Goncalves

Boab Mugabe

Charlie-Brown

Was it pounds / euros / dollars? was it a firm bid or just a newspaper story? if it was a real bid what were the terms?

Boab Mugabe

2 million Euro bid from Celta Vigo in August I believe it was, which with the exchange rate at the time equated to ?1.3m.

IIRC several media outlets were reporting this. Can't remember if Hearts said anything officially.

Eckauskas

To think.

He's meant to be the future of Portugese football :mellow:

The Merse
To think.

He's meant to be the future of Portugese football :mellow:

Complete imposter.

He'll be in the third tier of Portuguese football in 3 years.

1 more numpty club will take a risk on him before he finds his true level.

brellierlegend

The second goal last night was down to him being lazy in my opinion. Never tucked in and just let Finnigan have a free header. Disgrace. Why not play Rapnik for the last two games?

Romanovs idea of keeping him playing is just bringing down his value in my opinion.

davieholt

He had not a bad game last night.

Really don't know why so many folk on this board get on his case. Thomson was dire but there is no 'hang, burn, we hate Jason' thread. He plays differently than the traditional blood and guts Scottish fullback. He uses pace rather than physical aggression and is just as effective IMO.

. . . and Jose was no more culpable than the other defenders at the second goal last night.

Hans von Luck
He had not a bad game last night.

Really don't know why so many folk on this board get on his case. Thomson was dire but there is no 'hang, burn, we hate Jason' thread. He plays differently than the traditional blood and guts Scottish fullback. He uses pace rather than physical aggression and is just as effective IMO.

. . . and Jose was no more culpable than the other defenders at the second goal last night.

Jason Thomson is basically Robbie in disguise.

Not fit for purpose either..............

Another one for the skip.

The Old Tolbooth
Was it pounds / euros / dollars? was it a firm bid or just a newspaper story? if it was a real bid what were the terms?

Lira.

The Old Tolbooth
Old Turkish by any chance ?

Or Italian, it would equate to roughly ?1.67 and a bag o chips!

I'd actually pay someone to take this clown off our hands!

Hilary Briss

Hope your right mate but I cant see it. He capped off a very poor season with another enept display last night. His defending for the 2nd goal was embarrising.

Nelly Terraces
Hope your right mate but I cant see it. He capped off a very poor season with another inept display last night. His defending for the 2nd goal was embarrassing.

Was it just me, or see when the ball comes over for the 2nd one, does Bambi not actually run away to the right i.e. away from the player? Fecking incredible. :sad:

Cat Stevens

I was sat in front of his agent Darren Jackson and Donald Park at the game last night. We had a wee chat at half time. Whilst DJ was away getting a Bovril Parky was speaking about the players DJ had on the pitch. He represents Goncalves, Jason Thomson, and I think the other one was either Clum or Mole. I said "none of them will make him any money" and he said Goncalves might, and he mentioned he was on ?12k a week at Hearts. I was gobsmacked. ?12k for that????!!!!

Hilary Briss
Was it just me, or see when the ball comes over for the 2nd one, does Bambi not actually run away to the right i.e. away from the player? Fecking incredible. :sad:

Yep, he actually watches the goal scorer make the run and does hee haw about it, when it was clearly his man coming in from the right side.

If you were a right winger you would love playing against this clown, the goal aside he always comes inside leaving the oppo winger in acres of space......its happened all season. Mind you, he can shield the ball from the half way line to bye line :rolleyes:

The Mighty Thor
I was sat in front of his agent Darren Jackson and Donald Park at the game last night. We had a wee chat at half time. Whilst DJ was away getting a Bovril Parky was speaking about the players DJ had on the pitch. He represents Goncalves, Jason Thomson, and I think the other one was either Clum or Mole. I said "none of them will make him any money" and he said Goncalves might, and he mentioned he was on ?12k a week at Hearts. I was gobsmacked. ?12k for that????!!!!

who else has Darren Jackson got on his books?

Alex 'Happy' Howden and Roy 'Chubby' Brown?

Nelly Terraces
Yep, he actually watches the goal scorer make the run and does hee haw about it, when it was clearly his man coming in from the right side.

If you were a right winger you would love playing against this clown, the goal aside he always comes inside leaving the oppo winger in acres of space......its happened all season. Mind you, he can shield the ball from the half way line to bye line :rolleyes:

Indeedy, his positional sense has cost us goals all season. He is utter murder. To think of the cash we turned down, then add to the disgusting amount of cash he's paid per week, and it's no wonder the Lithumaniac has got us into another 16mill of debt.

Check that 2nd goal though again though mate, he doesn't just do nowt, he actually take 2 or 3 steps AWAY from the geezer putting into the net.

