Roughest neighbourhoods in Europe?

Locky

Outwith Britain, what neighbourhoods or suburbs are considered as pretty nawty?

Have a bit of fun on Google street view when I'm bored but everywhere I go on it seems to be lovely.

Quite fancy going on having a look at some proper dumps as I feel like I'm living in a cesspit.

I've found it extremely easy to find names of rough neighbourhoods in USA etc. But none for Europe.

A few pretty hairy looking areas on the edges of Paris. And some bits of Moscow look like no go areas.

I'd imagine places like Naples and Marseille have problem areas.

Clichy sous Bois, Paris.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

post-6677-13690918426614_thumb.jpg

post-6677-13690918542083_thumb.jpg

A few pretty hairy looking areas on the edges of Paris. And some bits of Moscow look like no go areas.

I'd imagine places like Naples and Marseille have problem areas.

Had a wee look at a few in Paris but was just picking any random one. Again, they were all lovely.

Clichy sous Bois, Paris.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly the kind of place. :thumbsup:

Sarcelles in northern Paris used to have a bad reputation. There are areas of eastern Berlin such as Marzahn that I wouldn't feel that enthusiastic about being an obvious tourist in.

I would imagine that eastern Europe will have some pretty harrowing places, Bratislava, Bosnia, etc, etc...

kim jong-un

Nowa huta in Krakow is dodgy as **** at night. I seen a woman running about with a axe there

Franklin Delano Bluth

I would hazard a guess at the old Eastern Bloc countries having pretty nasty places.

I suppose Chernobyl would be pretty bad, there's an obvious reason why though. The places above look the exact same though, abandoned dumps. Like Leith, but more modern and forward thinking.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

zabrauti-1.jpg

Olympics-game-come-in-Ferentari-6.jpg

0.jpg

Ferentari, Bucharest looks lovely.

looks like the flats in broxburn from a few years ago.

Gorgiewave

There is a place south of Madrid that mght ne described as a shanty town. Ramshackle hpuse made of cardboard and mattresses that is also the main drug dealing place in Madrid, if not in Spain. I've never been, but whenever I see it on TV, it's because there's been a police raid.

I'd imagine that some parts of Athens would be pretty rough, when you have a 'needle alley' on a side street off one of the main squares I dread to think what some of the suburbs would be like!

Would imagine some of the Eastern Block countries like Romania would have some pretty hairy neighborhoods!

Chester™

I've just read an article in The Blizzard about Zlatan Ibrahimovic - the Rosengard district of Malmo sounds lovely. :rolleyes:

Whoever said Bratislava is a wee bit wide of the mark. Some of it clearly looks like a former Eastern Bloc country, but I thought most of it was fairly decent. Even the 'dodgy' parts I felt fairly ok about walking around.

Gorgiewave

zabrauti-1.jpg

0.jpg

Their houses may look like they're about to collapse, but at least they have satellite TV. That's the main thing.

I've just read an article in The Blizzard about Zlatan Ibrahimovic - the Rosengard district of Malmo sounds lovely. :rolleyes:

Whoever said Bratislava is a wee bit wide of the mark. Some of it clearly looks like a former Eastern Bloc country, but I thought most of it was fairly decent. Even the 'dodgy' parts I felt fairly ok about walking around.

Pales.jpg

muslim-thugs-attack-police-malmo-sweden.jpg

Photo-2012-08-30-08-00-36-e1346309444468-550x412.jpg

aaaaafx3.jpg

I was reading this thread and getting ready to mention Roseng?rd in Malm?, considered the roughest part of Sweden, followed by S?dert?lje on the outskirts of Stockholm and Angered in Gothenberg.

alwaysthereinspirit

Outwith Britain, what neighbourhoods or suburbs are considered as pretty nawty?

Have a bit of fun on Google street view when I'm bored but everywhere I go on it seems to be lovely.

Quite fancy going on having a look at some proper dumps as I feel like I'm living in a cesspit.

I've found it extremely easy to find names of rough neighbourhoods in USA etc. But none for Europe.

All the Google vans were car jacked in the nawty areas. Thus no bad scenes on Google Street View.

Its a conspiracy to make the whole world look lovely.

...a bit disco

I was reading this thread and getting ready to mention Roseng?rd in Malm?, considered the roughest part of Sweden, followed by S?dert?lje on the outskirts of Stockholm and Angered in Gothenberg.

Is he a Daily Mail reader?

H J Simpson

0_street_views_-_niddrie_mains_drive_from_se_032441.jpg

Edinburgh

0_street_views_-_niddrie_mains_drive_from_se_032441.jpg

Edinburgh

5 minute walk from mine.

Looks a lot nicer now though.

good programme on discovery about the camorra and how they have ruined naples. inside the gangsters code I think it was called.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Got the wrong bus to Halls in my first weekend at University, the bus stopped in Seaton, Aberdeen.

Proceeded to see a group of children brick a Seagull to death.

:sob:

Suppose, it's that or be picked up by the bloody thing.

Kalamazoo Jambo

5 minute walk from mine.

You could have at least cleaned up your footprints.

portobellojambo1

zabrauti-1.jpg

0.jpg

When I first looked at the pictures above I thought it was the streets that used to lead up to Parkhead that they knocked down to build the new sports facilities for the Commonwealth Games. However on second glance the streets above are actually in better nick, and have less satellite dishes.

