Wendy,Independance Bring it on

flecktimus

A Boy Named Crow

She has truly bricked it here. The SNP promised a referendum in 2010, after proving they could do the job. Wendy has realised that she cannot win said vote and is trying to push it through sooner while the naysayers still cling to the lies and the scare tactics. Problem here is she can't dictate the agenda!

The Tories and the Lib Dems won't go for it, but what it does mean is that when the SNP bring forward the bill for a referendum (when they are good and ready), she will be unable to stop it! Does anyone else remember the waffle we heard about Wendy's "super brain"? I've long considered this to be a myth, however a bit like Celtic's best fans in the world it has been accepted by those who should know better. This monumental gaff has proved once and for all the complete diddy she really is.

SAOR ALBA!!!

flecktimus
She has truly bricked it here. The SNP promised a referendum in 2010, after proving they could do the job. Wendy has realised that she cannot win said vote and is trying to push it through sooner while the naysayers still cling to the lies and the scare tactics. Problem here is she can't dictate the agenda!

The Tories and the Lib Dems won't go for it, but what it does mean is that when the SNP bring forward the bill for a referendum (when they are good and ready), she will be unable to stop it! Does anyone else remember the waffle we heard about Wendy's "super brain"? I've long considered this to be a myth, however a bit like Celtic's best fans in the world it has been accepted by those who should know better. This monumental gaff has proved once and for all the complete diddy she really is.

SAOR ALBA!!!

Whether A. Salmond would be able to set the agenda i very much doubt.This announment has come from higher powers.I believe Brown has hit the panic button by trying to put this issue to bed before the next general Election.Dont forget if Labour lose Scotland,Labour have no chance of power down south.

Whether A. Salmond would be able to set the agenda i very much doubt.This announment has come from higher powers.I believe Brown has hit the panic button by trying to put this issue to bed before the next general Election.Dont forget if Labour lose Scotland,Labour have no chance of power down south.

According to the article "Mr Brown is cautious about backing a referendum. However, The Scotsman understands the Prime Minister has not made a decision on the issue yet." so not sure about panic buttons.

It is an issue that needs addressed though.

Personally, I think that an Independence vote would be lost (i.e. a "no" vote would win)

flecktimus
According to the article "Mr Brown is cautious about backing a referendum. However, The Scotsman understands the Prime Minister has not made a decision on the issue yet." so not sure about panic buttons.

It is an issue that needs addressed though.

Personally, I think that an Independence vote would be lost (i.e. a "no" vote would win)

Sorry but i cant buy Brown not having his hand in this announcement.National Labour are bricking themselves after the council elections and the last thing they need is trouble north of the border.

maltese jambo

Personally i think the SNP will wait till well into their second term to call a referrendum. Alex has flirted with the idea of being a key player in the next Westminster government and is pinning his hopes on forming some sort of coalition government in which he could achieve a better deal for Scotland.

In the meantime, the SNP will concentrate on doing well generally running Scotland under devolution, while building up confidence in the public that independence could work.

Its a good plan but i personally think that people would be ready to accept the independence argument earlier than 2010.

Personally i think the SNP will wait till well into their second term to call a referrendum. Alex has flirted with the idea of being a key player in the next Westminster government and is pinning his hopes on forming some sort of coalition government in which he could achieve a better deal for Scotland.

In the meantime, the SNP will concentrate on doing well generally running Scotland under devolution, while building up confidence in the public that independence could work.

Its a good plan but i personally think that people would be ready to accept the independence argument earlier than 2010.

A bit dangerous that isn't it given how close the last election was?

A Boy Named Crow

Well if you read the Herald article on rths it states that Wendy and Gordon have talked about this, but she went ahead ithout his agreement, aparently frustrated at his ditherng over a plan to foil the SNP. It would appear that many in Scottish Labour ere completely unaware that this was going to happen. She is a very sily girl!

flecktimus
Well if you read the Herald article on rths it states that Wendy and Gordon have talked about this, but she went ahead ithout his agreement, aparently frustrated at his ditherng over a plan to foil the SNP. It would appear that many in Scottish Labour ere completely unaware that this was going to happen. She is a very sily girl!

Haven t read the Herald but ill take your word.If true what you state then she is a very silly girl.But i am sorry i cant take it on board she has acted on her own.This is a massive statement, even for a silly girl.

flecktimus

Exactly why Labour may take the risk sooner rather than later

Archived