RELAX

Towzer

The Old Tolbooth
Did we like it when we were worse than this ?

Did we complain when we were worse than this ?

Did we want better when we were worse than this ?

Yes

Yes

Yes

thats 3 Yes's and your through to the next round !!

Last question. Its a bit hard though. When was the last time we were worse than this when we had so much potential to be better and so many financial resources at our disposal.

Clue: 5 letters. begins with N and ends in EVER.

Crikey, I find myself nodding in total agreement with that post, I need a lie down! :confused:

Only a Game
Crikey, I find myself nodding in total agreement with that post, I need a lie down! :confused:

Oh goody. Youve no idea how hard I have been trying recently to post something you agreed with. :):)

portobellojambo1
I assume the same rules apply to prospective managers then ?

"Tell us Mr McGhee, do you have any opinions about how Hearts should be managed"

"Yes, well, I thought we'd start off with............."

"Next !!!"

I would suspect that the simple answer to that is yes, very much so, and I do not expect to see Mark McGhee at Tynecastle.

The Old Tolbooth
Oh goody. Youve no idea how hard I have been trying recently to post something you agreed with. :):)

Glad to hear it ;)

The problem with leaders is they tend to have a voice and an opinion OaG, and voices and opinions have not been welcome at Tynecastle for a long time now. The culture now appears to be do what you are told, do not question, or else you will suffer the consequences.

A very very good point. Not only are we mediocre in the extreme but we are collectively a team of nobodies. We are personality less, have little presence or stature and have no drive, leadership or passion. A truly dire combination therefore.

Only a Game
I would suspect that the simple answer to that is yes, very much so, and I do not expect to see Mark McGhee at Tynecastle.

Nor me, for the purposes of reality just substitute the name McGhee for anyone else we might approach.

By the way. Do you think out of work managers pretend they're not in and /or dont answer the phone when they know its us ?

Buffalo Bill

I can't believe this thread has picked up so well from Towzer's opening rants to my defending the squad of 81/82.

Derek Addison ya bass!

Marinello!

Buffalo Bill

Father Tiresias
me either,Frails a liar and a ******

Frail looked like a broken man in a Setanta interview after the game.

He's still a ******!!

Charlie-Brown
I can't believe this thread has picked up so well from Towzer's opening rants to my defending the squad of 81/82.

Derek Addison ya bass!

Marinello!

Buffalo Bill

Derek Addison was a good quality player - probably our best & most influential that season.

Marinello - poor mans Willie 'Bud' Johnston - think he's a down & out in Brighton now - you can take the boy out of Hibs but.......

Seymour M Hersh
Russell Anderson maybe ?

Big Wilkie at Dundee Utd ?

Rob the Giraffe fae accross the toon ?

Sevvy

Gary Locke (I'm scraping the barrel now but you get the idea.)

Theres plenty of that type around. They dont have to be the best players in the world, just be an ass kicker !! Someone in the Roy Aitken mould.

Shet like tonight wouldnt be happening if Pressley was still around.

Just one player. Sacrifice a bit of skill for a bit of balls !!!

Christ I've seen it all now!!

Buffalo Bill
Derek Addison was a good quality player - probably our best & most influential that season.

Marinello - poor mans Willie 'Bud' Johnston - think he's a down & out in Brighton now - you can take the boy out of Hibs but.......

I think because it was my first season, I kind of liked them.

I recently watched a game on VHS from 1981/82 v Motherwell (away 2-2).

The standard was poor but the team gave everything.

I know they weren't very good but I liked them.

Buffalo Bill

boabyarsebiscuit
The standard was poor but the team gave everything.

I know they weren't very good but I liked them.

Word!

These days we have a collection of overpaid underachieving footballers managed by a group of psychotics. I only actually "like" a handful of our players these days. How sad is that?

His book is quite an interesting read.

I sometimes despair of some Hearts fans. We can carry on saying - 'Ah but we've been much worse on the park in the past' until the day we get relegated. We can say 'Things have been much worse off the park in the past' until the day we are a few days away from being closed down like when Mercer took over. But by then it will be TOO LATE to do anything about it. People aren't negative about the state and direction of the club because they want to be. They are because they dont want the club to drift aimlessly towards the same dire days as the late 70s/early 80s. Saying we've been crap before so dont get upset about it now is simply not an option IMO.

Archived