Craig Gordons Gloves

There is an area in Baltimore, not too far from downtown that is horrific, we took a wrong turn one night and went from downtown buildings into what could only be described as the ghetto. Lots of guys, listlessly hanging round on cheap chairs on porches suddenly became very interested in the nearly new SUV (rental) carrying 4 white boys and girls. I've also driven through some proper downbeat neighborhoods in Philly. Fortunately it was day time as i would have hated to have been going through there at night - bloody GPS doesn't always take you the safest route...

Looking at some of those pictures above, it's horrific how people actually live.

Always said that europe like to paint a bad picture of Britain but its just borne out of envy.

We have our shitholes but there are some truly horrific joints in mainland europe.

Carl Weathers

Sweden is fantastic but has big problems with immigration. I believe Malmo is the worst and is full of rival immigrant gangs fighting each other.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What areas of Europe are the most nawty?

Strangest question I ever heard.

I reckon there are parts of Naples where you could hide bodies/stolen cars for decades without plod even coming close to finding them. Sprawls for miles.

Sweden is fantastic but has big problems with immigration. I believe Malmo is the worst and is full of rival immigrant gangs fighting each other.

Wonder if there's a Swedish Defence League?

What areas of Europe are the most nawty?

Strangest question I ever heard.

I reckon there are parts of Naples where you could hide bodies/stolen cars for decades without plod even coming close to finding them. Sprawls for miles.

As someone who has never left Britain and in fact, has only left Scotland 4 or 5 times, I'm very curious to find out more about cultures and lifestyles etc. In mainland Europe.

I don't have much interest in travelling anywhere outside of Europe with the exception of USA. But, I'd really love to visit a whole number of countries across the EU. And I don't really want the touristy holidays either.

Las Tres Mil in the otherwise wonderful city of Seville. Built in the 60s to "rehouse" gipsies from the central area of Triana, it became a rat-infested, drug-sodden hell hole. If you can get a taxi driver to take you there, however, you'll find the best flamenco music in Spain!

Doctor FinnBarr

Wonder if there's a Swedish Defence League?

As someone who has never left Britain and in fact, has only left Scotland 4 or 5 times, I'm very curious to find out more about cultures and lifestyles etc. In mainland Europe.

I don't have much interest in travelling anywhere outside of Europe with the exception of USA. But, I'd really love to visit a whole number of countries across the EU. And I don't really want the touristy holidays either.

I can prob help with Germany, what do you really want to know?

I can prob help with Germany, what do you really want to know?

Just the general sort of working class daily routine.

I learnt a wee bit at school when I did German and I know they have school on a Saturday.

Although if I remember correctly, it's just a half day and it's mainly sporting activities that they do.

Doctor FinnBarr

Just the general sort of working class daily routine.

I learnt a wee bit at school when I did German and I know they have school on a Saturday.

Although if I remember correctly, it's just a half day and it's mainly sporting activities that they do.

I meant pubs and the likes, not school timetables.

Victor Mancini

:rofl:

Youth riots this week in Rinkeby, a suburb of Stockholm.

post-18020-0-81262400-1369475853_thumb.jpg

A shocker for sweden..the ultimate european country ...

Nelly Terraces

This is like a warped Eurovision Song Contest. Superb stuff, keep the piccies coming.

Matthew Le Tissier

:glorious::rofl:

cosanostra

Have to agree with those who have said Naples.

Place is an absolute shithole. One of the only times in my life I've not felt safe while out drinking was in Napoli.

I remember being out partying in Berlin once and we were getting the train back from a club about 10am and we accidentally got off the train at a stop called Wedding. It was clearly a horribly deprived area. As we got out of the station, there were a gang of about 10 African black guys drinking 40s and playing dice sitting on the kerb. One of them spotted us and launched an empty bottle at the 4 of us. They all stood up and started walking towards us. Luckily for us, a few local white guys with mullets / tattoos / sleeveless denim jackets seemed to pop out of nowhere and grab us walk us over the road back into the other station walkway on the opposite side of the road. They also pulled out knives and flashed them to the black guys from across the street, shouted some racist abuse at them and continued taunting them even after we walked back down to the platform. Lucky for us, some racist, mulleted white German guys saved us from a spot of bother that day. They looked like extras from the Warriors or something. :D

I also remember getting a buy from Girona to Barcelona once and there were dozens of little wooden hut / shanty towns in the hills and mountains around Barcelona. I've never seen housing or conditions that poor anywhere else in Europe. It was pretty much exactly what you'd expect to see in the poorest areas of India or South Africa. No idea what any of them were called but it was a surprise to see them anyway.

I also remember getting a buy from Girona to Barcelona once and there were dozens of little wooden hut / shanty towns in the hills and mountains around Barcelona. I've never seen housing or conditions that poor anywhere else in Europe. It was pretty much exactly what you'd expect to see in the poorest areas of India or South Africa. No idea what any of them were called but it was a surprise to see them anyway.

There used to be full on shanty towns at the edge of Barcelona and they cleared them before the olympics were there. I guess the people had to go somewhere.

Archived