What now for Dunfermline?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Today's result could leave them in serious shit, I know we've got our own problems but it's time for solidarity between fans of clubs in trouble, the decent ones like ours anyway.

Thoughts are with their supporters right now, they're in ten times the mess we are.

To be honest, I wouldn't imagine there'd be much of a difference between the 1st and 2nd divisions financially.

Plus, their also gaining 4 fixtures with Rangers which may well see them gain even more money through gate receipts.

Sad how they have fallen. I reckon they will survive though and be back in div 1 in a few years time.

A shame for them. They shouldn't have been in Div One in the first place.

Footballfirst

They will have to work out if they can keep a full time squad together (as QOTS did this season). Their pro-youth set up may well be dismantled. Their income to pay rental/lease payments on EEP will be severely curtailed

All in all, not a good prospect

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The Rangers games and fairer distribution of money should mean they survive, they are probably finished as a meaningful club though.

Find it hard to have sympathy for them when only 3k could be arsed to go to games when they were on their last legs. Sorry to Mr Jim though. Deserves better.

Charlie-Brown

Allan Johnston, Paul Hartley and Colin Cameron oh and Allan Moore as well all going head to head next season. As for Dunfy they will stumble on and come back eventually. Both Killie and St Johnstone went down to the very basement of Scottish football but came back. As did the team formerly known as Rangers.

Gorgiewave

Among other things, Hearts and Dunfermline should be having the two-leg "Forth Cup" or whatever and try to get two full houses, gates shared equally. With some publicity and reasonable prices, we could get some decent crowds.

Though I don't sense much desperation or "bunker mentality" from either club.

Among other things, Hearts and Dunfermline should be having the two-leg "Forth Cup" or whatever and try to get two full houses, gates shared equally. With some publicity and reasonable prices, we could get some decent crowds.

This is the sort creative thinking needed in Scottish football just now. Lots of possibilities.

Lots of goodwill to them. Probably need a bit of time to pause and reflect. Who will their manager be? Someone young and dynamic like Paul Hartley? I'm due JJ would do well also if able to stay.

Bowmans_Boot

Good, creative idea but I dont think it would come anywhere near selling out, unfortunately.

Gorgiewave

I'd also like to see Hearts using Murrayfield for some "glamour" friendlies. We got above 18,000 against Osasuna. It might have to be on a "SRU paid after the game" basis.

Jambof3tornado

Dunfy started their own downfall the day they moved away from Stephens bridies!!!

LarrysRightFoot

I'd also like to see Hearts using Murrayfield for some "glamour" friendlies. We got above 18,000 against Osasuna. It might have to be on a "SRU paid after the game" basis.

Was going to start a thread about this - we should maybe try to pull out all the stops to get a friendly with Bayern Munich next year as it will be 25 years since the UEFA Cup QF. Also be good for our 140 year anniversary (all being well)?

Maybe over-thinking a negative aspect though - playing a German team on 100 year anniversary of WW1 and McCraes Battalion?

So you're not just starting duplicate threads now (Mondays meeting e.g.), you're starting a thread that has feck all to do with us.

Once our future is secured and we know what's happening then I might, might, give a thought about a team with no relevance to me and who's fans generally aren't too keen on us.

Gorgiewave

Was going to start a thread about this - we should maybe try to pull out all the stops to get a friendly with Bayern Munich next year as it will be 25 years since the UEFA Cup QF. Also be good for our 140 year anniversary (all being well)?

Maybe over-thinking a negative aspect though - playing a German team on 100 year anniversary of WW1 and McCraes Battalion?

Over-thinking I think, yes.

A revival of the Festival Cup - Hearts, Hibs, Fiorentina, Bayern Munich. Maybe the European Champions. I think we could get 40,000 for that.

The SFA and Neil Doncaster from the SPL do not have a clue.

They get paid a fortune while some of our large clubs die.

Regan and Doncaster have been a disaster.

Neil Lennon wanting Hearts to stay up?

Says it all.

Game is a bogey.

Only Celtic are secure.

The rest are in deep shoite.

Thanks Neil and Stuart.

Over-thinking I think, yes.

A revival of the Festival Cup - Hearts, Hibs, Fiorentina, Bayern Munich. Maybe the European Champions. I think we could get 40,000 for that.

Float the idea all you want (I'm with you, and think it would be cracking) but are Bayern Munich really likely to come and play a team that finished 10th in the SPL for a friendly?

If I were Bayern Munich, I'd tell us to ram it.

Gorgiewave

Float the idea all you want (I'm with you, and think it would be cracking) but are Bayern Munich really likely to come and play a team that finished 10th in the SPL for a friendly?

It might not be a full strength team. Just a few "star" players. Barcelona came a year after being European champions.

tartofmidlothian

So you're not just starting duplicate threads now (Mondays meeting e.g.), you're starting a thread that has feck all to do with us.

Once our future is secured and we know what's happening then I might, might, give a thought about a team with no relevance to me and who's fans generally aren't too keen on us.

:lol:

Calm down, eh? There's duplicate threads all over this board (mine wasnt one) and there are threads on the front page about Alloa, Sevco, Hibs, Serie A and a Killie player. Hopefully you're off to make your point on them too.

