Cheat Cesnauskis

Only a Game

Only a Game

No need for a long boring thread debating the rights or wrongs or SFA conspiracy theories blah blah blah.

He outright cheated tonight and it should be recorded, acknowledged and roundly condemned.

So there Ive done it for you all.

Cheers.

Only thing worse than Nacho Novo's dive on Saturday, which got a Hibs player booked, was that his was in the box.

Lots of players dive mate. Shouldn't happen but it does.

Charlie-Brown

I don't think he did - he maybe made more of the contact which made up the referee's mind for him plus the fact he's a Lithuanian player and they now have a reputation for it but had it been Nakamura or Novo then i doubt there would have been any card & just waved play on if no penalty award.

Toxteth O'Grady

There was contact, he made the most of it, plenty others would have done the same

I don't think he did - he maybe made more of the contact which made up the referee's mind for him plus the fact he's a Lithuanian player and they now have a reputation for it but had it been Nakamura or Novo then i doubt there would have been any card & just waved play on if no penalty award.

I think that's the real difference with regards to the double standards. I don't necessarily think penalties are given more, but cards are definitely not dished out as much for diving when it is one of the gruesome twosome. Kev Thomson antics being the prime example.

Only a Game
Only thing worse than Nacho Novo's dive on Saturday, which got a Hibs player booked, was that his was in the box.

Lots of players dive mate. Shouldn't happen but it does.

True, but we shout and scream about it from the roof tops when,

A. Someone does it against us and

B. We get a player booked for it when he hasnt done it.

Tonight we had a player that cheated. I just thought if we publicly accepted it as a group we might get listened to the next time we get victimised...................perhaps not then ? ;):)

braveheart

i,m pretty sure the falkirk player caught his right foot which made him stumble.only showed the repeat once but the reputation of the lithuanians in our team went before him.dougal made some strange calls tonight.

I agree with you. Chesney doesn't normally take a tumble unlike Miko (pre-Scotland game)

True, but we shout and scream about it from the roof tops when,

A. Someone does it against us and

B. We get a player booked for it when he hasnt done it.

Tonight we had a player that cheated. I just thought if we publicly accepted it as a group we might get listened to the next time we get victimised...................perhaps not then ? ;):)

No I think it's fine to publicly accept it. He dived in my opinion, not acceptable.

I thought you were maybe going over the top to criticise Cesnauskis but I see now that's not the case.

No we don't we shout about the injustice at the fact that only Hearts players get booked for it and roundly condemned in the media. Look at how many bookings Velicka got for diving compared to the runts like Nakamura and Novo.

Only a Game
No I think it's fine to publicly accept it. He dived in my opinion, not acceptable.

I thought you were maybe going over the top to criticise Cesnauskis but I see now that's not the case.

Naw I was having a laugh at it really. Ive worn out my remote on replay looking for contact and there isnt any. Its a blatant dive. God bless those standing up for Chesney though.

Only a Game
No we don't we shout about the injustice at the fact that only Hearts players get booked for it and roundly condemned in the media. Look at how many bookings Velicka got for diving compared to the runts like Nakamura and Novo.

chill mate. Its a light hearted end of season poke fun at ourselves type thread

Clint Riggs
Falkirk would have got the penalty.

Bairns fan in peace here, debateable, given that we haven't

been awarded a pen in our last 50 or so ESSPEEHELL games.:rolleyes:

Yip that's right, a year and a half since we last won a penalty in

the league.

I believe the Dons have scored a dozen or so from the spot this

season alone, possibly due to the Lee Miller factor.:secret:

vlad on the tyne

velicka was no saint mate

Seymour M Hersh
i,m pretty sure the falkirk player caught his right foot which made him stumble.only showed the repeat once but the reputation of the lithuanians in our team went before him.dougal made some strange calls tonight.

I agree there was definitely contact and even although it was slight when a player is moving at speed it does not take much to cause a fall. Chesy, I thought from the one replay we were shown even tried to stay on his feet as opposed to the OP's summation of the incident.

I agree there was definitely contact and even although it was slight when a player is moving at speed it does not take much to cause a fall. Chesy, I thought from the one replay we were shown even tried to stay on his feet as opposed to the OP's summation of the incident.

I am normally first to moan about our divers but i agree with this. In the reply it looked to me like he was trying to stay up and he also tried to play the ball while on his knees. He did give the arms a little wave in the air though but don't think it was a "dive".

Tommy Brown
I am normally first to moan about our divers but i agree with this. In the reply it looked to me like he was trying to stay up and he also tried to play the ball while on his knees. He did give the arms a little wave in the air though but don't think it was a "dive".

agree totally

Chesney, should have been emptied years ago.

I know he's been injured but when he's fit he regularly produces the square root of ****** all (despite scoring one of the goals of the season last night). And after players like Miko have done their best to mend their 'divers' image he goes and does that.

Dont think it was very clear cut to be honest.

I'd be making more of an issue about the boy that kingston jumped in to that went down holding his face. At first i thought they'd bashed heads..... replay shows no contact with the boys face at all.

Worse example than Chesney's IMO.

colinmaroon

There was contact!

He grossly exaggerated his going down!

Did scramble to get up IMMEDIATELY!!! (i.e. Didn't roll around holding his face when there was no contact as elsewhere in that game!)

Rightly got a yellow card!!!

End of!!!

Of course, that doesn't suit some people's agenda, including that dribbling idiot Scott Booth!!!

No need for a long boring thread debating the rights or wrongs or SFA conspiracy theories blah blah blah.

