How would you vote in an Independence referendum?

NEILY1874

How would you vote  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How would you vote

NEILY1874

Following on from the thread about Labour being ready to accept that we should have the right to vote on independence i though id see how those on here would vote

Resounding yes from me.

chester copperpot
Following on from the thread about Labour being ready to accept that we should have the right to vote on independence i though id see how those on here would vote

Resounding yes from me.

I'll leave the others to fight in the thread, but a resounding no for me. I have my reasons, but tend to keep my views on politics to myself.

NEILY1874
I'll leave the others to fight in the thread, but a resounding no for me. I have my reasons, but tend to keep my views on politics to myself.

Ill not be joining in if arguments ensue either Andy, theyve all been done before.

Im more interested in the actual result of the poll.

Definite no from me, although again I tend not to get too involved in arguments on politics

The Tories are going to win the next election.

I don't want to be under their boot heel again.

YES for me.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I believe in the Union.

However....

I NEVER want to see a Tory government again as long as I live. Sadly that is an unreal vision.

The English voter cannot be trusted. They seem to conveniently have forgoten that if the Tories get back in, they will do NOTHING about affordable houses, they will probably get rid of the minimum wage (People back to working for ?2-?3 an hour), employment rights are not great with a Labour Government right now, but they will be worse under the Tories, they talk a good game on crime, immigration poverty but they will DO nothing. They will cut taxes yes, and we will pay for it in the NHS and education. They will look after their paymasters in business and screw over working people as they have always done.

The thought of all that coming back is horrifying, believe me I have experience as I was one of Maggie's millions, I dont want those days back.

If the Tories got in, I would have to consider whether I would want outright Independence or a vote for increased powers for the Scottish Parliament ie serious tax raising laws, an ability to veto any Westminster legislation eg the minimum wage being abolished etc.

Right now, I just do not know.

davemclaren

Independence = what does it mean? Heck, there's even a British Independence Party. :P

I voted No but as I don't live there anymore I don't suppose my vote counts. Ironically my sister and I (who are both Scottish) wouldn't get to vote but my English Dad and Brother would.

Never mind I'll just try to do my best down here to keep the Tories out. (Nae feckin chance I fear!!)

Sooperstar

Resounding yes from me.

Depends how many pints would be on offer.

Guest juvehearts

Resounding YES for me

loads more worce off country's have broken free & done well for themselfs.

thats all im saying on the matter as it was a yes or no questions with no follow on's

Charlie-Brown

My understanding was that it would be a 3 option referendum the (simplified) choices being as follows:

a) No change to the Scottish Parliaments current powers.

B) More Powers to the current Scottish Parliament.

c) Independance.

southlondonjambo

Absolute yes from me (though sadly I can't vote).

I'd be delighted to be able to keep some of my own hard-earned money, rather than seeing it shipped north of the border each month to pay for the Jockos' free healthcare, holidays and heroin.

But of course Scotland will vote No - why end the party when someone else is paying for it?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
My understanding was that it would be a 3 option referendum the (simplified) choices being as follows:

a) No change to the Scottish Parliaments current powers.

B) More Powers to the current Scottish Parliament.

c) Independance.

This would be my preffered three options on a ballot sheet.

I think they would cover most people's views.

Drew Busby !

I'd be delighted to be able to keep some of my own hard-earned money, rather than seeing it shipped north of the border each month to pay for the Jockos' free healthcare, holidays and heroin.

But of course Scotland will vote No - why end the party when someone else is paying for it?

Don't be a party pooper mate...come up and join the party, closer to Gorgie for a start. :laugh:

PS you're wrong about the heroin. But I think theres a manifesto commitment for beer to be supplied through the domestic water mains.

Chester™

Really? Honestly dude why do you bother?:sad:

heartgarfunkel

Yes for me. The benefits from the British Empire are long, long, gone. It's time to face up to the realities of the future without having our excellent neighbours (genuine) south of the border to blame for anything we don't like. Let's be a bit like the Danes, Norwegians, Belgians, Dutch, Swedes, etc., and be entirely responsible for our own affairs.

Yes, without any doubt whatsoever.

Consign the English to the Tory rule in perpetuity and it will serve them right. I would, however, have some sympathy for my many freinds in the North of England.

Jamie_the_Jambo

Anyone who voted no hasnt really thought this through.

