Br?ndbys captain on Hearts radar?

StrikersInstinct

StrikersInstinct

According to one Icelandic paper this morning, Hearts among many other clubs had scouts watching Icelandic central midfielder and Br?ndbys captain, Stefan Gislason, in action againt Nordsjaelland in the danish Premier League yesterday.

The paper says hes been in fine form since the turn of the year and is wanted by at least one German Bundesliga club.

Gislason scored a great goal in the game yesterday which finished 3-0 to Br?ndby, and you can see the goal here:

Karate kid Gislason on his way to Hearts?:

bighusref

IIRC was he not one of the great buys on FM?

How old is he? What is his position? Is he any good?

vegas-voss
According to one Icelandic paper this morning, Hearts among many other clubs had scouts watching Icelandic central midfielder and Br?ndbys captain, Stefan Gislason, in action againt Nordsjaelland in the danish Premier League yesterday.

The paper says hes been in fine form since the turn of the year and is wanted by at least one German Bundesliga club.

Gislason scored a great goal in the game yesterday which finished 3-0 to Br?ndby, and you can see the goal here:

Karate kid Gislason on his way to Hearts?:

Not knocking you mate as the info is always welcome but it always seems to be Hearts and others that are linked.When ever i read the others bit from now on im just taking it with a pinch of salt.I also think though that these are the types of markets we should be looking at as the scandanvia/icelandic type players always do well in the UK and if you get them before they hit the big time there wages are reasonably.

IMA MAROON
IIRC was he not one of the great buys on FM?

How old is he? What is his position? Is he any good?

Should we wait until we have a manager before signing players?

bighusref

Yes, the problem with that is ARE we going to get a manager?

Pete Seeger

Another centre mid :eek: Still, if he can ping a ball like that he's more than welcome.

Yes, the problem with that is ARE we going to get a manager?

I think we will get a manager but speaking to the coaches up at Ricarrton they all say SF will be manager next season.

bighusref
I think we will get a manager but speaking to the coaches up at Ricarrton they all say SF will be manager next season.

So, we are not getting a manager next season then?

So, we are not getting a manager next season then?

The coaches have been saying since Feb/March that it will be Frail.

I put it down to them worried about their own position should a new man come in but now I am not too sure.

bighusref

I put it down to them worried about their own position should a new man come in but now I am not too sure.

Frail would not be a manager, he would be a Janny, all that would be missing would be the brown overcoat.

If Wikipedia is to be believed the boy is a defensive midfielder. Looking at every position in our team I'd say that's the last we need to improve.

Charlie-Brown

That game has a bigger crowd & better atmosphere than most SPL games.....why would he want to come here?

Charlie-Brown
If Wikipedia is to be believed the boy is a defensive midfielder. Looking at every position in our team I'd say that's the last we need to improve.

Larry Kingston was a right back in Russia and Rudi Skacel was left back at most other teams but they can be / were star players in the SPL.

Larry Kingston was a right back in Russia and Rudi Skacel was left back at most other teams but they can be / were star players in the SPL.

Not quite sure I understand your point NMH. If Wikipedia is to be believed, the boy is a defensive midfielder, we already have Ruben and Eggert, this guy might be better than them but I'd rather have a better GK, RB, LB, CB, RM, AM, ST before getting a better DM. Unless you are saying this boy could play in a different position? Which is a little too much to presume is it not?

Guest JamboRobbo

I hope we are interested because football professionals working for HMFC have scouted him, and not because Vlad has looked him up in football manager, then noticed he scored a good goal at the weekend.

I hope we are interested because football professionals working for HMFC have scouted him, and not because Vlad has looked him up in football manager, then noticed he scored a good goal at the weekend.

What? Like Hleb? :P

I was more thinking Makela and Beslija.

Nah, both of them were crap in football manager. ;)

If VR was basing his signings & selections on Football Manager he wouldn't have been so keen to get rid of Bednar & Brellier. Perhaps he's using one of FM's inferior rivals?

Frail would not be a manager, he would be a Janny, all that would be missing would be the brown overcoat.

Don't forget the bucket and sawdust

Gigolo-Aunt

God no.

I think the only defensive midfielders we have are Jonsson and Wallace if he is ever going to be used in midfield again.

Palazuelos might be immobile but he is not a defensive midfielder in my opinion.

We have been desperately short of a midfield player with strength since Brellier was frozen out. Particularly when so many lightweight players have been used in midfield.

Walter Bishop

Our manager is already in place, the sooner people realise the better!!! We are being taken for fools yet again!!!

Our manager is already in place, the sooner people realise the better!!! We are being taken for fools yet again!!!

I was not keen on Shaggy to start with and would still prefer a more (British)experienced manager/managerial team. What I will say however is that if we win the remaining 3 games his stats will look very good.

The real problem, IMO, is that we need to clear the dressing-room of at least 10, possibly 15, no-users before ANY manager could make his mark (not a coded hint). In addition we have many youngsters out on loan who are unlikely to make it. A big clear out is necessary before we go anywhere.

Jambof3tornado

Regardless of who the manager is,Vlad will be selecting the players that are in the squad and the new manager(or shaggy) will make his starting choice out of 20 or so players,no point in waiting for a new manager to pick players to bring in!!!;)

Archived