I don't mind the Pars and I wish them well.

:lol:

Calm down, eh? There's duplicate threads all over this board (mine wasnt one) and there are threads on the front page about Alloa, Sevco, Hibs, Serie A and a Killie player. Hopefully you're off to make your point on them too.

I don't mind the Pars and I wish them well.

I know you love starting threads but there was already one about Mondays meeting!

Don't get why folk can even be thinking about the Pars at this time, that is all.

Dunfermline v East Fife next season

JJ v BB

Jim Jefferies v Billy Breakdoon

Should be good

LMFAO.... please make sure that sticks.

I know you love starting threads but there was already one about Mondays meeting!

Don't get why folk can even be thinking about the Pars at this time, that is all.

I suggest that the Pars predicament has quite a lot to do with Hearts.

SPL season 2011-2012 Dunfermline were 12th. Ross County won the 1st by a country mile and were promoted.

The SPL decide to promote Dundee in place of Dunfermline as ther was a space left by the loss of Rangers. Dundee were 24 points behind Ross County in 2nd place.

IMHO Dunfermline were relegated for no other reason than to have the Dundee Derby back in the game to "boost" the profile of the SPL. In no way shape or form should Dunfermiline have been relegated. Dundee were in no fit state to be promoted to the SPL.

Had the Pars been in thew SPL this season they "may" not have gone into admin lost the points and now find themselves in the 2nd division.

The SPL are behaving in a very unprofessional manner and nothing good is going to come from their love of bashing HMFC as often as possible.

tartofmidlothian

"I know you love starting threads" - No offence mate, bit of a strange point to make. Is starting threads and discussing things not the point of an internet forum? If I see a football story breaking elsewhere I mention it here, because the level of insight and banter on JKB's better than any other football site out there. Don't know if I start more or less than anyone else, don't think it really matters.

"There was already one about Mondays meeting!" - is that the one that starts "I know there are many threads discussing the possibilities of Monday's decision by the SPL" and then doesn't ask the question I did, which was what do we think will happen?

"Don't get why folk can even be thinking about the Pars at this time" - I presume you don't like the Pars for some reason? I can think about lots of things at once, and so can everyone who's posting on a whole range of subjects on here right now. Just like Jim Jefferies, who discussed them and us in his post match interview yesterday.

A pre-season friendly against Dunfermline to be a sell out?

What are some people on?

I suggest that the Pars predicament has quite a lot to do with Hearts.

SPL season 2011-2012 Dunfermline were 12th. Ross County won the 1st by a country mile and were promoted.

The SPL decide to promote Dundee in place of Dunfermline as ther was a space left by the loss of Rangers. Dundee were 24 points behind Ross County in 2nd place.

IMHO Dunfermline were relegated for no other reason than to have the Dundee Derby back in the game to "boost" the profile of the SPL. In no way shape or form should Dunfermiline have been relegated. Dundee were in no fit state to be promoted to the SPL.

Had the Pars been in thew SPL this season they "may" not have gone into admin lost the points and now find themselves in the 2nd division.

The SPL are behaving in a very unprofessional manner and nothing good is going to come from their love of bashing HMFC as often as possible.

Not disagreeing with any of that mate, I'm just focused on The Hearts just now.

Dunfermline v East Fife next season

JJ v BB

Jim Jefferies v Billy Breakdoon

Should be good

And McMoist v JJ, and McMoist v BB!

"I know you love starting threads" - No offence mate, bit of a strange point to make. Is starting threads and discussing things not the point of an internet forum? If I see a football story breaking elsewhere I mention it here, because the level of insight and banter on JKB's better than any other football site out there. Don't know if I start more or less than anyone else, don't think it really matters.

"There was already one about Mondays meeting!" - is that the one that starts "I know there are many threads discussing the possibilities of Monday's decision by the SPL" and then doesn't ask the question I did, which was what do we think will happen?

"Don't get why folk can even be thinking about the Pars at this time" - I presume you don't like the Pars for some reason? I can think about lots of things at once, and so can everyone who's posting on a whole range of subjects on here right now. Just like Jim Jefferies, who discussed them and us in his post match interview yesterday.

Again I wouldn't necessarily disagree with most of what you've said there, however as I said i'm only interested in what happens to my club.

No hard feelings, keep on posting :-)

Reckon Brown will join JJ at Dunfermline. No way he's staying at East Fife.

Jambof3tornado

No danger dunfy will pay for another coach/no2.

They need to cut costs not increase them.

Rangers fans I know plan on boycotting East End due to Yorkstons behaviour during their fall from grace.

tartofmidlothian

Again I wouldn't necessarily disagree with most of what you've said there, however as I said i'm only interested in what happens to my club.

No hard feelings, keep on posting :-)

No worries. Think we're all a bit more relaxed this evening. :thumbsup:

LarrysRightFoot

Big teams play diddy teams in pre-season friendlies all the time.

The least we can do is give Bayern the honour of playing us when they are going through a tough time...

They couldn't afford to appoint him last summer, so no chance of that happening. I also know its highly likely BB will move on from East Fife.

tartofmidlothian

They couldn't afford to appoint him last summer, so no chance of that happening. I also know its highly likely BB will move on from East Fife.

Coming to us?

Archived