Scotland U17 Lose / 2 Jambo's play

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

Young scots lose their opening match in the UEFA U17 Finals where they face a tough group against Serbia, Turkey & Holland.....young Jambo's Mikey Deland started, Danny Thomson came on as sub 1st half - Scott 'Pum' Robinson was an unused sub.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under17/fixturesresults/round=15030/match=302672/report=rp.html

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under17/fixturesresults/round=15030/match=302672/report=mbm.html

Young scots lose their opening match in the UEFA U17 Finals where they face a tough group against Serbia, Turkey & Holland.....young Jambo's Mikey Deland started, Danny Thomson came on as sub 1st half - Scott 'Pum' Robinson was an unused sub.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under17/fixturesresults/round=15030/match=302672/report=rp.html

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under17/fixturesresults/round=15030/match=302672/report=mbm.html

Turkey 3-0 Netherlands

The Marooney Meister

I think Scotlands next 2 games will be shown on Eurosport Live. One is 3pm weds afternoon - no sure about the other?

didn't notice this thread at first. anyone been watching the u17 championships? i watched france v ireland, some rookie mistakes as expected but there is some really good football on show too.

Charlie-Brown
didn't notice this thread at first. anyone been watching the u17 championships? i watched france v ireland, some rookie mistakes as expected but there is some really good football on show too.

I watched Turkey who were far too good for Holland & beat them 3-0 - reckon Turkey would be strong favourites to win the tourney if they can keep playing at that level.

I watched Turkey who were far too good for Holland & beat them 3-0 - reckon Turkey would be strong favourites to win the tourney if they can keep playing at that level.

Just watched that too. Might have been a re-run. They look a good side.

does anyone know why the games are only 80min long, whats with that?

Charlie-Brown
Just watched that too. Might have been a re-run. They look a good side.

does anyone know why the games are only 80min long, whats with that?

Normally at Club Youth Initiative levels including U17 they normally play 3 x 25-30 minute periods & also the coaches can stop a match during play with a 'time out' to discuss / coach a match situation or incident with the kids......but when they do play a full match it's normally only 40 mins per half.

Normally at Club Youth Initiative levels including U17 they normally play 3 x 25-30 minute periods & also the coaches can stop a match during play with a 'time out' to discuss / coach a match situation or incident with the kids......but when they do play a full match it's normally only 40 mins per half.

Thanks. I didn't know that. Any youth games ive seen have been 90mins. Although that couldve been u19s. When you play at school and stuff it was always 90miutes though. Do you think time outs etc really help them to understand game better? does it not just disrupt it too much?

Charlie-Brown
Thanks. I didn't know that. Any youth games ive seen have been 90mins. Although that couldve been u19s. When you play at school and stuff it was always 90miutes though. Do you think time outs etc really help them to understand game better? does it not just disrupt it too much?

There was an U17 full match at riccarton v Hibs last monday night which I think was 90 minutes?

At U13 to U17 age groups they don't play in a league as such so although they keep score the games are not competitive in that sense and are more about coaching & development of players at full 11 v 11 - practice match situations etc.

At U12 & younger age groups it is all 7 v 7 games & smaller pitches as this gives the kids more touches of the ball & more involvement etc.

Archived