into who is doing what behind the scenes. For myself, I am happier with the way the club is being run now than I have been for a while so quite happy to renew my 2 tickets

sandyseymour
yes, it is yet another season ticket poll. a very simple one - have you renewed yet, yes or no?

The reason for yet another poll is today's statement from the club that 7000 people have renewed already, that's more than half the current season ticket holders.

I suppose I'm trying to see how representative JKB has been with the arguments on renewing as a casual read of such threads seems to give a vastly different picture.

This thread is more about the nature of JKB, how comfortable people are sharing their opinions for fear of abuse/ridicule, whether the person that shouts loudest wins the arguement etc rather than a debate on the rights and wrongs of renewing. There have been plenty of threads on that subject and I encourage people that want to debate that issue to seek one out.

Renewed on Friday but after last night's performace, I wish that I hadn't :mad:

No manager appointed = No renewal

Appropriate manager appointed = Will renew straight away

It's that simple.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've paid for mine, but they want proof that I'm going to be a student next season before they give me it!

Harry Kinnear

Renewed 2 weeks ago saved ?90 on mine and two concessions so appealed to my pocket . there was a family discussion about whether we should renew but decided to go for it, you know next season can't be as bad as this etc etc however if it is as poor (and we were shocking last night) as this one and Frail is still manager then it will be a seson ticket holiday for me

jambovambo

No, didn't renew last season, won't again this year.

Would love to, but not whilst this football club is run the way it is.

If you work out the figures based on the 51.8% who say they have renewed divide that into the 13500 ST at present it gives a total renewal figure of 6993 so KB is a very accurate assesment of the fans viewpoint and also proves that the club is in fact telling the truth about the ST sales figures.

Guest JamboRobbo
If you work out the figures based on the 51.8% who say they have renewed divide that into the 13500 ST at present it gives a total renewal figure of 6993 so KB is a very accurate assesment of the fans viewpoint and also proves that the club is in fact telling the truth about the ST sales figures.

It does suggest it. But none of that PROVES anything.

Commander Harris

indeed, a private poll seems to be quite representative.

contrast this with the content of the threads where renewal has been discussed and I think we can see that, like on any messageboard, the most opinionated(read loudest?!) posters dictate the general feeling on the board and this perhaps does not necessarily line up with the reality?

is that a fair comment?

indeed, a private poll seems to be quite representative.

contrast this with the content of the threads where renewal has been discussed and I think we can see that, like on any messageboard, the most opinionated(read loudest?!) posters dictate the general feeling on the board and this perhaps does not necessarily line up with the reality?

is that a fair comment?

Very fair comment IMO. Also a point to consider some of the people who vote that they have/will not renew may well be non ST holders anyway and some may not even be Hearts fans.

Guest JamboRobbo
Very fair comment IMO. Also a point to consider some of the people who vote that they have/will not renew may well be non ST holders anyway and some may not even be Hearts fans.

Works both ways though.

Commander Harris
Works both ways though.

indeed it does - he said as much in his post.

Archived