What are you Listening to Right Now?

cosanostra

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished listening to the Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers album for the first time in years. What a feckin' great album. Moonlight Mile is just transcendent. There's a lot of drugs and death on the album too, but Brown Sugar and Bitch rock like there's no tomorrow, and I Got the Blues is a great piece of stax soul/blues. It's a wee bit hard to listen to Wild Horses without that awfy Susan Boyle cover coming to mind, but not for long. The Stones piss all over her version. I'll not leave it so long before I play it again. In fact it's going right back on NOW !

Салатные палочки

Downloaded 'Joy' by Idles yesterday.  Not usually a fan of heavier stuff but a few of their tunes are quite melodic and the content is great. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1995 Christmas day and I am desperately wanting the new Green Day album, we have MTV on in the background when "stuck with me" comes in, it's a raucous and noisy follow on to brain stew and makes me hope beyond all hope that this will be a worthy follow on to Dookie. 

It's a strange some to remind you of Christmas Day but it has stuck with me, as a teenager this album spoke to me, it was darker and more self loathing than Dookie and is still one of my favourite Christmas presents ever. 

I was at a record fair yesterday and seen it on vinyl and simply couldn't resist buying it 

220px-Green_Day_Insomiac.jpg

niblick1874

When the snow melts I'm going to pack my gear and go back to my place on the blues trail. Reserve my place in the no conscience camp, it's been way to long, the mushroom man is back. :smoking: