One player

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

Right, say you're the man in charge. The entire squad is being emptied apart from one player, and you've to build your team around him.

Who is the one player you'd take?

I'm struggling to come up with any.

If your asking SF then it would be Clum.

For me i think it would be Jonsson. While still a little rough around the edges he has seemed to stopped making the mistakes he was earlier in the season.

Berra

I'd want to keep Jonnson, Driver, Glenn, Karapidis, Kingston, Ruben and Miko as well though.

I don't think the players are the problem.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What does Jonsson actually do for you lot then?

He gets more and more average every time I see him.

Him and Ruben were absolutely pants tonight, never got a hold of the game once.

Certainly not a midfielder who can influence a game and certainly not someone I would build a new team around.

I'll go for Berra but not as captain.

Berra. I think his performances have been really good since the turn of the year and I think he and Karipidis complement each other excellently, they were let down by other defenders tonight, mainly Jason Thomson.

If Frail can get Berra to give these types of performances, imagine what someone competent could do.

Only one player... I'd have to go for Berra. However, I think we have the basis of a quality side.

Imho we need to get a new left back and a dominant centre half. We need a very good right midfielder and probably a box to box centre midfielder. Most importantly we need a 20 goal a season poacher.

Will we get them? I don't think so unfortunately.

Certainly not a midfielder who can influence a game and certainly not someone I would build a new team around.

Disagree with your general view of Jonsson as I think he'll be a very good player. I agree with the rest of the points you made though, far too early to say you could build a teamm around him. At 19-years old he is not ready to play every game. Ruben was poor as well tonight. I'm happy for Ruben or Eggert to stay in the centre and in the team if we get someone alongside them much better.

Difficult question.

Ruben or Berra.

As much as I rate Ruben I'd say he's more of a cog than someone to build the team around. Tidy, composed and consistent good player. Not great, not yet anyway.

As much as I rate Ruben I'd say he's more of a cog than someone to build the team around. Tidy, composed and consistent good player. Not great, not yet anyway.

I don't know. Get the right players around him ie ful backs, wingers and possibly a striker who drops off and he has the ability to control the tempo of the game and get us playing.

I don't know. Get the right players around him ie ful backs, wingers and possibly a striker who drops off and he has the ability to control the tempo of the game and get us playing.

Hopefully.

I think I'll stick with that answer regarding Ruben and getting other players.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

If that's the case I think it says more about Hearts than Jonsson. We can add him to the list of dozens who have arrived in the last three years and got steadily worse at Hearts.

FWIW, I would keep Jonsson. I think there's a great player in there somewhere.

ToYouToMe

Berra. By far the most consistent player in the side.

walton1983
Disagree with your general view of Jonsson as I think he'll be a very good player. I agree with the rest of the points you made though, far too early to say you could build a teamm around him. At 19-years old he is not ready to play every game. Ruben was poor as well tonight. I'm happy for Ruben or Eggert to stay in the centre and in the team if we get someone alongside them much better.

Problem is that they are too similar to play together. They both close down well and disrupt the opposition but are not creative in any way. Also, they don't look like scoring goals, you will be lucky to get five goals a season from the two of them.

We seem to have the unhappy knack of making players worse rather than better.

Darth Sidious
Glen. The rest can bolt.

Agree. The squad is full of bottom SPL and lower players.

Archived