XBL-Problems

hughesie27

hughesie27

I've been trying to get on live with GTA and regular matches are fine usually but if somebody sends me an invite or i try to play a ranked match it doesn't work. Also when I first switch on the 360 it won't sign onto live but still lets me play games onlne (i know it sounds daft) It used to automatically sign me onto MSN and Live before it gor RROD'd but since it came back from repair it's had these problems.

vegas-voss
I've been trying to get on live with GTA and regular matches are fine usually but if somebody sends me an invite or i try to play a ranked match it doesn't work. Also when I first switch on the 360 it won't sign onto live but still lets me play games onlne (i know it sounds daft) It used to automatically sign me onto MSN and Live before it gor RROD'd but since it came back from repair it's had these problems.

Have you checked your nat settings.I had the same trouble my first games online in GTA then i done a test and it said my nat was set to strict.My Bt homehub aint meant to do this but i went in and opened up my network and set xbox live to sharing then rebooted my hub and it's been ok since.Also since you got your 360 back have you set it to automatically log you into xbox live in your settings.

hughesie27

The nat test comes back as moderate. What should I do to make it 'open'

vegas-voss

Im not really sure all the routers are different.My Bt Homehub is supposed to work fine but i still needed to go in and set xbox live to sharing.I think you will have to open up the nat settings port in your router to allow it to open.Did you check that you have assigned yourself to automaticall sign in the xbox live on the 360 ? if not do that aswell,i have a feeling that will set it your nat to open as im sure it did with mine when i got my 360 back from microsoft as i did not auto sign in either and had to be told from someone from here to set it to auto sign in at options.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Go to the Live website, it explains it all there.

Any probs just pm me.

Dean Winchester

Having problems when other people invite me to a party, party world opens up fine then as soon as they try joining a game 9 times out of 10 it will kick me... Works fine if I'm the host though :confused: CBA trying to fix it tonight though... Rough as :(

hughesie27

I've set it tp auto sing in but same problem saying moderate. It has once said open before but now it's back to moderate. Mabye the position of the xbox? Even though its in the same place.

Anyway as I said before the regular matches are fine so a couple of us got a wee group on it and had great fun playing cops + crooks RedEyeDave joined in and hmfcbigdaddy as well. It was a brilliant laugh.

Dean Winchester
I've set it tp auto sing in but same problem saying moderate. It has once said open before but now it's back to moderate. Mabye the position of the xbox? Even though its in the same place.

Anyway as I said before the regular matches are fine so a couple of us got a wee group on it and had great fun playing cops + crooks RedEyeDave joined in and hmfcbigdaddy as well. It was a brilliant laugh.

Are you using a router? If so it'll be the settings of that you'll need to change, or upgrade the firmware to the latest version

Dean Winchester
A wirless router yeah. Any idea how?

Depends on the make and model.

Generally your able to access the settings from your pc by typing in the address bar 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 but the definite address will be in the manual.

Once your in the settings you have to open up these ports. You'd be able to access that usually under Port Forwarding/Triggering. Go in there and open up these ports:

UDP 88

UDP 3074

TCP 3074

Then re-run your Xbox Live Test on the 360 and hopefully it should be Open now.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Depends on the make and model.

Generally your able to access the settings from your pc by typing in the address bar 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 but the definite address will be in the manual.

Once your in the settings you have to open up these ports. You'd be able to access that usually under Port Forwarding/Triggering. Go in there and open up these ports:

UDP 88

UDP 3074

TCP 3074

Then re-run your Xbox Live Test on the 360 and hopefully it should be Open now.

Cheers bud, now know what open ports to look for when trying to access his pc.;)

Dean Winchester
Cheers bud, now know what open ports to look for when trying to access his pc.;)

Good luck with that ;)

Guest S.U.S.S.
Good luck with that ;)

Jesus, some of the stuff on his PC is illegal in 48 states!!!!!;)

hughesie27

Right, I've got the port forwarding bit, (funnily enough it's under applications and gaming)

Now it's talking about application names giving me options like ''FTP'' ''TFTP'' ''SMTP'' and others.

Also has bits to key in external and internal ports. Then the protocol options (TCP, UDP and both.

Any help?

hughesie27

Right I think I need to be ignoring the bit about application names I just need the numbers for the external and internal ports. Ta.

Dean Winchester
Right I think I need to be ignoring the bit about application names I just need the numbers for the external and internal ports. Ta.

What makes your router mate? I'll look it up

hughesie27

Tried those but still no luck.

Could be that we have a new modem now?

Can you not set your xbox back to factory settings? I'm sure I done it one time and it didn't wipe my memory. I'd double check if you decide to do it though.

hughesie27

Nah the memory wil lstay, I've done it before but don't think it makes any difference.

Nah the memory wil lstay, I've done it before but don't think it makes any difference.

No harm in trying it again and switching back to your preferred settings.

Dean Winchester

Have you checked out Firewalls that may be enabled on your router/modem and configured them accordingly as well?

And to Rab I fail to see how you can say configuring your ports isn't necessary and then link to a site which says it is necessary for best performance :confused: "Sometimes, you may have to configure port settings on a non Xbox Live certified router or gateway."

And to Rab I fail to see how you can say configuring your ports isn't necessary and then link to a site which says it is necessary for best performance :confused: "Sometimes, you may have to configure port settings on a non Xbox Live certified router or gateway."

He has an XBL certified router.

Dean Winchester
He has an XBL certified router.

And do you know his modem is XBL certified as well? :rolleyes:

Edit: Hughesie do you have the firmware version for your Router? It should be displayed on the settings page of your router. It should hopefully be 3.01.3 or 3.03.6 as other versions cause problems with Xbox Live.

Not trying to start a ****ing contest here, just pointing out port forwarding is unlikely to be the issue. I'll leave you to it.

Archived