What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

davemclaren
All Men Are Liars - Nick Lowe

I must tell you sometime about the night I saw the Brinsleys support Wings at the Odeon the night before my music O-Grade...... :th_love:

I must tell you sometime about the night I saw the Brinsleys support Wings at the Odeon the night before my music O-Grade...... :th_love:

I see Nick Lowe is pitching up at the Festival Theatre with Ry Cooder this summer - from the way it's being advertised it sounds like some kind of collaboration. I think the tickets are about ?85 too; I'd be willing to part with this Waits-esque sum to see Cooder on his own, but...

Edit: ?75. Still...

davemclaren
I see Nick Lowe is pitching up at the Festival Theatre with Ry Cooder this summer - from the way it's being advertised it sounds like some kind of collaboration. I think the tickets are about ?85 too; I'd be willing to part with this Waits-esque sum to see Cooder on his own, but...

Didn't know that -what month?

Drat, I'm on holiday then. Anyway, I got an A for my music O-grade and I feel Nick had a part in that success. :cool_shades:

Off to see Jeff Beck through in Glasgow on 28th June....

They never really leave you, these SCE passes, do they? Kind of formative.

:5643:

Drat, I'm on holiday then. Anyway, I got an A for my music O-grade and I feel Nick had a part in that success. :cool_shades:

Na na na na na - I've got 2 tickets. :tt2:

:gun_bandana:

:hammer:

Never mind - Jackson Browne in a couple of weeks if you're still up for a small libation. Auld Jock has parted with some cash and will be there too. This Could be an over 50s night for KB :sorcerer:

davemclaren
Never mind - Jackson Browne in a couple of weeks if you're still up for a small libation. Auld Jock has parted with some cash and will be there too. This Could be an over 50s night for KB :sorcerer:

Yes, that sounds good. We fly off to the states the next day but it would certainly be good to meet up for a sherry.

Re your comments about the Nick Lowe tickets, I suppose you gotta be cruel to be kind. :whistling:

Still on Fairport Convention - Liege & Lief. Sir Patrick Spens now.

I still like Fairport Convention.

So, in tribute, now playing

Matty Groves

Drew Busby !

Argent.

One of these little gaps I had to replenish in my CD collection. Chiefly famous of course for "Hold your head up" and "God gave rock and roll to you". If you're over 40 you'll remember them. Probably.

davemclaren
Argent.

One of these little gaps I had to replenish in my CD collection. Chiefly famous of course for "Hold your head up" and "God gave rock and roll to you". If you're over 40 you'll remember them. Probably.

I do remember Rod though I feel Russ Ballard was the real talent..

Argent.

Try amending that to over 50

Try amending that to over 50

Huh, Taz, You just want an invite to the Jackson Browne Over 50s night, am I right?

(You look so much younger )

Huh, Taz, You just want an invite to the Jackson Browne Over 50s night, am I right?

(You look so much younger )

Erm, nah.

If I want to have an evening of depression I'd try to find a more lively way to get there.

Erm, nah.

If I want to have an evening of depression I'd try to find a more lively way to get there.

Just a suggestion... :unsure:

BTW I Still Care For You - Ray LaMontagne

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks Live at the Hollywood Bowl

It's great - the voice is still remarkable and the songs are played very well. Listening to this just makes you weep for the keech he's churned out for the last fifteen years.

PsychocAndy
Ukranian polka cover of Katy Perry - Hot & Cold

That's outstanding. Thanx for the link

"Scream for me Long Beach" Not heard that album in years.

Just had on an acoustic version of The 59 Sound by the Gaslight Anthem.