U20s v DAFC - last game of the season

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Not at todays game, but currently 1-1 with Gary Oliver scoring the equaliser.

Footballfirst

Conceded a few late goals in recent games now.

Generally just lost a lot of goals all season.(period)

49 in 28 league games isn't great nor have been some of the defensive and goalkeeping errors along the way. The main bonuses from this season's U20s have been the number of players progressing to the first team and the experience gained by some of the younger guys.

I don't know what today's team was, but I'd assume that it was a youngish line-up. DAFC similarly would have had a young side out given their play off games this week.

Generally just lost a lot of goals all season.(period)

49 in 28 league games isn't great nor have been some of the defensive and goalkeeping errors along the way. The main bonuses from this season's U20s have been the number of players progressing to the first team and the experience gained by some of the younger guys.

I don't know what today's team was, but I'd assume that it was a youngish line-up. DAFC similarly would have had a young side out given their play off games this week.

From DAFC site

HEARTS: Jack Hamilton; Liam Smith (Jack Simpson 44), Marcus McMillan, Liam Gordon, Jordan McGhie, Adam King, Robbie Buchanan, Sean McKirdy, Gary Oliver, Angus Beith, Sam Nicholson

SUBS NOT USED: Jordan Miller (GK), Elliott Ford, Kai Wilson, Mark Keegan

Footballfirst

From DAFC site

HEARTS: Jack Hamilton U19; Liam Smith U17(Jack Simpson U16 44), Marcus McMillan U18, Liam Gordon U17, Jordan McGhie U17, Adam King U18, Robbie Buchanan U17, Sean McKirdy U15, Gary Oliver U18, Angus Beith U17, Sam Nicholson U18

SUBS NOT USED: Jordan Miller U17(GK), Elliott Ford U17, Kai Wilson U16, Mark Keegan U18

Cheers

jamboinglasgow

A fairly comprehensive interview with Darren Murray in the EEN

http://www.scotsman....rlets-1-2924684

Are you planning any end of season interviews with Darren Murray and John Murray for the HYDC website like you have in previous years? Always find them interesting.

Footballfirst

Are you planning any end of season interviews with Darren Murray and John Murray for the HYDC website like you have in previous years? Always find them interesting.

I've been thinking about it, but recent interviews that Darren has done with the Official site and now today's with the EEN have covered most of the areas I would be looking to do. The only area that is left is the number and identity of full time youth players we are talking about for next season, which probably comes more under John Murray's remit.

I may have a word with John Cockerell to get him to give me his thoughts on player recruitment and development at the younger age levels as its an area that has had little coverage to date. HYDC's remit is the whole of the Academy, so I shouldn't just focus on the senior players because of the specific interest in those who may or may not be ready for first team. football.

I may also try and line up one of the sports scientists to see what their remit is and what influence they actually have on the youth players.

We_are_the_Hearts

Need to build a will to win and a bit of steel in to these laddies. Hope they are raging

jamboinglasgow

I've been thinking about it, but recent interviews that Darren has done with the Official site and now today's with the EEN have covered most of the areas I would be looking to do. The only area that is left is the number and identity of full time youth players we are talking about for next season, which probably comes more under John Murray's remit.

I may have a word with John Cockerell to get him to give me his thoughts on player recruitment and development at the younger age levels as its an area that has had little coverage to date. HYDC's remit is the whole of the Academy, so I shouldn't just focus on the senior players because of the specific interest in those who may or may not be ready for first team. football.

I may also try and line up one of the sports scientists to see what their remit is and what influence they actually have on the youth players.

That sounds a great idea, maybe even an interview with a youth player to get an idea of how the academy helps them, their normal day training and why they signed for Hearts.

Archived