He had not a bad game last night.Really don't know why so many folk on this board get on his case. Thomson was dire but there is no 'hang, burn, we hate Jason' thread. He plays differently than the traditional blood and guts Scottish fullback. He uses pace rather than physical aggression and is just as effective IMO.

Seriously?

Worst defender on our books by a mile. Horrendous excuse for a footballer. Cant tackle, cant header, questionable passing, terrible control. Need I go on.

The 2nd goal yesterday could have been avoided if he'd done basic defensive duties like getting goal side of the attacker. He was sauntering around on the edge of the box

Ray Winstone
who else has Darren Jackson got on his books?

Alex 'Happy' Howden and Roy 'Chubby' Brown?

Jackie McNamara and Mark Wilson!

He was absolutely RAGING when Robbie got called up to the Scotland squad ahead of them both.

I laughed in his face (Was a bit drunk at the time) but he was not chuffed.

Complete imposter.

He'll be in the third tier of Portuguese football in 3 years.

I fear he has found his level,bottom six in the SPL.

The Mighty Thor
Jackie McNamara and Mark Wilson!

He was absolutely RAGING when Robbie got called up to the Scotland squad ahead of them both.

I laughed in his face (Was a bit drunk at the time) but he was not chuffed.

I presume that's not DJ's main line of business then, because that lot aren't going to keep the dinner on the table!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I noticed that as well.

Before the Falkirk player is near the ball the fecking dokey runs away in the other direction.

Probably the worst piece of defending I have ever seen.

John Collins wasn't far off the mark with his pub team comment.

The Merse
I fear he has found his level,bottom six in the SPL.

Jose Goncalves ain't good enough for top flight football in any country IMO.

To think we wasted 750k and all the wages on this diddy.

:sad:

No coincidence he had trials at plenty clubs who didn't want to sign him before he made his way here.

Jose Goncalves ain't good enough for top flight football in any country IMO.

To think we wasted 750k and all the wages on this diddy.

:sad:

No coincidence he had trials at plenty clubs who didn't want to sign him before he made his way here.

My point is ,no one else will have him and by the way things are going Vlad seems determined to hang onto all the crappy wasters we have at the club.

I used to think Kisnorbo was the most ungainly , most awkward , most useless player of recent years but Goncalves wins it by a country mile.

I cannot believe he played in the CL for FC Thun.

Uttrly useless

I used to think Kisnorbo was the most ungainly , most awkward , most useless player of recent years but Goncalves wins it by a country mile.

I cannot believe he played in the CL for FC Thun.

Uttrly useless

Mind Kirk Clubfoot will be playing in a UEFA cup final.

Raymond K?ruzor?

Really don't know why so many folk on this board get on his case. Thomson was dire but there is no 'hang, burn, we hate Jason' thread.

I don't have any figures for you but I think we have spent a lot more money on Jose than we have on Thomson. that raises the expectations

peebles jambo
He had not a bad game last night.Really don't know why so many folk on this board get on his case. Thomson was dire but there is no 'hang, burn, we hate Jason' thread. He plays differently than the traditional blood and guts Scottish fullback. He uses pace rather than physical aggression and is just as effective IMO.

can you remember him having a good game this season, he is utter garbage and should never wear our famous jersey again

Guest JamboRobbo
To think we knocked back ?1.3m for him. :sad:

up there with the worst decisions made by the mad one during his tenure at HMFC.

I do not believe for a second that someone was prepared to pay ?1.3m for him. Vlad may be mad but that would be insane to turn that down. I actually think Jose is a better player - when he's left in the stand.

Bombscare of a player.

bishop1874

I am fed up defending concalves now, as a left back he looks uncomfortable running with the ball, his passing is shocking, does not mark the winger EVER and they are allowed to fire crosses in whenever they like. As a centre back he still chooses not to mark and cant head a ball worth a ******.

He is far to raw and it doesnt look like he is improving I think we would be better getting rid.

ps If i knew Darren Jackson was his agent I would have had a word when he was dodging about in Club Earth at half 3 on Sunday morning.

Mind Kirk Clubfoot will be playing in a UEFA cup final.

LOL at that nom de guerre.

To be fair , Kirk seemed capable of passing to his own team mates on occasion so I don't think that's a fair comparison.

If Jose was playing for the Hobos we'd be wetting our knickers laughing by now.

Drylaw Hearts

RE : Darren Jackson.......

I was told many months ago that Jose has asked DJ to find him a Club in England that will pay him ?20k per week.

DJ queried this amount and then discovered that Jose meant ?20k per week AFTER tax.

I was also told something else about Jose but that is for another day.

I was told many months ago that Jose has asked DJ to find him a Club in England that will pay him ?20k per week.

DJ queried this amount and then discovered that Jose meant ?20k per week AFTER tax.

Jose-Goncalves20070727.jpg

Bummer?

:4_1_72:

Archived