Frail wants 'interference' to stop

Ryan Gosling

Through thick and thin
I want Fails 'interference' in first team matters to stop.

Amen to that. :)

Auld Reekin'

Interesting!

:P

Snake Plissken

Every time he opens his mouth I cringe.

Get away from Tynecastle and take all your favourites with you.

He should apply for the Berwick job, take his 'boys' with him and have a right tilt at the 2nd division title.

Interference for the most part has stopped. In fact picking Goncalves to sell him and not Basso because he wouldn't sign a new contract is the type of interference that goes on at a lot of clubs, even in Britain.

These comments are slightly worrying. I didn't think he was too irked at this type of interference, though I think the Goncalves one may have hacked him off a little, but to come out and make reference to it when the team line up appeared to have little interference at all might suggest a problem.

I'm hoping it was an off the cuff remark aimed at the farce that happened at the start of the season and nothing more, but I won't be holding my breath.

Drew Busby !
Must have been told he's not getting the job then!

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/05/SPL-Hearts-reaction/

Christ how bad does that interview read. Its a complete rehash of all the pesh he's spouted this last 4 months.

Buck stops with Vlad, I know that.

But Frailanovs interview is an embarrassment from start to finish. He usually likes to tell these little "interference" stories for light-relief at football dinners/smokers. Feck only knows why he's bleating now.

He's a clueless inept incompetent spineless time-serving gimp of the lowest rank.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Now we know why ST sales were extended for a week. Roll up, roll up! :rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS FRAIL YOU CLUELESS WAN***R.

Happy to take the credit when we win but will happily blame anyone but himself when we lose.

Now we know why ST sales were extended for a week. Roll up, roll up! :rolleyes:

Apparently they aren't as bad as you might think. We find out the figures tomorrow.

Boo Hoo. Frail loses a game and then goes back to the Romanovs made me do it pesh. He chose the team and the subs imho.

The fact is we've been below the standard expected all season and that comes down to bad planning and the interference. Frail has rolled over and had his tummy rubbed all season. Shaggy doesn't strike fear into the players and has some respect but ultimately can't get the high earners to do the job week in and out.

We need a hard taskmaster and a manager who will be given respect and who will be able to get the players playing. If Shaggy is given the job we won't have a scooby snack chance of winning anything.

Only a Game

Unless he wanted to play a whole raft of youngsters for the last 5 games and wasnt allowed to because we're needing to put the dead wood in the shop window, I cant see why he's raising this now, right after a defeat. (Well I can actually and it doesnt leave him looking good since he's been telling us for months now that he's picking the team)

Is there not a decent feckin journalist around who can ask a decent follow up feckin question. "What do you mean by interference" FFS !!!

Only a Game
Has anybody actually listened to the radio interview?

Its been taken off on the link you posted. Vlad wants to edit it apparently ;)

Charlie-Brown
Its been taken off on the link you posted. Vlad wants to edit it apparently ;)

Nope it's still there OaG - halfway down the page - people are going off on one - Frail makes some interesting comments but it doesn't really reflect that Setanta article - his closing words are interesting though regards players.

I want Fails 'interference' in first team matters to stop.

Definately.

Vlad: "Jump!"

Shaggy: "How high?"

Has anybody actually listened to the radio interview?

Yep. Nothing we didn't already know or couldn't have said 18 months ago. The football side of the club is a shambles and he knows it.

Charlie-Brown
Yep. Nothing we didn't already know or couldn't have said 18 months ago. The football side of the club is a shambles and he knows it.

So what was he talking about at the end? what does he mean?

adayinmay

What is it with people bashing SF on here? I think where Hearts are just now is dire and lost but why should SF take any responsibility for that? He has done more than could ever have been expected for a caretaker manager. In-fact his record shows he has done very well.

I've listened to the BBC interview and nowhere did I hear him say anything I'd disagree with. He knows the problem and I reckon he's doing the best anyone can to sort it.

Berating SF is sadly pathetic and shows how far the wool has been pulled over.

Only a Game

Interview not available on my screen. Tell us what he says at the end and maybe we can spend a couple of weeks working out what he meant by it. We've got ages till Euro 2008 starts.

Not quite sure what you are talking about. Seems to me he hasn't a clue whether he will be in the job or not though I know he knows that the vast majority of the support don't want him.

Charlie-Brown
Not quite sure what you are talking about. Seems to me he hasn't a clue whether he will be in the job or not though I know he knows that the vast majority of the support don't want him.

The last few sentences about the players......he / the club needs them to focus on their performances & getting results - not their own outside interests.

Only a Game
The last few sentences about the players......he / the club needs them to focus on their performances & getting results - not their own outside interests.

I'd imagine quite a few of them either want moves, or dont want moves but the club want to move them and they are focussing more on where they are going to be next instead of where they are now. ??

