2 Holding Def/Mid Defending a 2 Nil Deficit ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

The shape of the Hearts team really rips my knitting .

The negative midfield with 2 defensive holding players in front of the back 4

Ruben and Jonsson creates nothing in an attacking approach , resulting in

no man in the hole making late forward runs into the box really sets us up

with a defending /negative outlook from the start of a match .

Our full backs never seem to get forward and our wide midfielders never seem

to create or get to the bye line and deliver any service to our striker/s .

What is the point setting out your stall with a negative gameplan in a

meaningless match while planning for the up and comming season ahead .

Please Stevie Frail give us an attacking 4-3-3 for a home match against

a poor Killie side on saturday . Entertainment is the name of the game .

Magic Numbers

4-3-3 is all very well, but you need 3 forwards for it!

Mole...Clum...& who? Young Robinson? Glen is injured, Nade too & Pinilla has been spirited away by the sprites. I know...stick Zali up front, he can win headers!!!!!!

Csaba's Broon Shoes
4-3-3 is all very well, but you need 3 forwards for it!

Mole...Clum...& who? Young Robinson? Glen is injured, Nade too & Pinilla has been spirited away by the sprites. I know...stick Zali up front, he can win headers!!!!!!

True , but at least a 4-4-2 with an attacking centre midfielder like a

cameron / hartley supporting a front 2 , we have a squad of 60+

surely we have 3 forwards , maybe not knowing this regime .

4-5-1 it is against Killie , we may sneak a 1 nil .

When Miko went off we had very little output.

No striker coming deep to get on the ball.

Larry was shocking out wide and provided nothing.

Wallace? Well he did not play well to say the least.

Larry should have been moved into the middle and Cesnauskis brought on for Ruben or Eggert.

Captain America

Mole yes, but anybody but Clum up front dont care it from u12 bloody team

Magic Numbers

Hmmmmmm...

I'd go for this...

GK Bjornsson, just to give the lad a run-out, and to give Banks/Frail a chance to assess him in a game situation

3 Centre Backs - Rapnik, Karipidis & McGowan, with Rapnik & Karipidis covering the right & left channels when required & McGowan sitting in the centre.

2 Wing Backs - Wallace & Brown, constantly moving up & down the wings, covering at the back when required

Ruben as holding midfielder between CDs & CMs, winning the ball & passing simply to Larry/Bruno

Larry & Bruno as the creative central midfield pairing

I would go for Husband as the link man between midfield & attack, as a trial for 1-2 games.

Striker, whoever is fit, if anyone. Bring back Hjalmar if we have to!!! If not, my number is 01592.........

Think it might work, I reckon it'd be a pretty creative side, though inexperienced.

Discuss...

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Hmmmmmm...

I'd go for this...

GK Bjornsson, just to give the lad a run-out, and to give Banks/Frail a chance to assess him in a game situation

3 Centre Backs - Rapnik, Karipidis & McGowan, with Rapnik & Karipidis covering the right & left channels when required & McGowan sitting in the centre.

2 Wing Backs - Wallace & Brown, constantly moving up & down the wings, covering at the back when required

Ruben as holding midfielder between CDs & CMs, winning the ball & passing simply to Larry/Bruno

Larry & Bruno as the creative central midfield pairing

I would go for Husband as the link man between midfield & attack, as a trial for 1-2 games.

Striker, whoever is fit, if anyone. Bring back Hjalmar if we have to!!! If not, my number is 01592.........

Think it might work, I reckon it'd be a pretty creative side, though inexperienced.

Discuss...

To me it does not matter who plays for Hearts , we could have 10 Ronaldo's

and Craig Gordon in goal and we would still get beat with the negative

midfield permitations we have been playing all season .

Guest JamboRobbo

Have said for a while, individually, they are both good players. As a combo, they don't offer enough IMO, especially going forward.

If I had to choose, I'd look to find a long term partner for Eggert and ditch Ruben to the bench/backup........I think Eggert has more potential in the medium term

Hearts Heritage
..... we would still get beat with the negative

Statistics show otherwise. Last night's defeat was the first to a Non OF side in the SPL since Jan 2.

Yes the entertainment is rubbish BUT if We had had the same set of results in the first half of the season we'd be clear in 3rd position.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Have said for a while, individually, they are both good players. As a combo, they don't offer enough IMO, especially going forward.

If I had to choose, I'd look to find a long term partner for Eggert and ditch Ruben to the bench/backup........I think Eggert has more potential in the medium term

A bit like Ballack and Lampard down the bridge , never play well together

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Statistics show otherwise. Last night's defeat was the first to a Non OF side in the SPL since Jan 2.

Yes the entertainment is rubbish BUT if We had had the same set of results in the first half of the season we'd be clear in 3rd position.

If , buts and maybes

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Ruben and Jonsson are very, very poor together.

The both of them lack cutting edge. Only one of them should be in the team unless we are playing five across the middle.

We are crying out for a Hartley/Cameron type player.

Kingston should be the short term answer but we continue to play him on the wing where he does nothing.

You can't possibly assume we would have the same set of results.

That wee 'stat' gets used a lot on KB but it simply isn't valid.

The both of them lack cutting edge. Only one of them should be in the team unless we are playing five across the middle.

Kingston should be the short term answer but we continue to play him on the wing where he does nothing.

I think Palazuelos offers little other than slowing the game down. It takes him an age to move the ball backwards and onto his left foot before he can pass it. Totally one paced as well. Wouldn't be at all bothered if he left in the summer.

I think Jonsson now looks in dire need of some coaching. He is charging around all over the field in order to cover for the 'classy' midfielders we have - and that is limiting his effectiveness.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Exactly it's not rocket science however most people can see this apart from

our coaching set-up , which is open to debate .

Guest JamboRobbo
I think Palazuelos offers little other than slowing the game down. It takes him an age to move the ball backwards and onto his left foot before he can pass it. Totally one paced as well. Wouldn't be at all bothered if he left in the summer.

I think Jonsson now looks in dire need of some coaching. He is charging around all over the field in order to cover for the 'classy' midfielders we have - and that is limiting his effectiveness.

Spot on on both counts IMO. Jonsson, like Stewart, would benefit from less perspiration and more inspiration. Jonsson has the excuse of being young and inexperienced though and should learn how and when to do things and when not to.......

That's pretty much how I see it as well.

It baffles me how much praise RP gets on Kickback. Certainly don't see it.

As you said, if he left in the summer I wouldn't be bothered.

boabyarsebiscuit

Screpis deserves a game in midfield. However as he was a naughty boy by making Vlad meet contractual obligations in respect of his move to Hearts I will not be holding my breath. Plus Frail couldnae pick a decent player even if he didn't have his hands tied.

Screpis deserves a game in midfield. However as he was a naughty boy by making Vlad meet contractual obligations in respect of his move to Hearts I will not be holding my breath. Plus Frail couldnae pick a decent player even if he didn't have his hands tied.

He got one start at Kilmarnock I think?

He looked a bit busier and a bit stronger than Palazeulos, but faded really badly in the second half. He looked like a better and stronger version of Palazuelos who after a year here is clearly not cut out for the SPL.

boabyarsebiscuit
He got one start at Kilmarnock I think?

He looked a bit busier and a bit stronger than Palazeulos, but faded really badly in the second half. He looked like a better and stronger version of Palazuelos who after a year here is clearly not cut out for the SPL.

25 - 30 minutes as a sub at Inversnecky. Came on in the 90th minute at home to Gretna, I think it was.

Shows you how bad a season we've had when one of my highlights was Fernando's performance in one half of a pre-season freindly in Austria.

Archived