Foulkes reveals his regret over Romanov

Sherlock

Through thick and thin
Have you read the article?

I think that's why he's "stating the obvious".

Yes I have read the article. Stung by deserved criticism some may say.

So you think Foulkes doesn't have regrets over Vlad?

Yes I do

Buffalo Bill
Interesting that you have given a date.

Re-Manager It is still my believe that Vlad has not found a Manager that he can manage and satisfy his critics.

What we must remember, HMFC have made people money through Vlad influencing team selection and creating Debt.

I think the date was suggested by Lawrence in the Sergie Fed interview on Hearts TV - the date of pre-season training.

Buffalo Bill

I wish Foulkes would just dissapear!! Like all politicians he simply loves the sound of his own voice, penning articles in newspapers and enjoying the perks of his high profile lifestyle!!! Not to mention trying to absolve himself of any blame - it's only himself that seems to think he is accountable anyway!

I hold him in no way responsible for anything that has happened under Vlad and I am sure most folks are the same!!!

Go away George, stop stirring it!!!

I wish Foulkes would just dissapear!! Like all politicians he simply loves the sound of his own voice, penning articles in newspapers and enjoying the perks of his high profile lifestyle!!! Not to mention trying to absolve himself of any blame - it's only himself that seems to think he is accountable anyway!

I hold him in no way responsible for anything that has happened under Vlad and I am sure most folks are the same!!!

Go away George, stop stirring it!!![/QUOTE]

Aye george,why not concentrate on the wonderful football played at Tynecastle just now or all the wonderful signings we are making,write about all the positves that are coming out of Hearts at the moment,go on George do what you are payed by the EEN to do and write a column about your beloved Hearts.

Have you read the article?

I think that's why he's "stating the obvious".

I did read the article and ask (for the third time) why did you edit it?

I'll not ask again again but, rightly or wrongly, shall assume your failure to reply is because the article has little credible relevance.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Which, of course, is his point.

And a point worth making. The longer this charade goes on, the more I wonder whether HMFC has a viable future anymore. It says very little for the pulling power of the club - or the potential that investors see in it - that the only person who was willing and able to help us three years ago was a Lithuanian whose motives are still utterly baffling. There is so much resentment towards this regime that anybody who came forward with a realistic takeover proposal would receive widespread support among our fanbase. The fact that there has been nothing even approaching a serious pretence at removing VR suggests that nobody out there with enough money and nous to sort us out is willing to do so. I fear that Romanov will be here for a long, long time and you can only guess at the state we'll be in when he goes.

Colonel Kurtz

The only thing wrong with the article is that Lord Dode has forgotton that Liths tend to panic when they hear the word harbour.

I'll not ask again again but, rightly or wrongly, shall assume your failure to reply is because the article has little credible relevance.

I never edited the article.

I simply copied & pasted it onto KB.

I hope that clarifies things and is OK with you.

Here is it copied in full from the website....

Premium Article !Your account has been frozen. For your available options click the below button.

Options Premium Article !To read this article in full you must have registered and have a Premium Content Subscription with the The Scotsman site.

Subscribe Registered Article !To read this article in full you must be registered with the site.

Sign InRegisterFoulkes reveals his regret over Romanov

? Previous ? PreviousNext ? Next ?View GalleryPublished Date: 06 May 2008

By COLIN LESLIE

FORMER Hearts chairman George Foulkes has spoken of his regret at the role he played in welcoming Vladimir Romanov to power at Tynecastle, but said he would not apologise as there was "no other obvious choice" to save the club at the time.

Foulkes has been a fierce critic of the Hearts regime in recent weeks, calling on Romanov to appoint a permanent manager, open lines of communication with frustrated supporters, and improve an underachieving Tynecastle side.

But Foulkes has beenADVERTISEMENTstung by questions over the role he played in helping Romanov become the club's majority shareholder, and now admits he harbours regrets.

Writing in his newspaper column in the Evening News, Foulkes said: "I am acutely aware of my role ? with others ? in attracting Vladimir Romanov to Tynecastle and all that followed. I have not, and will not apologise for that either, because there was no other obvious choice. The demolition trucks were all but rolling in under the ownership of Chris Robinson.

"Do I regret the way things have turned out? Absolutely. But tell me, what would you have done? Allowed Hearts to lose their home and potentially go to the wall? Being in a position to try and help, I was damned if I was going to sit back and watch that happen. "Maybe it was the wrong decision, but it felt like the right thing to do."

Foulkes insisted that he still believed Romanov could turn the club's fortunes around, but added: "I am angry most of all at Vladimir Romanov for letting us, and letting me down in such a horrific way. We instilled so much faith in him and his inner circle that it feels like being jilted at the altar."

The full article contains 293 words and appears in The Scotsman newspaper.Page 1 of 1

Here is what I posted originally?

FORMER Hearts chairman George Foulkes has spoken of his regret at the role he played in welcoming Vladimir Romanov to power at Tynecastle, but said he would not apologise as there was "no other obvious choice" to save the club at the time.

Foulkes has been a fierce critic of the Hearts regime in recent weeks, calling on Romanov to appoint a permanent manager, open lines of communication with frustrated supporters, and improve an underachieving Tynecastle side.

But Foulkes has been stung by questions over the role he played in helping Romanov become the club's majority shareholder, and now admits he harbours regrets.

Writing in his newspaper column in the Evening News, Foulkes said: "I am acutely aware of my role ? with others ? in attracting Vladimir Romanov to Tynecastle and all that followed. I have not, and will not apologise for that either, because there was no other obvious choice. The demolition trucks were all but rolling in under the ownership of Chris Robinson.

"Do I regret the way things have turned out? Absolutely. But tell me, what would you have done? Allowed Hearts to lose their home and potentially go to the wall? Being in a position to try and help, I was damned if I was going to sit back and watch that happen. "Maybe it was the wrong decision, but it felt like the right thing to do."

Foulkes insisted that he still believed Romanov could turn the club's fortunes around, but added: "I am angry most of all at Vladimir Romanov for letting us, and letting me down in such a horrific way. We instilled so much faith in him and his inner circle that it feels like being jilted at the altar."

As you?ve accused me of editing it, perhaps you could clarify which part you think I actually edited?

I'll not ask again again but' date=' rightly or wrongly, shall assume your failure to reply is because the article has little credible relevance.[/quote']

...... As you?ve accused me of editing it, perhaps you could clarify which part you think I actually edited?

Anything?

... no answer was the loud reply.

Oh well.

Anything?

... no answer was the loud reply.

Oh well.

I asked if you edited it because I thought it contained a reference to GF supporting HMFC most of his life. Is this right or wrong? If I am wrong I apologise as I must have read it elsewhere.

I asked if you edited it because I thought it contained a reference to GF supporting HMFC most of his life. Is this right or wrong? If I am wrong I apologise as I must have read it elsewhere.

Apology accepted.

flecktimus
I think the date was suggested by Lawrence in the Sergie Fed interview on Hearts TV - the date of pre-season training.

Buffalo Bill

Thanks for clearing that up.

Archived