No offence, but you havent.

How could anyone in their right mind want their country to be governed by another country. Esp England.

Oh, unless youre Rangers minded.

Jamie

Dont argue.

speedbump

How could anyone in their right mind want their country to be governed by another country. Esp England.

Jamie

Dont argue.

Predictable.

Jamie

Dont argue.

Yeah and don't forget as soon as Scotland gets independence you get a extra grand in your pocket and a real life naked girl in your bed. ;)

The Baldmans Comb

I 'd take a long hard look at how other small European countries are performing on an economic basis.

Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Austria, Ireland, Iceland, Denmark ,Czech Republic compared to say Albania, Slovakia and Georgia.

A definite yes it just needs self confidence.

I have voted. Votes are usually closed ballot are they not?

:)

However, hence the edit to this post, I see this is an open poll.

Era Macaroons

Yes

We need a larger say in our own affairs

And if we make an erse of it...we can always offer England the chance to unite with us again;)

Yes

We need a larger say in our own affairs

And if we make an erse of it...we can always offer England the chance to unite with us again;)

Hell yeh! A tax on all their women! Fit ones north, munters stay where you are!

The process where people in Scotland woke up to the realisation that having a third to a half of the people in the country dependent on the Government for their income is not a way to sustainable prosperity would be absolutely brutal.

Scotland would have the potential for a high growth, high income economy. We have no shortage of resources - but the dead hand of Government would have to be reduced in size for that potential to be untapped.

10 hard years of public spending cuts, cuts in the size of the public sector workforce, reductions in benefit culture etc as well as reductions in the squander on 'defence' - and Scotland could become a high growth economy. Would be a hard time though - and the political environment in Scotland is not ready for the debate necessary on these issues.

Guest S.U.S.S.
It's Conclusive - the people of Kickback support Independence.

Done deal then! :-0

NEILY1874
It's Conclusive - the people of Kickback support Independence.

Aye toggie but not by the margin it did when this was last done in the shed.

Is this possibly due to the fact that it actually seems more like it could actually happen now?

My great fear is that people who bleat on about being proud Scots and supporting independence bottle it when the chance to regain our nationhood comes around.

Aye toggie but not by the margin it did when this was last done in the shed.

Is this possibly due to the fact that it actually seems more like it could actually happen now?

My great fear is that people who bleat on about being proud Scots and supporting independence bottle it when the chance to regain our nationhood comes around.

I don't know if the unsure option was included last time though.

Scotland has got a large percentage of 90 minute patriots, and the liklihood of Independence has went up dramatically in the last 48 hours, never mind the last 12 months.

It may well be that support for Independence does do better in the opinion polls - but folk said that about the SNP last year.

NEILY1874
I don't know if the unsure option was included last time though.

Scotland has got a large percentage of 90 minute patriots, and the liklihood of Independence has went up dramatically in the last 48 hours, never mind the last 12 months.

It may well be that support for Independence does do better in the opinion polls - but folk said that about the SNP last year.

No i dont think it was and if i remember correctly around two thirds were in favour of independence on here back then which would mean all the unsures deciding to vote yes to take us to that figure now.

Anyway this is only a poll amongst a small amount of people but im sure youll agree its still nice to see the majority backing Independence.;)

upthehill
I voted No but as I don't live there anymore I don't suppose my vote counts. Ironically my sister and I (who are both Scottish) wouldn't get to vote but my English Dad and Brother would.

A resounding no from me. Your post sums a lot of it up for me. You happily live outwith Scotland, but retain your Scottish identity easily. Your English born father and brother live happily in Scotland and retain their English identity, what's the need to go creating divisions that are not there?

My family are Scottish, Northern Irish & English. We're all from the same country, have the same values, background and upbringing & Government. Just born in different parts of it, and choose to live in still different ones.

My sister born in Scotland would not have a vote, my mother born in Larne would.

troonjambo

Jamie

Dont argue.

A resounding no from me as well . and offence taken BTW "dont argue" "rangers minded" what age are you do you honestly think that since the war the whole scottish electorate has not "thought it through" because of what football team they support but its ok now praise the lord jamie says think about it and dont argue WOW thats that settled then quick break out the kilts and buff up our claymores watch braveheart again its scottish fantasy land time

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:evilno::evilno::evilno::evilno:

Archived