Tynie and safety fears......

Clerry Jambo

Glad to see the Record has a ' scoop' . Oh no its old news..

tartofmidlothian

Fair play, they're spinning it as making the site unattractive to developers rather than anything which impacts us badly.

Jambos_1874

It is good news in some respects but if we ever want to properly redevelop the stadium it could be a problem.

I can't help it..................This was pointed out months ago when discussing valuations of the ground.

Glad to see the Record has caught up

There is an agreement between the Council and Hearts that each would pay c. ?500k for moving the hazardous products to a safe site - in order that Tynecastle could be redeveloped.

I thought this was common knowledge. This story is 4 years out of date.

It is. Ironically, now though, it could actually help us, despite the tone of the article making it sound bad.

queensferryjambo

What guff. If the Whisky site was of any real danger it would be shut down as there are residents nearby.

This never stopped a new school being build in the vicinity.

There are much more dangerous chemical sites around Scotland.

Francis Albert

Good news.

I don't agree. The Tynecastle land represents the major component of value in what BDO are trying to sell. Devaluation of that asset just makes a sale at a price that will cover BDO's costs and lead to a CVA being accepted more difficult. And in the future ownership of valuable rather than worthless land makes the club financially more secure, better able to (sensibly) raise finance for redevelopment or a new stadium.

tartofmidlothian

There is an agreement between the Council and Hearts that each would pay c. ?500k for moving the hazardous products to a safe site - in order that Tynecastle could be redeveloped.

Is there? Didn't know that.

I think best case scenario is that this remains a major problem until we're sold and then suddenly goes away after that. :thumbsup:

If it helps now.

For future where there's a will there's a way. Seemed closer to redevelop site before Jenny Dawe's council came in (now gone).

Feel there's more acceptance of moving now but wouldn't like to see area suffer if we move. See McKie's group saying its not a priority.

Archived