Symptomatic of our instability I suppose.

I think he was about to put his foot in it big time and then rambled something else. He was saying that the players were not focused because of all the other shenanigans and uncertainty surrounding us and were using it as an excuse. If you were a player with a decent future in the game you would be looking for a move ASAP.

What a mess.

Auld Reekin'
Nope it's still there OaG - halfway down the page - people are going off on one - Frail makes some interesting comments but it doesn't really reflect that Setanta article - his closing words are interesting though regards players.

In fact it bears very little resemblance to it at all, not that this seems to worry all those queueing up (not referring to you NMH) to stick the boot into him. The closing words are interesting: but, as with everything else at Hearts just now, it's all just veiled hints and references with the significance and implications remaining unclear.

Charlie-Brown
I think he was about to put his foot in it big time and then rambled something else. He was saying that the players were not focused because of all the other shenanigans and uncertainty surrounding us and were using it as an excuse. If you were a player with a decent future in the game you would be looking for a move ASAP.

What a mess.

Possibly but it was next season he was talking about - regardless of it was with him or another manager - next season we need performances to be better etc. etc.

Possibly but it was next season he was talking about - regardless of it was with him or another manager - next season we need performances to be better etc. etc.

I would hardly say that was something that was eye opening !!

By the way managers sometimes give 2, 3 or 4 seperate interviews after matches so the Setanta article and BBC interview are highly likely to be unrelated.

Harry Palmer

OK, where is the 'interference'? Where is it mentioned in Frail's comments?

Some go on about a new manager blah feckin' blah! Some say Frail is useless blah feckin' blah! 3 games lost out of 'How many?'.

Mr Romanov may appoint any old 'manager'. If he does so and then some decide that he's pish... what then? Get rid of said 'manager'?!

'But you said if I appoint a manager you'd return'

'Ah but we did not say which manager....'

Really? What link did he say that on?

On the links in this thread he said "football first and everything else is secondary".

SF may have been talking about the players outside interests but equally he could have been speaking about the secondary issues within the club. Why have you made the assumption it was the players?

Charlie-Brown
Really? What link did he say that on?

On the links in this thread he said "football first and everything else is secondary".

SF may have been talking about the players outside interests but equally he could have been speaking about the secondary issues within the club. Why have you made the assumption it was the players?

Because he'd spent the best part of a minute talking about the players & continued to talk about the players?

Toxteth O'Grady

If only our glorious leader would do the same

Father Tiresias
- his closing words are interesting though regards players.

The interview left me cringing. Frail will NEVER cut it as a manager. He says that the players look good in training but their passing game is not good enough to win matches.

Well, I ask you Frail, is that not your job to motivate the players to battle and fight for every ball and lost cause.

Quite frankly, his demeanour looked that that of a broken man!!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Christ, I can almost see you frantically fire-fighting yet another piece of dreadful PR. Almost every second post on this thread has been you trying to quell the anger and frustration.

I think what Frail is getting at is the catastrophic consequences of not being able to work with the players on the training ground without knowing five days of planning could be rendering utterly useless when the Friday fax comes in. Do you understand how crushing that must be (and has been for three years!) for individual and collective morale? No wonder the players all want moves. I don't blame them one bit.

Charlie-Brown
Christ, I can almost see you frantically fire-fighting yet another piece of dreadful PR. Almost every second post on this thread has been you trying to quell the anger and frustration.

I think what Frail is getting at is the catastrophic consequences of not being able to work with the players on the training ground without knowing five days of planning could be rendering utterly useless when the Friday fax comes in. Do you understand how crushing that must be (and has been for three years!) for individual and collective morale? No wonder the players all want moves. I don't blame them one bit.

Well you obviously didn't listen to the interview then because he didn't say or hint at anything like that - he spoke about the need to focus on results.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Well you obviously didn't listen to the interview then because he didn't say or hint at anything like that - he spoke about the need to focus on results.

I didn't listen to it because I haven't fallen for your trick.

The interview in question is from Setanta, and includes these quotes:

"Things have to change, not so much on the pitch, a lot of things happen off the pitch"

"There needs to be more of a focus and go for the same goal, right from the first day of pre-season and have no interference and have everyone pull in the same direction"

"[The players have] been told in there things will change come the start of the season, whether it’s me in charge or someone else, things have to change"

That seems pretty conclusive.

What you did was respond to the thread by the third post, within three minutes of the OP, and direct everybody to a very different BBC interview where Frail says nothing controversial and mostly comments on the players.

Nice try, but it ain't washing.

Drew Busby !
The interview left me cringing. Frail will NEVER cut it as a manager. He says that the players look good in training but their passing game is not good enough to win matches.

Well, I ask you Frail, is that not your job to motivate the players to battle and fight for every ball and lost cause.