He outright cheated tonight and it should be recorded, acknowledged and roundly condemned.

Cheers.

There was contact. It was a penalty.

He is guilty of making a meal of it, but that's about it. I say fair play to the lad to be honest.

You wouldn't be talking gash if we had been awarded it.

John Findlay

Wow cheating in football. Hold me back.

Every team and I mean every team has players who will do anything to gain an advantage over an opponent.

Smith at the SFA/GFA knows this. What's more he knows no matter what he will never stop it. However it does make good newspaper and other media copy and to a certain degree shows him in a good light as the man who aims to stop cheats.

Never going to happen and all and sundry with a smitten knowledge of football knows it too.

Yes Chesney cheats. I could list all other players to do now and I WOULD HAVE THE LONGEST THREAD IN KB history.

John

Walter Bishop

Cheers.

He never cheated he was touched, he was only guilty of dramatising the situation by throwing his arms up in the air which if you check back Dougal tells him thats why he is booking him!

He never cheated he was touched, he was only guilty of dramatising the situation by throwing his arms up in the air which if you check back Dougal tells him thats why he is booking him!

Agree. Thought it was a pen at first sight. Convinced so in replay. But the amateur dramatics swan dive got him a (deserved, IMO) yellow. Shame, as he was the only player in a Hearts jersey to have shown any skill, composure or desire last night.

Agree. Thought it was a pen at first sight. Convinced so in replay. But the amateur dramatics swan dive got him a (deserved, IMO) yellow. Shame, as he was the only player in a Hearts jersey to have shown any skill, composure or desire last night.

How is it deserved? There was contact. End of.

So if a player decides to emphasise the point the penalty is null and void?

Two wrongs suddenly make a right?

I think some of you guys should apply for jobs as referees...

I smell S*H*I*T*E!!

Seymour M Hersh

You may be correct as I did see Dougal wave his arms at the booking. Which of course begs the question did the ref think there was contact as well but felt in his eyes Ches made too much of it? Would he have given us a foul outside the box?

I smell S*H*I*T*E!!

It was a deserved booking because it was unsporting behaviour (formerly ungentlemanly conduct). But it was still a penalty, I agree.

As to your last comment, I've never met you so couldn't comment, but am happy to take your word for it.

gorgie rd eh11

If thats a booking then every game would have at least ten. Kris boyd would be booked in every single game he played.

It was a deserved booking because it was unsporting behaviour (formerly ungentlemanly conduct). But it was still a penalty, I agree.

As to your last comment, I've never met you so couldn't comment, but am happy to take your word for it.

The smell of excrement wafts wildly through my office window when i read your posts. I just put two and two together...

The smell of excrement wafts wildly through my office window when i read your posts. I just put two and two together...

You could try deoderant or eau de cologne perhaps.

Cheers.

The one good thing is it looked like he knew straight away he wasnt going to con the ref and got right back up without the usual plea to the ref and then the heavens,good goal mind you.

I smell S*H*I*T*E!!

As I have said in a previous post,he got straight back up on his feet,no complaints,knew he hadn't conned the ref,no other Hearts player even claimed for it,no penalty was the correct descision.

Looks like you are in the minority on this one mate,start watching games with a wee bit of an open mind and you to will see that not every fall in the box should result in a pen to Hearts.

If thats a booking then every game would have at least ten. Kris boyd would be booked in every single game he played.

So not many booking's then.

Mr Quagmire

well isn't it funny how the media and pun'tits alike have stated that IF THERE IS ANY CONTACT WHATSOEVER THEN IT IS JUSTIFIED >???

there are plenty of players in the SPL and all over the world that would have done the same.

Guest S.U.S.S.

The only thing he done wrong was get caught.

Its only cheating when your caught.

sandyseymour
There was contact. It was a penalty.

He is guilty of making a meal of it, but that's about it. I say fair play to the lad to be honest.

You wouldn't be talking gash if we had been awarded it.

I don't recollect Chesney actually claiming for a penalty. He went down and jumped up straight away. No rolling around arms outstretched looking for a penalty. The Ref got it wrong.....booked Chesney 'cos he is Lithunanian and nothing else....any other non Hearts player and it would have been a simple "play on" (if not a penalty) :evilno:

sandyseymour

no comprendo.......a deserved booking for unsporting behaviour?? but it still was a penalty????:confused:

stupidfreshchris

Hi guys, 1st post.

I think the incident involving studs stamped on Miko's knee was far more cynical, worth mentioning I think.

colinmaroon
Hi guys, 1st post.

I think the incident involving studs stamped on Miko's knee was far more cynical, worth mentioning I think.

Good spot!!!

I agree!

And was Glen not "stood on" as well?

It was a penalty and would probably have been awarded had it been another player such as Glen

Chesny was fouled, fell and stumbled to get up. Had it been a cheating dive he would have stayed down

Do you know where hell is

The falkirk player who held his face was by far worse, had, chesney done that the daily ranger and the **** would have had a witch hunt organised for after the game.

Minimal contact and i think chesney knew it aswell based on the fact he tried to get up rapid.

Spellczech

I don?t care if players cheat. They are trying to win matches FFS. I do care when referees cheat.

Imeantasong
The falkirk player who held his face was by far worse, had, chesney done that the daily ranger and the **** would have had a witch hunt organised for after the game.

Minimal contact and i think chesney knew it aswell based on the fact he tried to get up rapid.

Falkirk's team of guid honest young Scottish laddies always seem to be at it, don't they?

Even in reserve games when they put "The Bullet" out the game, again. I seem to recall Valdas was a bit peeved at that one.

Archived