Quite frankly, his demeanour looked that that of a broken man!!

Or a broken jelly-fish if that were at all possible.

vegas-voss

You know what im sick of hearing from Frail is how everything is great in training.Start judging ****ers on there performance on matchdays and we may start getting somewhere every week it's the same players failing but every week the same ****ers are in.You Mr Frail are part of the problem,how the **** can you continue to pick Elliot after the performances he puts in on the pitch,no effort,no desire and no ****ing talent.

colinmaroon

This is what the article/journo says at it leads up to SF's quote:

"Caretaker boss Stevie Frail spoke after the game, he warned the club that the managers and coaches must be allowed to do their job and that interference has to stop."

This is what he is quoted as saying on Setanta,

"Things have to change, not so much on the pitch, a lot of things happen off the pitch,? Frail told Setanta Sports. ?There needs to be more of a focus and go for the same goal, right from the first day of pre-season and have no interference and have everyone pull in the same direction."

The journo is, as usual, twisting what Frail said!!!

On my part, no axe to grind, not any more, just getting fed up with every dash dot and tittle being turned into a Macchiavellean Plot!!!

Charlie-Brown
I didn't listen to it because I haven't fallen for your trick.

The interview in question is from Setanta, and includes these quotes:

"Things have to change, not so much on the pitch, a lot of things happen off the pitch"

"There needs to be more of a focus and go for the same goal, right from the first day of pre-season and have no interference and have everyone pull in the same direction"

"[The players have] been told in there things will change come the start of the season, whether it’s me in charge or someone else, things have to change"

That seems pretty conclusive.

What you did was respond to the thread by the third post, within three minutes of the OP, and direct everybody to a very different BBC interview where Frail says nothing controversial and mostly comments on the players.

Nice try, but it ain't washing.

I didn't see or hear the post match interview on Sultana but i did hear the radio interview which you must admit is different to the article on the setanta website - I was responding to what I'd just listened to that was all no trick mate.

vegas-voss

He's a clueless inept incompetent spineless time-serving gimp of the lowest rank.

And thats why he will keep his job

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I didn't see or hear the post match interview on Sultana but i did hear the radio interview which you must admit is different to the article on the setanta website - I was responding to what I'd just listened to that was all no trick mate.

It is different, but the Setanta one is damning.

He actually uses the words "have no interference".

It can't be clearer than that!

Geoff Kilpatrick
It is different, but the Setanta one is damning.

He actually uses the words "have no interference".

It can't be clearer than that!

To be fair, he could have been referring to Molotov and his "fitness" regime. However, it was at best ill-advised, at worst damning.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
To be fair, he could have been referring to Molotov and his "fitness" regime. However, it was at best ill-advised, at worst damning.

Agreed.

But we always do this.

Somebody says something that is just so ludicrous, that reflects the club in the worst possible light, that most of us have never heard anybody employed within football come close to uttering some of the stuff that goes on at our club. And we, the fans, debate semantics and contort ourselves into embarrassing positions as we try to yet again brush it off as nothing. It's just knackering.

We shouldn't be having this conversation because Frail shouldn't have said what he did, because he shouldn't need to or have reason to say it.

Why post in this thread when you haven't read the interview in the link provided in the OP?

Charlie-Brown
Why post in this thread when you haven't read the interview in the link provided in the OP?

I did read the article in the OP but I said I didn't see or hear Frail being interviewed on setanta but I did hear him on the radio (bbc) and the bbc interview came across quite differently from the setanta interview - I wasn't going to start a separate thread just to post the bbc link when this thread already existed and seemed the most obvious place. :rolleyes:

Anyway this seems quite a definite statement (in bold)

Frail said: ?Well they desperately need to be in the top six so we have some sort of success.

?I?ve told them that since taking over it?s just been my job to get as many results as we can and as many points as we could.

?We have ultimately failed again in getting a top six place, but they?ve been told in there things will change come the start of the season, whether it?s me in charge or someone else, things have to change.?

Hans von Luck
I did read the article in the OP but I said I didn't see or hear Frail being interviewed on setanta but I did hear him on the radio (bbc) and the bbc interview came across quite differently from the setanta interview - I wasn't going to start a separate thread just to post the bbc link when this thread already existed and seemed the most obvious place. :rolleyes:

Anyway this seems quite a definite statement (in bold)

Frail said: “Well they desperately need to be in the top six so we have some sort of success.

“I’ve told them that since taking over it’s just been my job to get as many results as we can and as many points as we could.

“We have ultimately failed again in getting a top six place, but they’ve been told in there things will change come the start of the season, whether it’s me in charge or someone else, things have to change.”

"Things will change" is not exactly the sort of statement we want to hear.

The words "a experienced Manager" is what we want to hear to get us out of this mess.

Archived